Did not look like Viduya was pinned....

MackG

I’d say it’s debatable with his left shoulder looking like it was above of Garcia chest. But the official has to decided if his scapula was down, which extends further down than top of the shoulder. 

Edited by MattM

3 hours ago, hasbeen130 said:

Referee looked to have the best view in the building.

When I asked “was the ref in position?”... I meant did he see the scapulas on the mat for two seconds?   Which is the rule. 

Watching the video on Track....  :49 cradle is in position the pin was called in and the ref is up on his feet... by the time :48 hits the clock he is smacking the mat.  Assuming he had full view even if he saw it when he was up on his feet, it still couldn’t have been a two count.

And when they release, you can see vidyua’s left shoulder was on top of garcia’s chest. 

This is the type of call that needs to be reviewed, imho

5 hours ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

Shades of when a Bellmont wrestler was ruled to pin himself at Jay County some years back. "Touch" pin was the decision that day.

No such thing as a touch fall in high school.  It’s just that some refs count very very very fast.

5 hours ago, piscis1956 said:

No such thing as a touch fall in high school.  It’s just that some refs count very very very fast.

The "pinned" wrestler ended up on top so it was super fast. May not be a thing but doesn't mean it wasn't called incorrectly then.

10 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

The "pinned" wrestler ended up on top so it was super fast. May not be a thing but doesn't mean it wasn't called incorrectly then.

Was that the time when after the pin call he kicked the side door open and the Deputy grabbed him by the back of the neck and told him to cool his jets?  If so that was a bad call.

18 minutes ago, AdamsCoBuschhh said:

Was that the time when after the pin call he kicked the side door open and the Deputy grabbed him by the back of the neck and told him to cool his jets?  If so that was a bad call.

Thinking so, but I've saw so many different instances in different sports & ages I could easily mix one up for another at this point.

14 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

That ref has been around forever and does a great job. Anyone that knows him knows you don’t go to your back when he refs. He calls it when he sees it and he is very consistent.

I don’t know the ref.  Do you mean he calls the pin as soon as the scapulae touch or he calls it when he sees the scapulae pinned for two seconds continuously?  Consistency is great if he is consistently correct but not so good if he is consistently wrong.

Edited by piscis1956
Typo

12 minutes ago, piscis1956 said:

I don’t know the ref.  Do you mean he calls the pin as soon as the scapulae touch or he calls it when he sees the scapulae pinned for two seconds continuously?  Consistency is great if he is consistently correct but not so good if he is consistently wrong.

Meaning he gets in position to make the call quickly.  Not sure if he uses 1,2 pin or 1 one thousand 2 one thousand. He will tell you if don’t want to be called pin don’t go to your back.

27 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

Meaning he gets in position to make the call quickly.  Not sure if he uses 1,2 pin or 1 one thousand 2 one thousand. He will tell you if don’t want to be called pin don’t go to your back.

Again, I don’t know the ref or how he calls pins.  But to be blunt, if any ref calls a pin in high school without waiting for two full continuous seconds, then he is, quite frankly, breaking the rules he is being paid to enforce.  Consistently wrong is still wrong.

I saw video, and he looked pinned. I now the guys in the upper sections have good eyes, but you cant complain.    I agree it was kind of quick,  not a full two seconds.   But,  the timing of pins is like a strike zone,  Its very common to have refs call it that quick.   Nobody complains about It all season,  so why complain now.  Im sure Viduya has benefited from quick pins in his career.  Garcia got him on his back,  its done.