hook and half

3 hours ago, hook and half said:

Listening to Ironhead is a thing of beauty.  Here are some crucial junctures:

46:38- Roman Bravo-Young

56:00- Nick Lee

2:09:20- Bo Nickal

Enjoy.

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Archive=4414&type=Archive

I’d rather listen to him on radio and not watch vs. watching and listening to some of these lame student called Big10 broadcasts. 

2 minutes ago, backtothemat said:

I’d rather listen to him on radio and not watch vs. watching and listening to some of these lame student called Big10 broadcasts. 

Really wish they would pair these student teams up with at least a nearby person with good knowledge of the sport they are covering   That person could could help the broadcasters improve their knowledge of both that sports technique and the way to present that sports information to the audience.  I don’t need min. By min.  play by play for every move made when I can see it. Especially when they call it the wrong move.   In some cases less is more.  The brought in “expert” can give some info on the key positions and techniques.  One of the students can add additional comments and even some led in questions to further the discussion.  The other student can provide the background details of the person and their accomplishments in the sport during the down times in a match.  Maybe it doesn’t work out every  time but it think especially at the start of the you would want someone that’s knowledgeable in the sport to be these kids mentor as they start to learn how to present these lesser known sports to the audience.  

4 hours ago, MattM said:

Really wish they would pair these student teams up with at least a nearby person with good knowledge of the sport they are covering   That person could could help the broadcasters improve their knowledge of both that sports technique and the way to present that sports information to the audience.  I don’t need min. By min.  play by play for every move made when I can see it. Especially when they call it the wrong move.   In some cases less is more.  The brought in “expert” can give some info on the key positions and techniques.  One of the students can add additional comments and even some led in questions to further the discussion.  The other student can provide the background details of the person and their accomplishments in the sport during the down times in a match.  Maybe it doesn’t work out every  time but it think especially at the start of the you would want someone that’s knowledgeable in the sport to be these kids mentor as they start to learn how to present these lesser known sports to the audience.  

That would be better.  There is video on YouTube that I can't seem to find from a Nebraska Student U broadcast a few years ago against Penn State that is absolutely hilarious.  Unless of course, you are looking for a high quality broadcast.  Unfortunately, I can't remember which year and can't find the video.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.