Impact freshman

ontherise219

Rank/ Name/ Grade/ Projected High School/ Current Weight/ Projected HS Weight

1. Sergio Lemley--8th grade--Chesterton--110--(106)
(1st, 1st, and 5th at Middle School State, 4th at Super32, 4th at FloNationals MS, 4th at Preseason Nationals, 5-0 at GRR MS duals, ISWA triple crown winner, Winter Nationals Champ, 3-2 at Tulsa 2019)

2.  Cheaney Schoeff--8th grade--Plainfield--102–(106)—FLO Rank #90
(1st , 1st, and 2nd at Middle School State, FloNationals MS champ, 3rd at Preseason Nationals, 5th at Ohio TOC, 8-0 at the NHSCA Duals, 8-0 at heartland Duals, 7-0 at NUWAY Nat Duals, 8-2 VAC 2018 & 9-1 VAC 2017, 6-1 at West Pen Duals, NUWAY Nationals Champ, 6-1 at Middle School National duals in 2018 and 2017, multi time ISWA triple crown winner, 3rd and 5th at USA Nationals)

3.  John Purdy--8th grade--Castle--150–(145-160)
(1st, 4th and 6th at Middle School State, Runner Up at Tulsa, 6th at Super32, 8-2 at VAC 2018, USA National Champ, Greco Nationals Runner Up and 4th at Freestyle Nationals, Central Regional champ in both styles,  6-1 at Heartland Duals, Dixie National champ, Indy National Champ, 3X ISWA triple crown winner and 11X champ, 8-1 at AAU duals 2017, and 3rd at Preseason Nationals)

4. Logan Frazier--8th grade--Crown Point—105--(106)—FLO Rank #73
(1st and 5th at Middle School State, Tulsa Kickoff Champ, 6th place at Tulsa 2019, Runner Up at Preseason Nationals, 4-2 at IHPO, 3rd at Reno Worlds, 6th at USA Nationals, Dixie National Champ, Dominate the Dells Champ, Runner Up at GFC, 3X ISWA state champ)

5. Christian Carroll--8th grade--Crown Point/Penn--157--(160-220)—FLO Rank #52
(Super32 Champ, 6-0 at Lee Pamulak MS duals, 6-1 at NUWAY Nat Duals, 5-1 at Sparty Duals, 9-0 VAC 2018 & 8-2 at VAC 20-17, Preseason Nationals Runner-up, 6-0 at Christmas Duals, ISWA triple Crown Winner)

6. Lane Gilbert--8th grade--Sullivan--117–(106-120)
(2X Middle School State Champ, 3-2 at Tulsa, 6-1 at NUWAY Nat Duals, 4-1 NUWAY spring duals, 7-3 at VAC, ISWA triple crown winner, 8-0 Columbus Day Duals)

7.  Bryce Lowery--8th grade--Roncalli--95--(106)
(1st, 1st, 4th, and 5th at Middle School State, 5-3 at Heartland Duals, 5-2 at NUWAY Nat Duals, 4-1 at GRR MS duals, 12-2 between both styles at Schoolboy Duals 2017,  All American at USA Nationals, ISWA Freestyle and Greco state champ)

8. Sam Goin--8th grade--Crown Point—110--(106)
(1st, 3rd, 3rd, and 5th at Middle School State, Ohio TOC Champ, Runner up at GFC MS, 10-0 at VAC 2017, 6-2 at Nat MS duals, SB duals 8-1(FS), 7-1 at Heartland Duals, Midwest Classic Champ, 6-0 Jimtown Duals HS, 3rd, 3rd & 6th at USA Nationals, Indy Nationals Champ, multiple ISWA state champ, 3-2 at Tulsa 2019)

