Last Year vs This Years Champs

Thor

Surprised this hasn’t been posted yet. Who you taking? 

106- Moran vs Cernus

113- Curtis vs Moran

120- Watts vs Littell

126- Garcia vs Mendez

132- Rooks vs Garcia

138- Rumph vs Rooks

145- Slivka vs Lee

152- Lee vs Rodgers 

160- South vs Slivka

170- Warren vs South

182- Graber vs Brewer

195- Davison vs Allred

220- Parris vs Fowler

285- Pokorney vs Keys

i got 2019 beating 2018 8-6

Some great matchups. 106. Moran 5-3 113. Moran 8-2. 120. Littell 14-4 puts on a clinic. 126. Hate to say it Mendez 9-2. 132. Garcia 4-2. 138. Rooks 4-3 TB. 145. Lee 10-2. 152. Lee Tech. 160. Slivka 3-2 tb 170. South 7-1. 182. Brewer 5-2 195. Match of the day Allred 6-4. 220. Parris by unfortunate decapitation quick tech. 285. Porkorney by fall. 

11 hours ago, Jayruss said:

Some great matchups. 106. Moran 5-3 113. Moran 8-2. 120. Littell 14-4 puts on a clinic. 126. Hate to say it Mendez 9-2. 132. Garcia 4-2. 138. Rooks 4-3 TB. 145. Lee 10-2. 152. Lee Tech. 160. Slivka 3-2 tb 170. South 7-1. 182. Brewer 5-2 195. Match of the day Allred 6-4. 220. Parris by unfortunate decapitation quick tech. 285. Porkorney by fall. 

I think I agree with these except 160. South beats Slivka 6-2.

On 2/17/2019 at 7:30 PM, Thor said:

Surprised this hasn’t been posted yet. Who you taking? 

106- Moran vs Cernus

113- Curtis vs Moran

120- Watts vs Littell

126- Garcia vs Mendez

132- Rooks vs Garcia

138- Rumph vs Rooks

145- Slivka vs Lee

152- Lee vs Rodgers 

160- South vs Slivka

170- Warren vs South

182- Graber vs Brewer

195- Davison vs Allred

220- Parris vs Fowler

285- Pokorney vs Keys

i got 2019 beating 2018 8-6

Call me biased all you want but I think Noah Warren beats Nick South and by a good amount too. That is if Warren is healthy which he was not last year finals.

Very excited about the direction of wrestling in our state. Here are my uneducated predictions. :)

106- Moran vs Cernus...Moran by fall

113- Curtis vs Moran...Moran by decision 5-0

120- Watts vs Littell...Watts by decision 3-2

126- Garcia vs Mendez...Garcia by decision 7-2

132- Rooks vs Garcia...Garcia by fall

138- Rumph vs Rooks...Rooks by decision 6-5

145- Slivka vs Lee...Slivka by decision 2-1

152- Lee vs Rodgers...Lee by decision 5-1

160- South vs Slivka...Slivka by decision 3-2

170- Warren vs South...South by decision 10-8

182- Graber vs Brewer...Graber by decision 3-1

195- Davison vs Allred...Davison by decision 5-2

220- Parris vs Fowler...Parris by fall

285- Pokorney vs Keys...Pokorney by fall

Edited by sstark

13 hours ago, base said:

Has Asa wrestled Mendez? Let’s make this dream matchup happen Notorious!

Do you want the Show Stopper Notorious side of things or you want TeamGarcia views ? Big Difference of Seriousness here Base . Since I have respect for you on here I’ll give TeamGarcia views . Very, very few don’t get that privilege. 

As most of you know I don’t talk about my kid on here . Since his high school career is over, made some IHSAA Wrestling History along the way, which ... I’m very, very proud of. I’ll talk about him and the wrestlers he’s faced in his short 4 years . I’ll go into Jesse vs. Asa . 

No they haven’t . Don’t really like do what (ifs) but only thing we can look common opponents and results. Jesse and Asa has wrestled together on many teams when they was younger . Jesse & Asa their ages & weights has always been keyed factors .

Only speaking for my son here, Asa hasn’t cut weight in 2 years, he’s wrestled the states best, most noteable and arguably the Toughest weight (126) class in 2018 IHSAA State Finals ever. He's beaten the States Best year after year.

He’s also not perfect wrestler either. He has 12 loses on his career. (10) to in State Wrestlers. (6) of those to the great Ty Mills. Mr. Mills help mold my kid into the wrestler he is today . I miss those battles they had . 

Some interesting facts of his loses he’s comeback and learn from.  Their State accomplishments he’s overcome in his career (Indiana Only in State Finals) 

(6) Ty Mills- 2x Runner Up, 2x 3rd

(2) Murphy- Runner Up

(1) Cayden Rooks- 2x State Champ, Runner Up 

(1) Alex Viduya- State Champ, Runner Up, 4th ? 

Pretty good list of kids there, blessed my kid has wrestled them in his Stellar HS Career . Made him a better wrestler . 

——————————————

2 out of State loses 

Jordan Decatur- 2x State Champ, National Ranked was at the time #1 and National creds is Amazing. 

Mick Burnett- National Ranked #15, National creds is Amazing. 

Do I think Jesse will be a 4x State Champ and go unbeaten  . Yes, he made that 1st step in that direction . Congrats Champ, Great wrestler and will only get better the next 3 years . 

Only wrestler you can (what if’s) if the match happened in their HS Careers 

State Champion Hunter Watts -

Mendez beat him 2x, results Idk off hand . 

