Fantasy Wrestling State Finals

"MAT"-lab_R2017a

Information

Here is a little side project I've been working on. I've done it in previous years with just some friends and family, but this year I decided to open it up to anyone. The idea is pretty simple. You're given a certain amount of "money" and you are then able to "buy" one wrestler in each weight class. Everything was based off of the Indiana mat brackets with rankings. The accuracy of the pricing is only as accurate as the rankings provided. The winner may receive a small prize, but no guarantees.  If you have any questions or concerns please let me know. (Especially if there are major mistakes and/or problems)

Pricing:

The pricing of wrestlers was determined by a Monte Carlo simulation of the entire tournament that was ran 1,000,000 times per weight class. The price is based on the average placement of the wrestler, causing some interesting outcomes. To be honest, this was probably overkill, but I enjoyed it. If people are interested, I can post more later about this simulation and elaborate a little more. 

LINK

P.S. The form will close on Friday Night at exactly 6 PM

Update:  I just became aware of the change in the 138 bracket. It should not make an insane change to most things. I don't have time to run the simulation for the new bracket, so I will add M. White with an estimated price based on a wrestler from another weight in a similar situation and remove Schoeff. This is the best I can do as to not change too many prices for 138. Just an FYI, you can edit your submission until 6 PM on Friday

11 minutes ago, Chapdaddy said:

Man, that's tough keeping it under salary cap.  Had to waive a lot of kids I'll be cheering for this weekend. 

Thanks for putting this together!

Yes that $2250 cap definitely made things interesting.  Picked everyone that I wanted and was$1100 over and had to make some serious cuts. 

Thanks "MAT"-lab

26 minutes ago, RaiderColfax said:

Wow. That was uhhh interesting and fun! Tried picking my “locks” first ended up with 3 of the 6 lol I’m screwed

Go with value picks first. Pick the cheap ones that you think will place, maybe not high, but still place, and if you have money leftover go back through the weights and change some to confidence picks.

1 minute ago, Caleb Spires said:

Go with value picks first. Pick the cheap ones that you think will place, maybe not high, but still place, and if you have money leftover go back through the weights and change some to confidence picks.

I did the opposite, I picked my champs then went down the line subtracting by placement. Both should work well...I think. @Caleb Spires you probably have a better idea at picking these kinds of things. lol

3 minutes ago, brickfor6 said:

I did the opposite, I picked my champs then went down the line subtracting by placement. Both should work well...I think. @Caleb Spires you probably have a better idea at picking these kinds of things. lol

I could be way off haha. I’ve never done anything like this. Really cool idea.

Can’t be a “homer” on this . @MD92 or his alter ego troll same IP address  @PhillyFanMD CAN NOT play this . Can’t play cause they have to pick someone other than MD . 😂

The Notorious 

*For @TeamGarcia & @3xStateChamp can play cause he’s going to pick all Columbus East cause of there school colors . Probably win to . 😂

2 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Can’t be a “homer” on this . @MD92 or his alter ego troll same IP address  @PhillyFanMD CAN NOT play this . Can’t play cause they have to pick someone other than MD . 😂

The Notorious 

*For @TeamGarcia & @3xStateChamp can play cause he’s going to pick all Columbus East cause of there school colors . Probably win to . 😂

Do I have to rent space in your head or am I living there for free?

57 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

Ok...I get it now...this is all just a ruse so @Mattyb will have full knowledge who EVERY IndyMat handle/user actually is since you gotta list your full name and handle at the end!!!! Now it makes sense. Just kidding...I'm in. Thanks for the effort.

NOTE: none of that info (other than team name) is required. If you win, I will only list Indianamat username. If there is no indianamat username, I may use first name (maybe last initial) so people can Identify if they have won. If there is only team name, I can only list team name, obviously. 

"your information is safe with me" ~ Mark Zuckerberg (probably)

16 hours ago, "MAT"-lab_R2017a said:

Update:  I just became aware of the change in the 138 bracket. It should not make an insane change to most things. I don't have time to run the simulation for the new bracket, so I will add M. White with an estimated price based on a wrestler from another weight in a similar situation and remove Schoeff. This is the best I can do as to not change too many prices for 138. Just an FYI, you can edit your submission until 6 PM on Friday

How does someone edit (or even see) their picks that have been submitted?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.