Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SWINfan

Semi-State Upsets, Significant Matches & Everything Else

Recommended Posts

Team Garcia is passionate about are area. Can’t knock the dude for that. 

With that said, I think that there is a level of respect for eachothers programs that is not typical. Anytime anyone has success at any level, it seems that the coaches, parents, and wrestlers of the other teams are first ones to congratulate the kids. A lot of the parents hang out together. So the sense of together or being as one is real. 

This is a silly debate. 

Great day yesterday. 

Gave some money to the boom squad. Looking out for 1proud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, hook and half said:

Fact check:

1.  i meant what i said:  Hendricks county has great wrestling.  Sticking a hashtag in front of a phrase does not change the conventions of the English language.

2.  There are not "millions" of Indiana high school wrestling fans.

3.  Penn State fans do not shout "We are one community".  Their chant is "We are Penn State".  I defy you to show one instance where a Penn State Kid has given the Iowa, Minnesota or Ohio State coaches or athletes "credit" for their success.  Pretty much all of the Big Ten contenders hate Penn State; the feeling is mutual.  Take a look at Penn State's wrestling forum to test this assertion.  Furthermore, i have never heard a "We are one community" chant at any Indiana high school wrestling meet.  

4.  Hendricks county kids train 365/24/7?  They do not sleep?  How do they maintain their academics if they do not go to school?  I thought human beings died after five days of sleep deprivation.

5.  Pretty much everyone "gets" that Contenders is an outstanding club.  Outside of #thecounty drum-beaters, everyone "gets" that Maurer-Coughlin wrestling club and Region Wrestling Academy makes their kids better.

6.  It is interesting to watch KT Nelson.  He has clearly moved to the next level...at Brownsburg.  Dorian Keys is a first-year wrestler?  Is that true?  if so, i'm sure that is a result of #thecounty, as opposed to wrestling for Brownsburg.  This year, i saw Brownsburg shock everyone and win the team duals and a month later, put seven in the finals at semi state.  If i lived in Hendricks county--based on results--i would want my kids at the Contenders club and a student at Brownsburg.

On the other hand, I could be wrong.  I fully expect Asa to win his third title next weekend.  It's not hard to imagine Avon getting three champs.  If forced to bet, i would put my money on the Orioles to win their first title.  Let's give this "We are one community" some legs:

1.  All Avon kids should scrap any apparel branded with "Avon".  That would extinguish this "1 schools ego" thing that you mention.  I suggest that the singlets are emblazoned across the chest with #thecounty and the back will state #weareonecommunity.

2.  During their post-match interviews, the Avon champs should not mention their "Avon" coaches or team mates, but should give credit to Derrick Snyder, Contenders and the kids from the land of the hashtag.

3.  Should Avon get grand prize, the trophy should reside at the Contenders club.

4.  Finally, and crucially, the IHSAA will NOT recognize Avon as the State Champion.  The championship clearly belongs to the "One Community" and should be so noted in the record books.  Avon's administration should refuse the trophy unless it is presented to #thecounty.

The king of Evansville semi state is back!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PhillyFanMD said:

If or When Avon sends 9 to state or win a state championship they can put be into the same sentence a Mater Dei.  Just like Booneville, Avon is not in Mater Dei's league.  

Looks like MD92 may have gotten a new account??? Lol. Love dem nameless Emd trolls! Must be the “cool” thing to do there.  @UncleJimmy

Seriously I think both teams are great. I think Avon has a shot to finish higher than Emd at state. Good luck to both teams. I have been a team leader in many teams with Emd guys. Always tough. Furthermore ALWAYS respectful and funny kids. I really do enjoys seeing these kids have success. 

Edited by Mattyb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Looks like MD92 may have gotten a new account??? Lol. Love dem nameless Emd trolls! @UncleJimmy

Seriously I think both teams are great. I think Avon has a shot to finish higher than Emd at state. Good luck to both teams. I have been a team leader in many teams with Emd guys. Always tough. Furthermore ALWAYS respectful and funny kids. I really do enjoys seeing these kids have success. 

