2019 IHSAA Finals - Team points race

base

If we have a tied team state title, I’m guessing we will hear about the round 1 scoring, or lack there of, even more.  Not sure I want the controversy, but would like the shake up if it means the IHSWCA pushes to gr the correct scoring system in place. 

Edited by MattM

2 minutes ago, MattM said:

If we have a tied team state title, I’m guessing we will hear about the round 1 scoring even more.  Not sure I want the controversy, but would like the shake up if it means the IHSWCA pushes to gr the correct scoring system in place. 

If anything, there needs to be the same scoring system consistently year to year.  It should be printed and public for all to see.  But the lack of first round scoring is ludicrous.  Not sure how things might be different if the first round was scored.  Haven't looked back

Big win by Slivka!  Proved me wrong.  Washington looked like he got a little comfortable after getting a lead, expecting things to continue his way.  Slivka had other ideas!  So much for worrying about whether Brewer can win by fall.  Congrats to Cathedral for getting it done!

55 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Big win by Slivka!  Proved me wrong.  Washington looked like he got a little comfortable after getting a lead, expecting things to continue his way.  Slivka had other ideas!  So much for worrying about whether Brewer can win by fall.  Congrats to Cathedral for getting it done!

Just wondering if Washington was aware of the rule while calling that “injury” time out-to catch his breath. That was costly. 

1 minute ago, 1prouddad said:

Just wondering if Washington was aware of the rule while calling that “injury” time out-to catch his breath. That was costly. 

It didn't help in one sense.  In another, the result may have been the same without the break.  Hard to say.  But it certainly appeared the call for injury time was a "lunger".  

3 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

I would hope he would.  It’s not his first rodeo.  Exhaustion causes you to not think clearly.  Agree it was costly.  

2 minutes ago, MattM said:

I would hope he would.  It’s not his first rodeo.  Exhaustion causes you to not think clearly.  Agree it was costly.  

That was my thinking. Not saying he doesn’t know the rules, but as you said exhaustion could’ve and probably did play a key role. You could see the pain in his eyes while on the podium 

1 hour ago, base said:

Would be really nice if IHSAA would

1. Determine team scoring rules
  2. Publish team scoring rules
  3. Stick to the rules

Sorry if posted elsewhere, but has anyone done the math of what the team scores would have been with previous year's rules?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.