State Pick'ems Results *Updated*

Y2CJ41

Different day, same Caleb Spires....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AnCxlLRki5JzEB52tXk1MsgJbUI8m3DRe65AbScMATM/edit?usp=sharing

Scoring breakdown
10 points for a correct top 4 pick
-2 points for each placement wrong
So if you pick a guy 1st and he gets 1st you get 10 points, if he gets 3rd you get 6 points.

Someone need to take away the Game Genie from Caleb, so other people have a chance to fairly compete. 

nes_Game_Genie.jpg

Wait he’s too young to even know what that is!  Would hacking the Matrix be a more relevant pop culture reference?  

matrix.gif

Nope probably still too early for him.   It’s basically what Ralph and Vanellope did to the Candy Crush game.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQd9p4_EsO940rB5fZJGna

There now you get it now.  Dang, Millennial!  :)

Edited by MattM

Just now, Thor said:

Spires is a wizard, you can’t convince me otherwise

He faltered at Fort Wayne, but won New Castle which was the craziest semi-state by far.

Even more impressive is Mike winning East Chicago...don't bet against him making a run at Banker's Life. State is worth two semi-states.

1 hour ago, MattM said:

Someone need to take away the Game Genie from Caleb, so other people have a chance to fairly compete. 

nes_Game_Genie.jpg

Wait he’s too young to even know what that is!  Would hacking the Matrix be a more relevant pop culture reference?  

matrix.gif

Nope probably still too early for him.   It’s basically what Ralph and Vanellope did to the Candy Crush game.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQd9p4_EsO940rB5fZJGna

There now you get it now.  Dang, Millennial!  :)

I get the first two references, but that last one is lost on me.

21 hours ago, SWINfan said:

I find it telling that I did best at Ft. Wayne, which is the SS I know the least, did last and spent the least amount of time on.  Gives credence to the old baseball line.... "Don't think.  It can only hurt the ballclub"

Same here. I was most confident about New Castle, where I did by far the worst. I was least confident about Ft. Wayne, where I did the best.

7 hours ago, GetTyGoudyonGorillaRadio said:

Only did FW.. but I will let my results speak for themselves.

2DF04AD8-3B68-4837-B542-AE32490486BE.jpeg

Shoulda taken part in the other three. Now we’ll never know if you could have been the overall champ ;)

And I can agree with all of the above saying you typically do best at the semi states you know less about, probably due to less personal bias and overthinking. Hence why I usually do much better at New Castle and East Chicago than I do Ft. Wayne. Evansville is usually the least predictable for everyone.

2 hours ago, Caleb Spires said:

Shoulda taken part in the other three. Now we’ll never know if you could have been the overall champ ;)

And I can agree with all of the above saying you typically do best at the semi states you know less about, probably due to less personal bias and overthinking. Hence why I usually do much better at New Castle and East Chicago than I do Ft. Wayne. Evansville is usually the least predictable for everyone.

You’re welcome for not doing all three 😃

Ohhh my, Spires was in the lead and even a top 20 finish in the state finals was not enough as Joshua Roehm pulls the upset of the century and knocks him off in the overall.

All the standings are updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AnCxlLRki5JzEB52tXk1MsgJbUI8m3DRe65AbScMATM/edit?usp=sharing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.