I-69 Potholes

littlevito

2 hours ago, littlevito said:

Those traveling south on I-69 on Friday may want to find a different path once they get close to Anderson, or give themselves extra time. Heard from a person today that it took them an hour and 20 minutes to get through about 15 miles of roadway.

Ever tried 40 or use 70?

14 minutes ago, exactly126 said:

US 40 and/or I70 are good options.  I would suggest going west on US 30 to Merrillville.  Hang a left on I65 , straight to Bankers Life.  This is the best route to avoid all those potholes.

If I was going to cut across on US 30, then I would catch US 31 in Plymouth and take it down to Indy.

1 hour ago, exactly126 said:

Maybe to the average traveler 31 is an option.  However, the interchange from US30 can be very confusing.  Avoid the construction and confusion, go via Merrillville.

Wait.  Are you saying instead of going I-69 from the NE side of Indiana to Indy, someone should instead drive across to the NW side of the state and then down I-65?  Wouldn't that add at least 1 to 1-1/2 hours?

1 hour ago, exactly126 said:

It might add some travel time.  I'm not sure how much time, it would take to fix a broken axle.  My moto is safety first.  As Littlevito said allow for extra driving time.

Do you own a restaurant and/or gas station on that route and this is a nifty marketing plan?

No, I'm just a concerned wrestling fan.  However I have heard from many people, that a higher than normal traffic flow on I65 is expected, due to the pothole situation.  I have taken the precaution of booking 3 spots in the express lane for 2:30 Friday.  If anyone wants to get ahead of the certain traffic jam,  book now.

Traffic from Steuben county was pretty good today.  We jumped on the road at 930, arrived at the hotel at 12.  No pot hole issues and traffic only slowed a little bit north of indy.  Maybe worse now,  but was easy to navigate this morning.  Northbound traffic was backed up and moving slow though. Safe travels.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.