Sign in to follow this  
DatDudeKP3

0 points allowed in the state tournament

My little brother Sean McMurray did it his senior year 2009-2010. He didn’t give up a takedown or reversal all season. I know there are a few that have done that. 

Edited by RaiderColfax

Fairly certain for 2 years no one earned a point on Andrew Howe. I think the only individuals who scored on him were the ones he cut. Still, in my opinion, the best Indiana wrestler of all time, for now at least. 

0 points is ridiculous.  That is plain stingy.  I knew after watching his semi final match Cottey was going to be in trouble, and that sucked because we were sitting in the Perry section and they have a lot of school spirit/enthusiasm.

There is a difference between not allowing any points and not allowing takedowns or being scored upon.  Both are impressive, but has anyone else outscored their opponents through the whole weekend XXX - 0?  

2 hours ago, SWINfan said:

There is a difference between not allowing any points and not allowing takedowns or being scored upon.  Both are impressive, but has anyone else outscored their opponents through the whole weekend XXX - 0?  

Doug Welch at 152 in 2011.

4-0, 15-0, 6-0, 1-0.

9 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Very Impressive performance by Cernus and Jesse Mendez at State as Freshman . I watched Cernus & Mendez at Tulsa Nationals as 8th graders as well earlier this year and I was like WOW ! Once they said Cernus kid was coming to Indiana, automatically put him in my Top 2 . 

What Cernus did at State as a Freshman by far best 4 matches these eyes have seen technique wise . Won’t be matched maybe for a long time . (Neutral, Top, Bottom) if he’s that good now. Man ... can’t wait for Chapters 2, 3, 4 coming up. 

Loved Jesse speech at State 

“why not face the States best” 

Congrats Champs ! 

Christopher Garcia

Edited by TeamGarcia

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

Loved Jesse speech at State 

“why not face the States best” 

Yeah, I took notice of that statement as well. It got me wondering, is 126 his natural weight or did he cut weight to get there or would 120 be a more natural weight for him?

I suppose it didn't matter much because if he would have wrestled 132 he would have had Garcia, Viduya & others to contend with, while if he went 120 there would have been Littell, Boarman, Bittich & others. No matter where you go there (up or down) you got some stiff competition.

If you look at those 3 weight classes, was one clearer more stacked than the others? I suppose of the 3, 120 only had one former state champ while the other two both had 2 former state champs. But the the former champ at 120 didn't even make the semi's so...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.