9.  Cody Goodwin--8th grade--Crown Point--145–(132-152)—FLO Rank #24
(1st and 6th at Middle School State, GFC champion, 5th at USA Nationals, 8-0 at Heartland Duals, 9-1 at VAC, Tulsa Champ, Reno Worlds Runner-Up, 6-2 at NHSCA Duals gold pool, 6-1 at Middle School Nat Duals, Winter Nationals Champ, multi time ISWA triple crown winner, Preseason Nationals 2X Runner up and 3rd place, 2X Indy Nationals champ, 2X NUWAY National champ)

10. Aaron Steenbeke--8th grade--Granger--157--(152-160)
(1st and 3rd at Middle School State, 3rd and 4th at USA Nationals, 8-2 at VAC 2018, 7-1 at Nat MS duals, SB duals 6-2(Greco) 7-2(FS), 7th at Super32, 1st and 4th at Freakshow, 4th at USA freestyle Nat and 3rd at Greco Nationals, ISWA triple crown winner, 1st and freestyle and greco central regional)

11. Leighton Jones--8th grade--Brownsburg--195–(220)
(1st and 2nd at Middle School State, Runner up in FS and GR USA Nationals 2017, Super32 Runner Up, Midwest Classic Champ, SB duals 6-2(Greco) 7-2(FS), GGR open 1st, 3rd at USA Nationals, Central Regional champ in FS & GR, multi time ISWA state champ)

12. Seth Willems--8th grade--Crown Point--160--(145-160)
(1st and 3rd at Middle School State, 3rd at Preseason Nationals, 6-2 at Nat MS duals, 5-2 at Heartland Duals, 10-3 at Schoolboy duals between both styles, 9-1 at VAC holiday duals, ISWA triple crown winner)

3 hours ago, MackG said:

Cheaney Schoeff

I second this.  Cheaney is going to make some noise.  A lot of noise.  

It wasn't fun at the time, but my 7th grade son got the "pleasure" of having his 3 man workout group often be him (a beginner), Logan Miller, and Cheaney.  Obviously, he couldn't ask for better partners and he got WAY better...but got way better by having his face smashed into the mat repeatedly.  LOL.  

It was not fun then but was pretty cool for him now watching Logan do his thing this year, and Cheaney will do the same next year.  

Edited by Kookie953

I'd hazard a guess a few programs will contend over the upcoming years [alphabetically] Brownsburg, Cathedral [central Indiana recruitment area], Center Grove, Crown Point, +/- Chesterton  and Penn (if folks stay in Porter County & Granger/Mishawaka, respectively). One unique trivia answer about Brownsburg and Center Grove will be the fact that those kids coming in mostly consist of youth that have grown up in their respective communities -training with their community clubs/middle school teams & local academies. 

This topic is about incoming freshmen (and my son will be part of the Bburg Class of 2023)... but, the incoming sophomore depth for the Dogs is very promising, too! Two current freshmen placed this past weekend and they have classmates that push them everyday...

2 minutes ago, indypharmd said:

I'd hazard a guess a few programs will contend over the upcoming years [alphabetically] Brownsburg, Cathedral [central Indiana recruitment area], Center Grove, Crown Point, +/- Chesterton  and Penn (if folks stay in Porter County & Granger/Mishawaka, respectively). One unique trivia answer about Brownsburg and Center Grove will be the fact that those kids coming in mostly consist of youth that have grown up in their respective communities -training with their community clubs/middle school teams & local academies. 

This topic is about incoming freshmen (and my son will be part of the Bburg Class of 2023)... but, the incoming sophomore depth for the Dogs is very promising, too! Two current freshmen placed this past weekend and they have classmates that push them everyday...

I have heard some pretty high praise of the future 220 comparing him to a former Indiana legend. I never doubt the burg. Coach Snyder and staff know how to maximize talent. 

17 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

Oooo incoming freshman and transfer rumors are better then baseballs hot stove 

I have not heard any rumors . Last I knew Carroll was a Penn Kid , but you listed Crown Point/Penn as his school . So you must of heard/know something?

