State brackets on track changed!

Mattyb

The brackets on Track match up Evansville vs. New Castle and East Chicago vs. Ft. Wayne in all 14 weight classes.  On the show, they broke down differently, which is the same way it has been done at least the previous years. 

On the show...

It was Evansville vs. New Castle 6x, Ft. Wayne 4x and East Chicago 4x. 

3 minutes ago, wchew20 said:

This happen at state a lot?

Once, but that was before the IHSAA had an official show.  In the previous instance, the brackets were apparently released to some at one of the Semi-States (the formula, not the brackets) and it landed here.  I believe it was the next day the IHSAA came out with revised brackets.  Not sure if there was ever an explanation from the IHSAA.  Someone please correct me if the details are off in any way.

3 minutes ago, Amsimone said:

It appears there is an error. 
Looks like they matched up EV and NC across the board. Totally incorrect! I would assume it will be correctly shortly. 

On top of that, the order of the matches changed in some of the weight classes.  For example, at 120, the only change was the Boarman - Stewart match was moved to the bottom quadrant and Eldred - Montgomery was moved where Boarman was.  This puts Boarman - Bettich on a path at the semifinals, not Saturday morning.  I saw 152 changed in a similar way... not sure about the others.  I do know that 106 is exactly the same

I wonder why New Castle and Evansville has gotten paired up in 6 weight classes (the others 4 each) the past 5 years in a row?  When that happens, it pairs the #1 at NC and #1 at Evansville in the semifinals.  I understand the formula doesn't know who the wrestlers are, but you think there would be some more randomness to it.  

Just now, SWINfan said:

I wonder why New Castle and Evansville has gotten paired up in 6 weight classes (the others 4 each) the past 5 years in a row?  When that happens, it pairs the #1 at NC and #1 at Evansville in the semifinals.  I understand the formula doesn't know who the wrestlers are, but you think there would be some more randomness to it.  

There are 12 different bracket possibilities, the IHSAA only uses 7 of them and uses them twice. So thus there will not be an even distribution of the first round pairings.

1 minute ago, Y2CJ41 said:

There are 12 different bracket possibilities, the IHSAA only uses 7 of them and uses them twice. So thus there will not be an even distribution of the first round pairings.

I get it is 6-4-4, but why the same 6-4-4 five years in a row?

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

Welp.... @Mattyb got his 15 mins of Fame breaking this story for #TheCountyTMZ. 

#Fakenews 

The Notorious 

*i was not informed to break this story , neither was @UncleJimmy

Hey.... that 15 minutes got me the second most points on the all-time leader board. I will take my IndianaMattyb HOF jacket at this time. 

So let me get this straight.  The IHSAA tells track to hold off several days on releasing the Sectional, Regional, and Semi-State brackets with the only rational anyone mention was to “ensure the brackets were setup right”.  But then they OK the release of the state brackets much earlier, only to have them all messed up.   And that is even after they had the template from the online show to quickly compare them too before releasing them.  You have got to be kidding me. 

Edited by MattM

6 minutes ago, MattM said:

So let me get this straight.  The IHSAA tells track to hold off several days on releasing the Regional and Semi-State brackets to “ensure they are done right”.  But then they OK the release of the state brackets much earlier, but have them all messed up.   And that is even after they had the template from the online show to quickly compare them too before releasing them.  You have got to be kidding me.  

TrackGopher where’yat?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.