Silas Allred of Shenandoah commits to

Y2CJ41

Congrats my friend! So much respect for you and your family. Your an awesome wrestler but your faith, respect and character is what makes you such an amazing young man. I have enjoyed so much getting to watch you and get to know you on the national trips and teams. You will do fantastic. Congrats again👍

Congrats Silas, great kid (humble, polite & very respectful), great wrestler is just icing on the cake !!!

Will enjoy watching you on BTN for next several years for sure.

Congrats Eric be proud and good luck going forward to both of you guys !!!

11 hours ago, Jayruss said:

Was hoping to keep him in state 

Fully understand brother.  Admittedly......the toughest part wasn’t Silas separating himself from other interested “powerhouse” programs.  It was the phone calls to Ersland & Todd.....and of course Angel.  We think extremely highly of these guys and everything they stand for.  But ultimately.....Silas chose the program he felt would best benefit HIM regarding his goals.  He will be a tremendous ambassador for our state’s Wrestling everywhere the sport, his hard work & health, and God takes him. 

Really appreciate everyone’s support and encouraging words.  They won’t be forgotten gentlemen.

First coached against this kid at the team state in 2016. Silas was a freshman and won a big match of two highly ranked 170lbers. No celebration, no non sense, strictly business. Shook hands walked off of the mat. He will be a great role model for Indiana Wrestling going forward. Congrats! 

I know I’m essentially echoing everyone else’s thoughts here, but having a family member on his team for the past 6 years I have had the pleasure to watch this young man wrestle on a regular basis. I just want to say I have been around a lot of high school athletes over the past 20 years. It’s easy for a kid as talented as Silas to develop an ego. I have never met a more humble, polite, appreciative young man that takes nothing for granted. While he is obviously a great athlete, he isn’t a kid that was just born with ability, he has truly worked for everything he has accomplished. It has been a pleasure to see his development and it will be fun to watch him continue his journey towards his ultimate goal. 

26 minutes ago, wchew20 said:

I know I’m essentially echoing everyone else’s thoughts here, but having a family member on his team for the past 6 years I have had the pleasure to watch this young man wrestle on a regular basis. I just want to say I have been around a lot of high school athletes over the past 20 years. It’s easy for a kid as talented as Silas to develop an ego. I have never met a more humble, polite, appreciative young man that takes nothing for granted. While he is obviously a great athlete, he isn’t a kid that was just born with ability, he has truly worked for everything he has accomplished. It has been a pleasure to see his development and it will be fun to watch him continue his journey towards his ultimate goal. 

Wes......Aporeciate the acknowledgement brother.  And while you’re 100% correct regarding your point about hard work being greater than natural ability.....I only have 1 request.  DO NOT downplay my elite DNA strain brotha! 🤣

Because even though after 30 seconds the youngster has me either on my back, or too tired to continue......He still can’t hit my fastball......and he dreads putting on the boxing gloves with me!  Gotta keep him honest 😏.

11 minutes ago, Perseverance said:

Wes......Aporeciate the acknowledgement brother.  And while you’re 100% correct regarding your point about hard work being greater than natural ability.....I only have 1 request.  DO NOT downplay my elite DNA strain brotha! 🤣

Because even though after 30 seconds the youngster has me either on my back, or too tired to continue......He still can’t hit my fastball......and he dreads putting on the boxing gloves with me!  Gotta keep him honest 😏.

I’ll have to ask Him about that fastball. 😆

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.