There's over a dozen trophies in the MD hallways to prove that claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PhillyFanMD said:

There's over a dozen trophies in the MD hallways to prove that claim.

I don’t know you and not going to debate you. So troll elsewhere please. 

Again, Emd kids are great kids in general. Good luck to the kids I know and to the ones I don’t know either. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Team Garcia is passionate about are area. Can’t knock the dude for that. 

With that said, I think that there is a level of respect for eachothers programs that is not typical. Anytime anyone has success at any level, it seems that the coaches, parents, and wrestlers of the other teams are first ones to congratulate the kids. A lot of the parents hang out together. So the sense of together or being as one is real. 

This is a silly debate. 

Great day yesterday. 

Gave some money to the boom squad. Looking out for 1proud. 

Much agreed. I truly enjoy watching all athletes compete. After several hard fought matches, it’s not out of the norm for me to track down the wrestler or even his family to congratulate them and wish them the best. I’ve also done the same in defeat. 

Thanks for the support to boom squad and I’m hoping you enjoyed. Best of luck to ALL the fellas at state and as usual I’ll be there to root them all on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

I don’t know you and not going to debate you. So troll elsewhere please. 

Again, Emd kids are great kids in general. Good luck to the kids I know and to the ones I don’t know either. 

 

#TheTMZ North Bureau isI on the identity check for you @Mattyb ! You got better things to worry about this week. Right now I’m suspecting @backtothemat taking a heel turn on you!! But I’ll keep digging. 

If Mattyb don’t know you he ain’t debating you! Especially you first timers! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Topdogwrestling said:

The referees set the tone of the matches with their calls or no calls .. The EMD kid did nothing on bottom but received 0 stalling calls as well   As great of a semistate that Evansville is , every team knows they are at a disadvantage when wrestling EMD in the Ford area .. This time they didn’t get the call they were looking for , bottom guy needs to work up, Don’t leave the matches in the referee’s hands wanting penalty calls ..

I think both kids wrestled hard and I was impressed on the depth of the170 weight class ... The top three kids from the Evansville semistate at 170 will be a tough test for the rest of the state.. 

 

 

 

Just out of curiosity as to what you think gives Mater Dei such an advantage?  Are all the officials from Evansville?  Does the school with an enrollment of 548 bring so many more fans than schools such as Brownsburg and Avon with enrollments of over 2,500 each?   

A clarification on your comment "the bottom guy needs to work"......    Actually BOTH wrestlers need to work and stalling can be called on either.  But you know that, it just doesn't fit your narrative.  I didn't see the match so I can't comment on the specifics.  But unless you can provide a realistic argument about why MD has an advantage, I can only conclude that, last paragraph excepted, your post is a load of hooey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hook and half said:

Fact check:

1.  i meant what i said:  Hendricks county has great wrestling.  Sticking a hashtag in front of a phrase does not change the conventions of the English language.

2.  There are not "millions" of Indiana high school wrestling fans.

3.  Penn State fans do not shout "We are one community".  Their chant is "We are Penn State".  I defy you to show one instance where a Penn State Kid has given the Iowa, Minnesota or Ohio State coaches or athletes "credit" for their success.  Pretty much all of the Big Ten contenders hate Penn State; the feeling is mutual.  Take a look at Penn State's wrestling forum to test this assertion.  Furthermore, i have never heard a "We are one community" chant at any Indiana high school wrestling meet.  

4.  Hendricks county kids train 365/24/7?  They do not sleep?  How do they maintain their academics if they do not go to school?  I thought human beings died after five days of sleep deprivation.

5.  Pretty much everyone "gets" that Contenders is an outstanding club.  Outside of #thecounty drum-beaters, everyone "gets" that Maurer-Coughlin wrestling club and Region Wrestling Academy makes their kids better.

6.  It is interesting to watch KT Nelson.  He has clearly moved to the next level...at Brownsburg.  Dorian Keys is a first-year wrestler?  Is that true?  if so, i'm sure that is a result of #thecounty, as opposed to wrestling for Brownsburg.  This year, i saw Brownsburg shock everyone and win the team duals and a month later, put seven in the finals at semi state.  If i lived in Hendricks county--based on results--i would want my kids at the Contenders club and a student at Brownsburg.

