Kyle Todrank

BrennanFan

1 hour ago, BackyardChamp said:

Dumb move on his part, and was embarrassed instantly after

I don't know about that.  He's got a great story to tell his kids.  He was only down 10 when he got pinned in the 3rd.  Much better than Nolf's typical opponent.  If you saw the handshake after the match, Todrank was very respectful.

36 minutes ago, backtothemat said:

I don't know about that.  He's got a great story to tell his kids.  He was only down 10 when he got pinned in the 3rd.  Much better than Nolf's typical opponent.  If you saw the handshake after the match, Todrank was very respectful.

Do you really think this guy is going to tell his kids a story about how he was "ONLY down by 10" when he got pinned by Jason Nolf as if that will be his greatest accomplishment? Lol wow, I hope not. The fact of the matter is when you are in a wrestling match, taunting an oppenent is unnecessary, especially when you're losing...

44 minutes ago, BackyardChamp said:

Do you really think this guy is going to tell his kids a story about how he was "ONLY down by 10" when he got pinned by Jason Nolf as if that will be his greatest accomplishment? Lol wow, I hope not. The fact of the matter is when you are in a wrestling match, taunting an oppenent is unnecessary, especially when you're losing...

He did reverse Nolf and he was wrestling up two weight classes, give the kid a break. It was not meant as a taunt, again he was just trying to have fun with the sport (talked to him personally). Also, as someone stated already, he shook hands and was not disrespectful at all.

1 hour ago, Kyle Ayersman said:

He did reverse Nolf and he was wrestling up two weight classes, give the kid a break. It was not meant as a taunt, again he was just trying to have fun with the sport (talked to him personally). Also, as someone stated already, he shook hands and was not disrespectful at all.

what did he say to nolf at the end of the match? 

6 hours ago, BackyardChamp said:

Yeah....   if you subtract "as if that will be his greatest accomplishment" which you conveniently added to further your point.  Nolf will go down as one of college wrestling's all-time best.    I agree that it wasn't necessary, but it shouldn't be off-putting or offensive.  He scored on Jason Nolf and immediately cut him.  Who does that?  He's wrestling up a weight or two (most of his matches this year have been at 141) and got thrown to the wolves because it was more important for Buffalo to send their starter (and a couple others) to the Mat Town II Open to wrestle two matches and MFF out of the tourney, than to send them to compete in a dual at the #1 team in the country.  That's two years in a row Buffalo came to PSU and left a good part of their lineup at home.

And I do think it pissed off Nolf, but can't be sure because I am sure because letting Kyle slip out of the cradle and reverse could have been all he needed to be pissed.  If you go back and look at it, when Nolf got the next quick takedown they butted heads and I think Todrank felt the effect of that.  But I also think he knew his role in that play and acted accordingly without just laying down so Nolf could get a pin in his final match.  

No harm no foul.

Not my greatest wrestling memory but I tell the story of getting booed out of Rec Hall. I was wrestling heavyweight at 205 and lost 6-2 to 2 time AA and MMA fighter Pat Cummins.  I was just trying to survive and stalling a lot. I can still here those boos and that wasn't in their strongest years.😂😂

I'm sure he will one day tell the story because it is a good story. 

The other funny part of that trip was when Greg Schafer and I were in the van together he said "Sisson I liked you when you were wrestling 184 but the minute you started wrestling heavyweight I hated you. I hate all heavyweights!" My feelings would have been hurt if the giant Mt Dew I was drinking and Doritos I was eating at the time didn't taste so good. 

Not anything egregious but Todrank sure looked like a jackass pulling that crap down 10+ points. I don't think I've ever seen a JH, HS, or college wrestler act like a nob when they're down by that much. Personally, I thought it was funny and I admire the stones it takes to showboat like that when you're getting your ass handed to you. 

53 minutes ago, AlaskanMountie said:

Not anything egregious but Todrank sure looked like a jackass pulling that crap down 10+ points. I don't think I've ever seen a JH, HS, or college wrestler act like a nob when they're down by that much. Personally, I thought it was funny and I admire the stones it takes to showboat like that when you're getting your ass handed to you. 

🙄🙄🙄 

I've watched the match a couple times now.  I loved how game he was and that he didn't stall out or lay down.  He was attacking the best wrestler in the country relentlessly and was smart to slow play the escapes (even though he got dinged a couple times for stalling) to avoid the cradles.  He wasn't ever going to win but that didn't stop him from trying like hell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.