Sign in to follow this  
base

Most Falls - Season

Curious as to who has scored the most falls in the state this year - Let's hear some numbers!

Is there a state record that anyone knows of? I would guess Mason Parris from last couple of seasons put up some huge numbers - unless he possibly received a lot of forfeits from opponents calling in sick that day 😀

Pretty Angel Escobedo still has the record, have to check my files.

37 minutes ago, base said:

Curious as to who has scored the most falls in the state this year - Let's hear some numbers!

Is there a state record that anyone knows of? I would guess Mason Parris from last couple of seasons put up some huge numbers - unless he possibly received a lot of forfeits from opponents calling in sick that day 😀

It likely would have happened during the "juiced" match era with someone like Angel Escobedo....

28 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

It likely would have happened during the "juiced" match era with someone like Angel Escobedo....

True.  But that also seemed to be the era of takedown, cut, repeat infinitely.  But surely at least one elite stud (like Angel?) who  wasn’t following that M.O.

If you would like to better compare era’s you could also look at pin % based on the total number of matches wrestled.  This would help a little with comparing stats when you are dealing with a large match differential. 

not sure of the # but Keys of Brownsburg would have to be a front runner.  Kid pins every time I look over at the mat !!!

That's #BigD right there !!!    #PainTrain

I still remember seeing some wrestlers coming into state finals in the early 2000's with 50,55 plus matches. I thought our almost 25+ was a lot, then see these guys with twice as many matches.

Edited by sslaymon

1 hour ago, ontherise219 said:

Big don gave it a run last year calling @Wrestling Scholar

Donnie Crider was like a good fisherman, when he had an opponent on the hook, he didn't let them get away.   I roughly remember a number at 164 Pins  for his career.     Harrison wrestled  a lot of super duals and he had over 50 matches every year maybe exception of his freshman year.   Is that the record?

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

19 minutes ago, MattM said:

If you would like to better compare era’s you could also look at pin % based on the total number of matches wrestled.  This would help a little with comparing stats when you are dealing with a large match differential. 

I think Ellis pinned somewhere around 86% of his opponents over his career.  I don't believe you'll find a higher career %.

I think Radnovich may have pinned everybody he wrestled his sr year.

On 2/11/2019 at 10:20 AM, Y2CJ41 said:

I'm new to this. What does "juiced" match era refer to?

19 minutes ago, wrestlenewbie said:

I'm new to this. What does "juiced" match era refer to?

When they were wrestling 60 matches in a season

Escobedo in 2002-03 record was 61-0

Going through stats book:

Career pin leaders at Prairie Heights:

Doug Levitz- 136 pins in 165 wins

Jed Levitz- 133 pins in 178 wins

Travis Barroquillo- 125 pins in 189 wins

Season pin leaders at Prairie Heights:

Travis Barroquillo 41 pins in 55 wins

Joey Blakeley 41 pins in 46 wins

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.