Team State.Champs

Midstate0413

6 minutes ago, Midstate0413 said:

It looks like Mater Dei is the clear favorite after seeing the brackets come out.  Brownsburg got some bad Friday night matchups.  We will see what happens in 5 days.

Clear favorite? I think they have several tough draws... Cathedral, Col East, Avon, Portage, and Roncalli are all favorites to win.

43 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Clear favorite? I think they have several tough draws... Cathedral, Col East, Avon, Portage, and Roncalli are all favorites to win.

They got a death draw at 113 with Ross having to face Moran on Friday night. 

Sollars is tough but I feel hes one and done Friday night. 

Kane Egli faces Wagner on Friday night and I don't believe he gets by him. 

Clay Egli had a bad day to fall into a 4 vs 1 seed. Tough Friday night

I definitely don't see that.  Aside from those mentioned above, Boarman and Bettich on Saturday morning is not favorable.  Could he win? Absolutely.  Not to mention, Parkinson is far from a given Friday night.

Haven't studied all the draws so far, but clear favorite seems a tad bit strong.

10 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

I definitely don't see that.  Aside from those mentioned above, Boarman and Bettich on Saturday morning is not favorable.  Could he win? Absolutely.  Not to mention, Parkinson is far from a given Friday night.

Haven't studied all the draws so far, but clear favorite seems a tad bit strong.

True on Boarman and Bettich.Boarman is an amazing wrestler as is Bettich. Bettich is long, so can he use his length to his advantage against Boarman? They both have lost to Little. Boarman by a 6-2 and 7-2(SV) to Bettich. Should be a good one. 

46 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

They got a death draw at 113 with Ross having to face Moran on Friday night. 

Sollars is tough but I feel hes one and done Friday night. 

Kane Egli faces Wagner on Friday night and I don't believe he gets by him. 

Clay Egli had a bad day to fall into a 4 vs 1 seed. Tough Friday night

Lets hope there is Mater Dei magic

1 hour ago, 1prouddad said:

True on Boarman and Bettich.Boarman is an amazing wrestler as is Bettich. Bettich is long, so can he use his length to his advantage against Boarman? They both have lost to Little. Boarman by a 6-2 and 7-2(SV) to Bettich. Should be a good one. 

Riley is short.... 

The Irish even with 5 are still dangerous, with potential to put 5 under the lights they would be at 90 and thats without those coveted bonus points coming into play. Reminds me of how everyone said don't sleep on the patriots this year then Brady did again what we knew he'd do. Murders Row and Co. will be tough to stop. Going to be an action packed weekend.

Both Roncalli & Cathedral have legit chances to win it all with 5 great wrestlers each.

When Roncalli's Mahan @170 found himself on his back early in the Quarterfinals against Kendrex of Mt Vernon, I said "That kid better pin him now while he's got the chance." But Mahan avoided the pin & then fought back from that 5-0 deficit to take the lead before ending it on a late pin. Then he won his final 2 matches by 1st round pin. 

If Kendrex had put him away, Mahan's season would have ended along with 0 team points. Instead, Mahan earned the maximum 24 team points to lead Roncalli to a slim 6.5pt victory over Cathedral.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.