Asa beat him all 4x over his career (maybe in season & post season or Summer Wrestling ? IHPO ?) I believe Pin, Tech Fall, Majors. Through their battles. Most recently in Atlantic City in summer 2018. 

Jesse Mendez is going to be a great one, he’s proved that . Hector & I know the formula to making our sons great wrestlers. Everyday, 24/7/365, Eat, Breathe, Sleep, Wrestle . 

My views Jesse vs. Asa 

Freshman (126) Jesse vs. Freshman (106) Asa  .... hmmm weight will play a role in that . Skill looks the same . Both young with a lot of upswing . Same outcome . A Freshman State Champion Only few can say that at any weight. 

Compared-  

(106) Indianamat #8 Asa pins #2 Murphy. 

(126) Indianamat #1 Jesse 6-0 dec. #4 Rioux 

Freshman (126) Jesse vs. Senior (132) Asa ...Maybe it’s Man vs. Boy will show, much like Micic vs. Lee. Skill Asa- I think he has advantage & experience both in State & Nationally right now .

Compared - (132) Indianamat #1 Asa pins #2 Viduya.

Since we’ll never know . We all can speculate. 

Christopher Garcia 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Spelling errors , add a word

29 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Compared - (132) Indianamat #1 Asa pins #2 Viduya.

Hard to know for sure but I believe it could've been a bigger spread than a 6 point victory? It looked like he wanted to cut Rioux and keep going after it but coaches content to pitch the shut out?  

21 minutes ago, BClark said:

Hard to know for sure but I believe it could've been a bigger spread than a 6 point victory? It looked like he wanted to cut Rioux and keep going after it but coaches content to pitch the shut out?  

🚨 Troll Alert 🚨 

Offers NOTHING to conversation but your opinion that is irrelevant, thinks they know what Coaches are thinking .  States ZERO Facts . 

The Notorious 

5 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

🚨 Troll Alert 🚨 

Offers NOTHING to conversation but your opinion that is irrelevant, thinks they know what Coaches are thinking .  States ZERO Facts . 

The Notorious 

I’m think that on the broadcast that you could hear the Crown Point coaches saying something about keeping a shut out. 

45 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Well then .... 

🚨Troll Alert 🚨 

Is still in place cause the (6-0) score was a Fact and your opinions are irrelevant. 

The Notorious

Jesse definitely wanted to cut him.  You clearly see Jesse look at coaches twice and then hear them say stay on top, he does not get a point.  I later asked the coach and they confirmed that they did not want him to give up a point.  I talked to Jesse as well and he wanted to keep working towards bonus points.  

Although Jesse has never wrestled Ty Mills, he did beat Patrick Noonan(Super32) who gave Ty his last high school loss(FloNationals).  

30 minutes ago, Sig40 said:

Jesse definitely wanted to cut him.  You clearly see Jesse look at coaches twice and then hear them say stay on top, he does not get a point.  I later asked the coach and they confirmed that they did not want him to give up a point.  I talked to Jesse as well and he wanted to keep working towards bonus points.  

Although Jesse has never wrestled Ty Mills, he did beat Patrick Noonan(Super32) who gave Ty his last high school loss(FloNationals).  

See .... everyone. A person that brings something to the table. FACTS !

Not your worthless opinion.  

@Sig40 I watched both at Flo & Super 32. Great matches . Not sure if Asa wrestled Noonan to give a outcome. 

There is a Freshman from Virginia that gave Asa a loss in Pennsylvania this Summer . 3-1 TB . Has Jesse ever wrestled this individual ? Last name starts with a V . 

5 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

See .... everyone. A person that brings something to the table. FACTS !

Not your worthless opinion.  

@Sig40 I watched both at Flo & Super 32. Great matches . Not sure if Asa wrestled Noonan to give a outcome. 

There is a Freshman from Virginia that gave Asa a loss in Pennsylvania this Summer . 3-1 TB . Has Jesse ever wrestled this individual ? Last name starts with a V . 

Nic Vafiadis.  Yes, Jesse wrestled him twice.  Jesse beat him for a super32 title and then lost to him two months later.  The Virginia refs hit Jesse with a fleeing the mat call to lose the match when the kid pushed him straight out.  Stall maybe, but fleeing definitely not.  Vafiadis is top notch.

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

Well then .... 

🚨Troll Alert 🚨 

Is still in place cause the (6-0) score was a Fact and your opinions are irrelevant. 

The Notorious

the fact that Jesse wanted to cut him and take him down more isn't an opinion, its a fact?

Wow, so Jesse and Asa have never crossed paths - I thought maybe during a national team practice or something they might have.  I would give the edge to Asa based on experience but it would be a very entertaining match!! 

Great weekend by both young men, congratulations Team Garcia and Sig40!

10 minutes ago, 84headhunter said:

the fact that Jesse wanted to cut him and take him down more isn't an opinion, its a fact?

🚨 Troll Alert 🚨 

look who your chatting to at the bottom. Your opinion here is irrelevant. 

All you can do is like, say thanks, laugh, confused or the other one I forgot . 

The Notorious 

1 minute ago, TeamGarcia said:

🚨 Troll Alert 🚨 

look who your chatting to at the bottom. Your opinion here is irrelevant. 

All you can do is like, say thanks, laugh, confused or the other one I forgot . 

The Notorious 

Or you could stop being a kid about this? no one here is trolling

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.