The 2019 top semistate was...

grappleapple

It always interests me to see how the semistates stack up to one another. This might have already been covered, but I didn't see it. Here's my breakdown. Each 1st place finisher gets 8 points, 2nd gets 7 and on down to 8th place (8th place earning a point).

Evansville claims this year's top honor. They had a whopping seven champions, four 2nds, four 3rds, five 5ths, four 6ths, two 7ths and four 8ths  for a total of 173 points.

New Castle comes in second with three champions, five 2nds, six 3rds, four 4ths, two 5ths, three 6ths, five 7ths and three 8ths. They had a total of 145 points.

East Chicago is third with 114 total points. They had four champs, four 2nds, two 3rds, two 4ths, four 5ths, four 6ths, one 7th and two 8ths.

New Haven (Ft. Wayne) finished with 72 points. No champions, one 2nd, two 3rds, three 4ths, 5ths and 6ths, six 7ths and five 8ths.

The current down-swing that Delaware county and the Elkhart area is having doesn't help this Semi-State look very nice either, but Allen County and the surrounding area is really where I think there's untapped potential.

I think eventually someone with more time and money than I have will invest in building an Academy up there. Maybe a branch of CIA or Red Cobra perhaps Pride or Contenders, right in between Carroll and Homestead HS. Kind of an untapped market right now. I know CIA is doing some satellite training at Wabash (or at least did last summer), but the major large schools that should be powerhouses is where I would think someone should try to open something. Then you can pull from not just Homestead and Carroll, but also Leo, Belmont, the Ft Wayne City Schools, Garrett, Huntington North, New Haven, and Woodlan just to name a few. If a high level clinician did something there, it'd only be 4-5 years before you'd start to see Ft. Wayne really scrapping again and these numbers would be much closer to the other Semi-States.

There's some promise up in that part of the state. We wrestled New Haven this year and saw both Leo and Huntington North individuals at North Montgomery. All had impressive individuals and are only a few small pieces away from being extremely good teams. It will be interesting to see how things change over the next decade or so. 

1 hour ago, Bear62 said:

I think parents should start moving their kids here if they want an easier ticket to state!

South Adams has open doors for an kid that would love to help boost the strength of our semi state. 

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:55 PM, Thor said:

South Adams has open doors for an kid that would love to help boost the strength of our semi state. 

I think Adams and Wells Counties are in the right direction with the Rivals League Night and then having team dual and individual tournaments to attend as well. Not sure if any of the 6 plus Jay County will ever see the results of some schools since we have 2 to 3 sport athletes and farm kids.

6 hours ago, manchwrestlingdad said:

Classless comment from arrogant stuck on themselves big dogs. 

This dude is a Grade A troll amongst trolls. Look at his post in the last couple months just one idiotic troll after another. @Y2CJ41 can we get him put in the "Cool Kids" with our boy MD92? I am sure that the true EMD fans do not claim this dude.  

On 2/22/2019 at 3:40 PM, Y2CJ41 said:

Let's see the pick'ems based on semi-state!

The brains of the state reside in Fort Wayne! Brains over brawn any day of the week!

I played a part in this. My SS pick'ems scores were terrible. I went with my heart and not my brain on several picks. Lesson learned.

Indiana Tech’s room is also open 2-3 times a week as well. Great chance to work with college wrestlers as well. 8/10 good wrestlers from this side of Fort Wayne have came from that program, and it also offers you a chance to get into a top NAIA program as well. Ridiculous how Fort Wayne kids and Adams County kids don’t attend.

On 2/22/2019 at 1:43 PM, Coach Brobst said:

The current down-swing that Delaware county and the Elkhart area is having doesn't help this Semi-State look very nice either, but Allen County and the surrounding area is really where I think there's untapped potential.

I think eventually someone with more time and money than I have will invest in building an Academy up there. Maybe a branch of CIA or Red Cobra perhaps Pride or Contenders, right in between Carroll and Homestead HS. Kind of an untapped market right now. I know CIA is doing some satellite training at Wabash (or at least did last summer), but the major large schools that should be powerhouses is where I would think someone should try to open something. Then you can pull from not just Homestead and Carroll, but also Leo, Belmont, the Ft Wayne City Schools, Garrett, Huntington North, New Haven, and Woodlan just to name a few. If a high level clinician did something there, it'd only be 4-5 years before you'd start to see Ft. Wayne really scrapping again and these numbers would be much closer to the other Semi-States.

There's some promise up in that part of the state. We wrestled New Haven this year and saw both Leo and Huntington North individuals at North Montgomery. All had impressive individuals and are only a few small pieces away from being extremely good teams. It will be interesting to see how things change over the next decade or so. 

That's the exact reason we started Beast Mode Wrestling Club.  To help build the Northeast area of wrestling.  It has grown tremendously in the last year.  

Fort Wayne shall rise again! We should have a nice bounce back year. Fielden will be ranked number 1 next year. The Railroader is from Y2's Alma Mater so I know this to be true.  Lil Ruble should be a handful. Don't sleep on Heath from Leo. He keeps climbing the Ladder. Mason Winner and Lone will be pushing for state tittles.  Kaden Lone will be one the best Freshman in the state.  Stroud from Manchester will make noise.  My Alma Mater R.Nelson Snider is on the upswing.  Huntington North is as well. There may be 4 ranked heavies from the Fort Wayne Carroll Regional.  Parrish is back.  We still have the Levitzs. Me no worried.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.