Congrats to the 278 Frosh-Soph SSQ's

redcobra

4 hours ago, trackgopher said:

Please realize this event is also trying to bridge the gap between the IHSAA season and ISWA Folkstyle State.  Many programs lose the kids after they are eliminated from the state series, while this is to keep those guys around.  This is something the Illinois does, and they are a pretty good wrestling state.  We are just trying to get better.

I think a JV state would do just that.  Only kids that didn't wrestle in a sectional.  I think this would be an awesome way to get the non-varsity kids into the off season.  I am not against the tournament.  I just know that we do have folkstyle state in just a few weeks.

Indy Nationals wrestlers are now imported!.   

Congrats to the following list of Freshmen and Sophomores who Placed Top 8 at the iHSAA State Finals last weekend!   We hope they will come watch, coach, and assist their teammates at Frosh-Soph State, but they have been removed from the Frosh-Soph event.  

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 6.06.59 PM.png

Wow, only 5 out of 80 place winners from 132 on up were frosh/soph. Come to think of it only 24 total. That seems low, I could be wrong maybe that’s typical. Do we just have an extremely deep jr/sr class or is this the norm?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.