Laplace vs Brewer Friday night

Penn04

1 hour ago, UncleJimmy said:

I'm a huge WAYL2 kinda guy.....Laplace lost to Alex Facundo 5-3 back in Oct...I believe Facundo is now 3rd in the US at 160. Anything can happen but I would be surprised if Laplace is majored.

Facundo won WNO and is one of the most explosive wrestlers in the country. Didn’t realize their final was 5-3. Wow

8 minutes ago, piscis1956 said:

Interesting.  I thought that in UTB the top position man was awarded a point in he managed to prevent his opponent from escaping.

That is correct, technically there is a point added in the UTB if you ride your opponent out.

8 hours ago, UncleJimmy said:

I'm a huge WAYL2 kinda guy.....Laplace lost to Alex Facundo 5-3 back in Oct...I believe Facundo is now 3rd in the US at 160. Anything can happen but I would be surprised if Laplace is majored.

Facundo is the #8 P4P ranked wrestler in the country on Flo. If Laplace can hang with him I don’t see him getting majored. This is going to come down to the wire IMHO

5 hours ago, FWwrestling1996 said:

Facundo is the #8 P4P ranked wrestler in the country on Flo. If Laplace can hang with him I don’t see him getting majored. This is going to come down to the wire IMHO

Yeah will get decided by a takedown. As I said before one person was excited to get word he was in the state tournament and the other may have not been so happy to see the switch that took place. 

46 minutes ago, Cosgrove said:

Yeah will get decided by a takedown. As I said before one person was excited to get word he was in the state tournament and the other may have not been so happy to see the switch that took place. 

no offense but If I was a betting man Carson could care less who's in his way. he knows regardless to win it all he's gotta beat the best so if anything it might have got him even more hype if that is even possible..a top 15  nationally ranked 182 pounder is a whole different screen so l scenario than a nationally ranked 160 stud..Ppl also thought he would be tested in the finals of SS and he wasn't. 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

2 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

no offense but If I was a betting man Carson could care less who's in his way. he knows regardless to win it all he's gotta beat the best so if anything it might have got him even more hype if that is even possible..a top 15  nationally ranked 182 pounder is a whole different screen so l scenario than a nationally ranked 160 stud..Ppl also thought he would be tested in the finals of SS and he wasn't. 

P4P 8th in the nation is a whole different scenario then a 14th ranked guy in a weight class. It should be a very competitive match. Laplace isnt a typical alternate and was ranked 2 in the state for a reason.

5 hours ago, NICfan said:

P4P 8th in the nation is a whole different scenario then a 14th ranked guy in a weight class. It should be a very competitive match. Laplace isnt a typical alternate and was ranked 2 in the state for a reason.

Can we get a love button for this man?! 

what a great opportunity for laplace... and wasn't brewer on a similar roll last year? until he got to elijah mahan on friday night?? is it just a coincidence that laplace has a similar style to mahan?? just sayin... its gonna be a real interesting match up... i don't see a major either.

7 hours ago, NICfan said:

160 and 182 are totally different.. i'm not hating on laplace i'm just saying using a 160 pounder as a indicator for what a 182 monster is capable of is Apple's to oranges.. There's weight classes for reasons and idc if he was p4p #1, 22 pounds of muscle and technique on a nationally ranked guy @182 is way different than wrestling a  great 160 pounder.. since we are using wrestling math Brewer teched Bates over the summer and Bates beat laplace...I'm not questioning laplace skills I'm questioning The logic in comparing  results vs a 160 and possible outcome vs a Nationally ranked 182.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

24 minutes ago, MCKAJC said:

what a great opportunity for laplace... and wasn't brewer on a similar roll last year? until he got to elijah mahan on friday night?? is it just a coincidence that laplace has a similar style to mahan?? just sayin... its gonna be a real interesting match up... i don't see a major either.

mahan is a funky scrambling machine I know that much...

25 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

160 and 182 are totally different.. i'm not hating on laplace i'm just saying using a 160 pounder as a indicator for what a 182 monster is capable of is Apple's to oranges.. There's weight classes for reasons and idc if he was p4p #1, 22 pounds of muscle and technique on a nationally ranked guy @182 is way different than wrestling a  great 160 pounder.. since we are using wrestling math Brewer teched Bates over the summer and Bates beat laplace...I'm not questioning laplace skills I'm questioning The logic in comparing  results vs a 160 and possible outcome vs a Nationally ranked 182.

Oh, FC.....since we can't compare results of a (top 3 nationally ranked) 160 to a 182 pounder, why are you able to then compare results of a FREESTYLE tech to a FOLKSTYLE state match? Be consistent, bro...So I guess if the logic in comparing 160 to 182 can be questioned, then Freestyle results to Folkstyle can certainly be questioned as well?  Would you concur with that thesis?

And I'm not hating on @Mattyb , he knows who I am, so I can debate him! I have no idea who will win, but again, I'd be surprised by a major decision.

Edited by UncleJimmy

15 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Give me Alex Facundo freestyle world bronze medalist and Mi state champ with a head to head win over Cam Amine in the finals, Over IN SQ Carson Brewer any day any weight. No offense 

3 minutes ago, FWwrestling1996 said:

Give me Alex Facundo freestyle world bronze medalist and Mi state champ with a head to head win over Cam Amine in the finals, Over IN SQ Carson Brewer any day any weight. No offense 

again what does a 160 pounder have to do with 182? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.