Replay Debate

TeamGarcia

22 hours ago, Galagore said:

Don't like the idea of high school replay. One of the reasons I want kids that I care about to participate in sports is learning the lesson that sometimes it just isn't fair. Bad calls get made against you. It's a tough lesson to learn, but sports is a great vehicle for learning it.

There are plenty of lessons to be learned during the regular season and post season leading up to the state finals. These kids and coaches put in way too much time and effort to leave leave the results of a state championship match up to a subjective call at real time speed.

I appreciate the effort the officials put in and I understand that they are doing the best they can do under the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, tigroscr said:

What if you have replay officials watching matches and they can make a decision in between periods. That way you have less down time. 

Can't do it in between periods because that would potentially alter the rest of how that period played out.  You would have to stop the action as soon as possible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.