18 minutes ago, M109R said:

I have not heard any rumors . Last I knew Carroll was a Penn Kid , but you listed Crown Point/Penn as his school . So you must of heard/know something?

Oh ok I just copy and pasted from the youth board. My youth rumors don’t heat up until around iswa 

6 hours ago, indypharmd said:

I always find it interesting that people with no knowledge or association with Cathedral or Roncalli think we have all these kids on our team that didn’t grow up in our middle schools and local programs. 90% of the Cathedral team wrestled Northside CYO. I’d say the percentage is even higher for Roncalli with Southside CYO. It’s what gives us strength in football, girls volleyball, etc. The Rebels and Irish have a ton of hammers coming in for the next couple years from our Catholic grade school teams. 

Other teams like the ones you mention above should be proud of their commitment to the sport and the excellent clubs they have built. But, I wouldn’t call it unique.  

33 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

I always find it interesting that people with no knowledge or association with Cathedral or Roncalli think we have all these kids on our team that didn’t grow up in our middle schools and local programs. 90% of the Cathedral team wrestled Northside CYO. I’d say the percentage is even higher for Roncalli with Southside CYO. It’s what gives us strength in football, girls volleyball, etc. The Rebels and Irish have a ton of hammers coming in for the next couple years from our Catholic grade school teams. 

Other teams like the ones you mention above should be proud of their commitment to the sport and the excellent clubs they have built. But, I wouldn’t call it unique.  

Apples and oranges with argument above,the other schools take kids from something called a “school district.” When “our middle schools” encompass the greater Indianapolis area, there’s a difference, just saying... 👀 👀 👀 

i grew up in Wabash County and wrestled at a small 1A school that fed into the Huntington North sectional and Ft Wayne regional never could get past Tony Roush... A lot of great wrestling in the late 80s and early 90s from that corner of the state!

Really applaud what Jake O’Neill is building in Wabash. But, really glad I’ve lived in the Burg for the last 20 years and been a small part of the local club getting to see Drake, Drew, Logan, Griffin and Thierry and others become the wrestlers they are. Just a small community west of 465 in #thecounty

7 hours ago, indypharmd said:

Chesterton falls under one of the top “Home Grown” programs as well.  We had 2 Sophmore State Placers this year, 2 Sophmores that lost in the SS Ticket round (to eventual State Placers), 2 other soph’s and 1 Freshman SS qualifiers.  We get to look forward to some very skilled “true” freshman that will join the team next year.  All that have come up through the Duneland/Chesterton Wrestling Clubs.   When our sophmore class this year was in 6th grade they finished runner-up at the ISWA Elementary Duals to Avon, knocking off Center Grove and Perry in the process.  Needless to say, Chesterton should have a pretty good day at the Frosh/Soph Championships this weekend.

Indiana Wrestling fans need to understand that next years Freshman class is filled with kids who were held back in Elementary or MS (sometimes more than once).  In most cases these are the Top Ranked kids I have seen in ranking lists.  I understand the motivation to “gray shirt/red shirt” your elite wrestler, but there is something a little more special when a wrestler knows if he’s really a Freshman when he comes to HS (whether or not it comes with success), and EVEN MORE SPECIAL when they are kids who have developed within your elementary programs from the start.  

13 hours ago, indypharmd said:

Apples and oranges with argument above,the other schools take kids from something called a “school district.” When “our middle schools” encompass the greater Indianapolis area, there’s a difference, just saying... 👀 👀 👀 

i grew up in Wabash County and wrestled at a small 1A school that fed into the Huntington North sectional and Ft Wayne regional never could get past Tony Roush... A lot of great wrestling in the late 80s and early 90s from that corner of the state!

Really applaud what Jake O’Neill is building in Wabash. But, really glad I’ve lived in the Burg for the last 20 years and been a small part of the local club getting to see Drake, Drew, Logan, Griffin and Thierry and others become the wrestlers they are. Just a small community west of 465 in #thecounty

Just a small community with 2400+ kids roaming the halls.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.