On the other hand, I could be wrong.  I fully expect Asa to win his third title next weekend.  It's not hard to imagine Avon getting three champs.  If forced to bet, i would put my money on the Orioles to win their first title.  Let's give this "We are one community" some legs:

1.  All Avon kids should scrap any apparel branded with "Avon".  That would extinguish this "1 schools ego" thing that you mention.  I suggest that the singlets are emblazoned across the chest with #thecounty and the back will state #weareonecommunity.

2.  During their post-match interviews, the Avon champs should not mention their "Avon" coaches or team mates, but should give credit to Derrick Snyder, Contenders and the kids from the land of the hashtag.

3.  Should Avon get grand prize, the trophy should reside at the Contenders club.

4.  Finally, and crucially, the IHSAA will NOT recognize Avon as the State Champion.  The championship clearly belongs to the "One Community" and should be so noted in the record books.  Avon's administration should refuse the trophy unless it is presented to #thecounty.

Like most people on here you’ll get what I’m saying later when you think about it and look at the big picture as a hole for #TheCounty. May not be today, tomorrow, years from now but eventually you’ll be like man.... This guy made a difference in Wrestling. Heck, I see it now . 

 

The Notorious 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Caleb Spires said:

I’m not trying to dog Curtis as he’s obviously a fantastic wrestler but the takedown count was 4-1.

Curtis did however win best flop of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Just out of curiosity as to what you think gives Mater Dei such an advantage?  Are all the officials from Evansville?  Does the school with an enrollment of 548 bring so many more fans than schools such as Brownsburg and Avon with enrollments of over 2,500 each?   

A clarification on your comment "the bottom guy needs to work"......    Actually BOTH wrestlers need to work and stalling can be called on either.  But you know that, it just doesn't fit your narrative.  I didn't see the match so I can't comment on the specifics.  But unless you can provide a realistic argument about why MD has an advantage, I can only conclude that, last paragraph excepted, your post is a load of hooey.

The point of the comment was in reference to the top guy just riding the hips . So my point was perspective, The top guys fans is saying the bottom guy isn’t doing anything as the bottom guys fans are saying the top guy was riding the hips , I would say some of both occurred and the refs didn’t call either .. 

Neither of these kids are from our school or even regional..

As far as advantage , I absolutely feel EMD has a huge advantage, is it because it’s a home meet for them ?, maybe or is it the refs generally feel pressure from their home crowd , maybe , I can’t answer why someone does  something, I don’t think it’s a big conspiracy or it’s not a knock against EMD , I have just witnessed it over the last 10 years... EMD is historically the powerhouse of wrestling of the south without debate.. A more central semistate would be better for everyone but Evansville..

 

As far as your conclusions, that’s up to you , This is my opinion.

 

thanks 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RaiderColfax said:

Is there anyone that can bring in past placers the past 5 years for Avon and EMD? I’d like to see those numbers and compare. Also just wanna stir the pot a little 😬😂

Garcia 3x Larson 3x Rioux 2x NConley 2x Helm Elmore Hanson Skaggs Clark that's off top of my head for Avon. Think we had one maybe two in 2013 Synder Jones.

Edited by quinnsDAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, quinnsDAD said:

Garcia 3x Larson 3x Rioux 2x NConley 2x Helm Elmore Hanson Skaggs Clark that's off top of my head for Avon. Think we had one maybe two in 2013 Synder Jones.

Can't believe you forgot Gunnar Larson. Young man was tough as nails

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

And now mater dei’s response? 

Lee,lee and lee 

Add to that list:

Boarman, Will Egli, Alex Johnson, Blake Jourdan, Wilderman, Bennet Kempf, Wyatt Seng, Kyle Luigs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Observing said:

Specifically, Lee x8, Luigs x2, Egli x2

Damn, that's a LONG career for that Lee guy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Caleb Spires said:

Wonder what he’s up to now. Kinda fell off the radar after he graduated.

Not if you follow the college board!  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.