State Champions

H.B.

Now that the pairings have been revealed, these are the titans I believe will complete their mission in Bankers Life this weekend with the exception of 152, 170, and 220, with those being the hardest weights to pick from.

106 - Cottey

113 - Seltzer

120 - Littell

126 - Mendez

132 - Viduya

138 - Rooks

145 - Lee

152 - Noehre

160 - Washington 

170 - South/Mahan

182 - Brewer

195 - Allred

220 - Bolte/Webster/Irick

285 - Watts

While 220 is the most wide open weight class and should be fun to watch, 152 is absolutely brutal and whoever makes it from that bottom half to the finals will truly earn it. Also, at 170, I expect to see Calhoun from Plymouth in the finals, but that bottom half featuring South, Walker, and Mahan is vicious. I believe South only beat Walker by a point at Al Smith and Mahan has been wrestling lights out. Whoever emerges here will know they earned it.

Team Champions

Cathedral - It’s going to take everyone, but they can do it. If Walendzak can catch fire and put together another performance reminiscent of his semi-state run, I would imagine the Irish take it with a potential five finalists.

Champions by Semi-State

East Chicago - 2

Evansville - 4 (6?)

Fort Wayne - 0

New Castle - 6 (8?)

1 hour ago, IrishBrother630 said:

While Noehre is tough Dickens has been unstoppable so far this season and his motor is crazy. Makes it hard for me seeing Noehre in the finals Saturday night. If I had to guess at a finals match up it would be either Dickens vs Rodgers, or Dickens vs Conley.

I know it was in different styles, but Noehre beat Dickens twice over the summer, should be a very entertaining matchup

14 minutes ago, Branden McKinney said:

I know it was in different styles, but Noehre beat Dickens twice over the summer, should be a very entertaining matchup

100% agree 152 is going to be one of the most entertaining weight classes especially with Brayton Lee gone creating a huge pool of unrecognized talent.

2 hours ago, H.B. said:

Now that the pairings have been revealed, these are the titans I believe will complete their mission in Bankers Life this weekend with the exception of 152, 170, and 220, with those being the hardest weights to pick from.

106 - Cottey

113 - Seltzer

120 - Littell

126 - Mendez

132 - Viduya

138 - Rooks

145 - Lee

152 - Noehre

160 - Washington 

170 - South/Mahan

182 - Brewer

195 - Allred

220 - Bolte/Webster/Irick

285 - Watts

While 220 is the most wide open weight class and should be fun to watch, 152 is absolutely brutal and whoever makes it from that bottom half to the finals will truly earn it. Also, at 170, I expect to see Calhoun from Plymouth in the finals, but that bottom half featuring South, Walker, and Mahan is vicious. I believe South only beat Walker by a point at Al Smith and Mahan has been wrestling lights out. Whoever emerges here will know they earned it.

Team Champions

Cathedral - It’s going to take everyone, but they can do it. If Walendzak can catch fire and put together another performance reminiscent of his semi-state run, I would imagine the Irish take it with a potential five finalists.

Champions by Semi-State

East Chicago - 2

Evansville - 4 (6?)

Fort Wayne - 0

New Castle - 6 (8?)

Viduya over Garcia? It’s going to be a tough one

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.