160- Ruble vs. Asbury 

170- Calhoun vs. Blaubaugh 

170- South vs. Walker 🔥🔥🔥

182- Bellemy vs. Winner 🔥

182- Morgan vs. Donahue 

285- Keys vs. Penn kid long name 🔥

🔥- matches I be tuned into the most . 

Edited by TeamGarcia

There are a lot of great ones.....   One I am curious about is at 145 Matt Lee vs. Terrell Leavell.  He looked good tonight and obviously beat Hall last week.  Lee has answered all questions so far this year, but some matches have certainly been close.  Would love to hear the thoughts of those that have seen Leavell multiple times this year.

Others you didn't mention that intrigue me on some level.  

@145 Jonathan Kervin vs. Alex Mosconi - On the surface, Mosconi should be heavily favored, but after seeing Lee dismantle Kervin twice, Jonathan has kept beating everyone else. 

@106 - Can Stephen Roberson challenge Cottey?  Cottey won 7-2 earlier this season  Can he close the gap?

@106 - Alec Freeman vs. Malik Hall - Expect Freeman to win, but no gimme for sure.  Freeman won 3-2 at Frosh/Soph State but seemed to control the match as much as you can in a 1 pt affair.

@160 - Jordan Slivka vs. Robert Deters - Like most Slivka matches, I expect a close one.  Can Slivka control it and pull it out in his normal fashion.  Deters is no easy win.

Edited by SWINfan

6 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

There are a lot of great ones.....   One I am curious about is at 145 Matt Lee vs. Terrell Leavell.  He looked good tonight and obviously beat Hall last week.  Lee has answered all questions so far this year, but some matches have certainly been close.  Would love to hear the thoughts of those that have seen Leavell multiple times this year.

Lee is having a great year.  I've watched Leavell a few times now and he will pin you in a heartbeat.  Should be a good one. 

8 hours ago, SWINfan said:

@106 - Can Stephen Roberson challenge Cottey?  Cottey won 7-2 earlier this season  Can he close the gap?

Roberson is wrestling awesome right now. This one is going to be interesting. I remember seeing Roberson against cottey last year at the harvest and got stuck, then this year he closed the gap to a 7-2 loss. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was a little closer or if he pulled it off. And nothing against cottey either because he is wrestling awesome as well, I just haven’t seen as much of him as I have of Roberson. Gonna be a great Saturday! 

36 minutes ago, LionsFan said:

Cernus looked tough! Is an actual Indiana guy?

Ohio along with their other two big name freshman.

Here is a link to Culver’s current roster. It’s a pretty solid school so they are able to pull some kids from all over the Midwest (and a few other far off places) who want a military style boarding school experience.

https://www.culver.org/athletics/team-pages/wrestling

Edited by MattM

2 hours ago, MattM said:

Ohio along with their other two big name freshman.

Here is a link to Culver’s current roster. It’s a pretty solid school so they are able to pull some kids from all over the Midwest (and a few other far off places) who want a military style boarding school experience.

https://www.culver.org/athletics/team-pages/wrestling

And this is why it's ridiculous that they get to compete in the IHSAA State Finals.  Nothing against these kids, or really against Culver as they don't make the rules, but how they do it in most other states is how it should be done.  

If you're not a public school designated by a geographical area, then you get your own tournament.

And honestly I don't know what the difference is between Culver and La Lumiere as far as how they are set up (obviously they are much different schools...I just mean in how they are classified).  They are a live-in school that draws kids from across the nation and world.  La Lumiere is not allowed to compete for a basketball state championship, probably because basketball fans would lose their minds to have their kids playing a team recruited from all over. 

And yes, I'm throwing some stones at the rest of the parochials with my 2nd paragraph.  I now live in Texas.  They do it right...if you're a private school you get your own league and your own tournament.  Simply because it's 2 different sets of rules.

2 minutes ago, Loki27 said:

I believe La Lumiere chooses not to be associated with the IHSAA so they are free to travel and play a national schedule 

Thanks for the clarification.  Makes sense.  

Side note...the 300 mile rule the IHSAA refuses to come off of is really dumb too.  LOL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.