2019 IHSAA Finals - Team points race

base

17 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Help me understand this using Cathedral as an example.  As of right now, Zeke Seltzer is showing 16 points earned.  His guaranteed place is 2nd.  For this example, let's say he finishes 2nd.  In that case, is he done scoring at 16?  It lists advancement points as 4.  Are those for the two wins today?  Are there no points awarded for Friday night? 

Lukasz Walendzak has 1 point, for a guaranteed 8th place.  It shows no advancement points.  So if he loses is he done at 1 point?  If he wins does he get two more and end at 3 for finishing 7th?  

The points don't seem to be matching the scale above.  Is there something I am missing?

Just trying to understand what points have been awarded and what's left to earn.  Only using Cathedral as an example because they are on top according to TW.

And how does Masconi have 19 points with 1 fall 1 major and 1 reg. dec while Slivka only has 18 points with 2 falls and a dec?  I’m just trying to figure our the scoring as well.

15 minutes ago, Loki27 said:

And how does Masconi have 19 points with 1 fall 1 major and 1 reg. dec while Slivka only has 18 points with 2 falls and a dec?  I’m just trying to figure our the scoring as well.

Mosconi = Major and Fall
Slivka - Decision and Fall

Friday night not scored as evidenced by Walendzak having one point for a guaranteed 8th place, but no advancement points.

46 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Help me understand this using Cathedral as an example.  As of right now, Zeke Seltzer is showing 16 points earned.  His guaranteed place is 2nd.  For this example, let's say he finishes 2nd.  In that case, is he done scoring at 16?  It lists advancement points as 4.  Are those for the two wins today?  Are there no points awarded for Friday night? 

Lukasz Walendzak has 1 point, for a guaranteed 8th place.  It shows no advancement points.  So if he loses is he done at 1 point?  If he wins does he get two more and end at 3 for finishing 7th?  

The points don't seem to be matching the scale above.  Is there something I am missing?

Just trying to understand what points have been awarded and what's left to earn.  Only using Cathedral as an example because they are on top according to TW.

Still looking for answers..... anyone?

I have been wondering same thing, SWINfan. Sure seems like they changed it up AGAIN & decided that Friday night winners do not get 2 Advancement Points either. Makes no sense to me. The State Finals competition started on Friday night but the IHSAA doesn't seem to acknowledge that.

If 2 teams (under this jacked-up scoring system) finish tied at the top but Team A had more wrestlers win than Team B on Friday, Team A is the better team. Seems like common sense to everyone except the people making these silly decisions which determine a state champion.

13 minutes ago, slice60 said:

I have been wondering same thing, SWINfan. Sure seems like they changed it up AGAIN & decided that Friday night winners do not get 2 Advancement Points either. Makes no sense to me. The State Finals competition started on Friday night but the IHSAA doesn't seem to acknowledge that.

If 2 teams (under this jacked-up scoring system) finish tied at the top but Team A had more wrestlers win than Team B on Friday, Team A is the better team. Seems like common sense to everyone except the people making these silly decisions which determine a state champion.

Jacked up scoring is an understatement. A team could have two champs and place no one else will be higher then a team who places all 14 8th place. Seems legit right?

47 minutes ago, RaiderColfax said:

Jacked up scoring is an understatement. A team could have two champs and place no one else will be higher then a team who places all 14 8th place. Seems legit right?

Hypothetical situation:

Team A with 1 wrestler who wins by PIN in the Qtrs, loses in Semis & then wins by PIN in 3rd place match would finish with 15 points. 9 Pts for 3rd place + 2 Advancement Pts on Sat a.m. + 4 Bonus Pts for the 2 pins = 15.

Team B brings all 14 wrestlers to State & they all win by PIN on Friday night. But then they all lose in the Qtrs, Consolation Round, & 7th-8th place match. Each earns 1 Pt for 8th place = 14.

Team A (15 pts) is clearly better than Team B (14 pts), right?

2 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Team Wrestlers Current Points Max Points Max w/o Bonus
Indianapolis Cathedral 5 70 94 86
Avon 4 62 80 74
Brownsburg 7 61 73 69
Evansville Mater Dei 5 61 73 69

Didn’t you say 94 will win it?

14 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Team Wrestlers Current Points Max Points Max w/o Bonus
Indianapolis Cathedral 5 70 94 86
Avon 4 62 80 74
Brownsburg 7 61 73 69
Evansville Mater Dei 5 61 73 69

So if Garcia and Brewer win with no bonus points and Cathedral loses all 4 finals, we have a tie at 70?   And if Mater Dei and Brownsburg wins both matches with 1 total bonus point each, then we have a  4 way tie at 70?

Am I figuring that right? 

5 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

So if Garcia and Brewer win with no bonus points and Cathedral loses all 4 finals, we have a tie at 70?   And if Mater Dei and Brownsburg wins both matches with 1 total bonus point each, then we have a  4 way tie at 70?

Am I figuring that right? 

Yes

8 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Cathedral needs Rodgers to win right here or their title hopes are going down the drain....   looks like the boys from Avon may just pull this thing out

Agreed.  Donahue is good but Brewer is on a mission to finally get to the top of a podium and get his team a state title on the way.  

The OT 152 win may have sealed it for the Irish. Great back and forth final.  Big time hitting a inside trip for first time ever in a match. Take some guts to commit to that. 

Edited by MattM

15 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Cathedral needs Rodgers to win right here or their title hopes are going down the drain....   looks like the boys from Avon may just pull this thing out

What’s a post from SWIN without some type of % that’s pulled from the air?

Someone 

1 minute ago, Caleb Spires said:

If Slivka loses and Brewer gets a pin, it would be a tie at 74, right?

Someone tell Brewer that one.  He’ll make sure he gets the win but he’s a team player. 

Edited by MattM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.