Nick Lee takes down #2

37 minutes ago, Jayruss said:

Helluva match! McKenna emptied his tank in the first. Good decision for Lee to cut him at the end. 

Which is funny because I was questioning that cut when he made it.  Shows what I know!  He did the same last year.  Worked this year, not so much last year.  But you are exactly right about McKenna expending a ton of energy in the first period.

Edited by SWINfan

8 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Which is funny because I was questioning that cut when he made it.  Shows what I know!  He did the same last year.  Worked this year, not so much last year.  But you are exactly right about McKenna expending a ton of energy in the first period.

While he did the same last year with cutting him, the difference was there was still quite a bit of time left in the clock this year and McKenna already had a warning against him. No where to run the Lee was bringing the heat. That also showed a lot of confidence in his ability to create points against top tier talent. 

What a huge win for Nick, & all good observations here.

It will be interesting to see McKenna's game plan next time considering the way this match went & how gassed he was in the 3rd. But the Big10 is loaded at 141 (Lee, McKenna, Carr, Storr, Moran, Red, McKee, Muran) & there is no guarantee they will meet again.

Loved seeing the interview with Nick afterwards, & it was interesting to learn that Lee & McKenna have a long history going back to when they were very little guys.

If you have a few extra minutes, listen to the Penn State radio broadcast from Friday night.  Nick's match with McKenna starts at about the 47 minute mark.  Start a littler earlier if you want to hear the end of the Roman Bravo-Young and Pletcher match.  There is some serious energy in the call.

Go PSU Sports Audio PSU at OSU (free)

14 hours ago, SWINfan said:

If you have a few extra minutes, listen to the Penn State radio broadcast from Friday night.  Nick's match with McKenna starts at about the 47 minute mark.  Start a littler earlier if you want to hear the end of the Roman Bravo-Young and Pletcher match.  There is some serious energy in the call.

Go PSU Sports Audio PSU at OSU (free)

HE'S DONE. HE'S DONE.

What a great call.