Wow

1 hour ago, Terminator59 said:

It was 7-5, slivka gets takedown to tie it up at 7-7. Wash gets injury time then comes back on top and cuts slivka. What's the ruling on this?

It was his 2nd injury time. When a wrestler takes his 2nd injury time his opponent gets his choice of top, bottom, or neutral on the restart.

All of you guys bagging on Washington for gas, injury time etc need to put a sock in it.  He lost the match on the first missed throw, period.  Slivka was always fighting and that is to his credit.  If you listened at all to the broadcast or followed any of Wash's results, you know he cranks out the throws when he thinks they are there.  The guy is multidimensional on his feet.  I have no idea of the deal with injury time, but for all we know, he can be asthmatic and truly needed the time.  Sometimes you have to sacrifice a call to stay in the game.  I just find the insinuation that his 2nd injury call as a strategic decision to be unassuming at best and at least, condemning.  And no, I have never met either wrestler.

Edited by busstogate

On 2/17/2019 at 11:18 AM, busstogate said:

All of you guys bagging on Washington for gas, injury time etc need to put a sock in it.  He lost the match on the first missed throw, period.  Slivka was always fighting and that is to his credit.  If you listened at all to the broadcast or followed any of Wash's results, you know he cranks out the throws when he thinks they are there.  The guy is multidimensional on his feet.  I have no idea of the deal with injury time, but for all we know, he can be asthmatic and truly needed the time.  Sometimes you have to sacrifice a call to stay in the game.  I just find the insinuation that his 2nd injury call as a strategic decision to be unassuming at best and at least, condemning.  And no, I have never met either wrestler.

its apparent he was tired and I never insinuated he a strategic reason for injury time...If you dont think Slivkas Top game helped him win that match then idk what to tell you... when a guy has been getting takedowns non stop on the feet, any time you can turn the match into a mat battle like slivka did it serves many purposes..it helps wear a guy down, keeps them off their feet where he has the advantage and it was a great top game that helped slivka win.. yes he missed that throw and it cost him but don't think for a minute Slivkas top game didn't help bring home the title.. you can't teach heart and Slivka def has heart plus he's been battling a rib injury at least since he beat mahan... Congrats to jordan well done young man. 

On 2/17/2019 at 10:18 AM, busstogate said:

I don't see a single comment where anyone was bagging on Washington regarding being gassed or the injury time. Some made the observation that he was gassed in the 3rd period (which he was BTW), and there is mention of the 2nd injury timeout leading to Slivka getting choice when the match resumed. But I don't see where any of those comments were derogatory. The one derogatory comment about heart was unjust & uncalled for. Washington gave it his all IMO, but Slivka simply had the better match.

I agree that the missed throw was a big deciding factor in the match, but it was ill-advised IMO. As was his decision to go under Slivka. That decision to start the 2nd period was the biggest deciding factor in the match, again IMO.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.