Jump to content
Silvertone1696

Thank you AJ Fowler

Recommended Posts

There were several great championship matches aired on FSN Indiana...but the 220 weight class was so satisfying for this region rat. I'm sure Aiken is a good kid but honestly that little injury timeout maneuver was a bit bush league, but clearly within the confines of the rules. He clearly wasn't suffering from any ailment aside from lactic acid build-up. I thought it was poetic justice that Fowler returned from that timeout a new man and on the strength of a sweet freight train blast double he threw Aiken to his back and won the whole darn thing for Coach Wadkins and Black Oak nation! Respect for BBurg and their heavy contingent on here, those boys come to wrestle. Thought the region represented well with Moran, Mendez, and Fowler. Special props to Brennan Cernus for knocking off Cottey as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Silvertone1696 said:

There were several great championship matches aired on FSN Indiana...but the 220 weight class was so satisfying for this region rat. I'm sure Aiken is a good kid but honestly that little injury timeout maneuver was a bit bush league, but clearly within the confines of the rules. He clearly wasn't suffering from any ailment aside from lactic acid build-up. I thought it was poetic justice that Fowler returned from that timeout a new man and on the strength of a sweet freight train blast double he threw Aiken to his back and won the whole darn thing for Coach Wadkins and Black Oak nation! Respect for BBurg and their heavy contingent on here, those boys come to wrestle. Thought the region represented well with Moran, Mendez, and Fowler. Special props to Brennan Cernus for knocking off Cottey as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ‘Staches grow strong in the Oaks. Great match for AJ in the semis and finals. What is better is that he is a great kid from a great family. If you guys ever get a chance to meet a fowler they will be one of the nicest and most respectful kids in the state. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, guillotine said:

Nice stache by Fowler.

Pales in comparison to the coach from North Central.  I could see that from the nose bleed seats.  A lot of effort has gone into that stache.

Back on topic...Fowler was probably one of my favorite matches from the entire weekend.  The last two matches of the tournament were fantastic.  Too bad so many people left early.

Edited by hogleg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hogleg said:

Pales in comparison to the coach from North Central.  I could see that from the nose bleed seats.  A lot of effort has gone into that stache.

Back on topic...Fowler was probably one of my favorite matches from the entire weekend.  The last two matches of the tournament were fantastic.  Too bad so many people left early.

Hopefully FSN Indiana will expand their coverage in light of the ever increasing attendance and participation numbers...i understand covering the entire state championship would probably be a bit much to ask but expanding the coverage to increase at least the semifinals would be desirable. With the blind draw we often have some incredible matches when it comes down to the final four and as mentioned that type of draw often leads to some imbalanced brackets.  I felt like we missed out with semis like @ 126 with Watts v Mendez, Rioux v Curtis...the implications of having a chance to be in the primetime spotlight often lead to some unbelievably inspiring matches worthy of TV.

Edited by Silvertone1696

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

The ‘Staches grow strong in the Oaks. Great match for AJ in the semis and finals. What is better is that he is a great kid from a great family. If you guys ever get a chance to meet a fowler they will be one of the nicest and most respectful kids in the state. 

I've been rockin my 'stache since playing ball at the Black Oak little league! 

AJ thanks man. Watching you wrestle that match being behind i had no doubt in my mind you were ready for the challenge and wouldn't stop till that whistle blew the heart can't be measured or ranked. I knew from my years in the program Coach Wadkins had you ready to go. Props to the Brownsburg team you guys are beast. 

Oh for those who understand SYP!  There will be a handful of guys who know that. 

Love you Coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.