Ohio St at Penn St Friday 2/8/2019

Wow, the Big10 conference schedule is not boring is it? Talk about a great match up.

125 - Hunter Lucas/Devin Schnupp (neither are ranked - edge OSU)

133 - #6 Pletcher/#15 Roman Bravo-Young (RBY injury? - edge OSU)

141 - #2 McKenna/#5 Lee (this will let us know exactly where Lee is, edge OSU)

149 - #3 Micah Jordan/#11 Brady Berge (is Berge ready, edge OSU)

157 - #6 Ke-Shawn Hayes/#1 Nolf (likely bonus points, edge PSU)

165 - #12 Te'Shan Campbell/#1 Joseph (can Joseph get bonus points?, edge PSU)

174 - #18 Ethan Smith/#1 Hall (likely bonus points, edge PSU)

184 - #1 Martin/#3 Rasheed (can Rasheed shock here, edge OSU)

197 - #2 Moore/#1 Nickal (WOW just WOW, I have to give the edge to PSU)

285 - #19 Singletary/#3 Cassar (possible bonus points, edge PSU)

So, I have the edge to PSU in 5 & to OSU in 5. Bonus points, injuries & wrestler availability will play a role. McKenna did not wrestle in either of OSU's meets this past weekend. If RBY is unable to go (or does but is less than 100%) OSU has a chance at bonus points. If Berge is not ready, Jordan can get bonus points (maybe even against Berge?). Nolf, Joseph & Hall could all record bonus points. Bonus points is a possibility for Cassar.

184 & 197 will be worth the price of admission alone. These two matches could very well be the deciding factors. Can Rasheed & Moore pull off the slight upsets? Can Martin & Nickal pick up unexpected bonus points?

Ohio State was beat by Michigan, but they are a tougher matchup for Penn State than Michigan was (IMO).

Couple of notes.....

This is in Columbus, at Ohio State.

Don't be surprised if Rasheed doesn't go at 184.  He missed three matches, came back last weekend against Michigan with a huge knee brace and didn't look as explosive.  May have just been winded from being out, from being sick, from not being able to work out or from cutting weight.  No one knows as Penn St. doesn't provide much info on why guys are out.  

I'd be surprised if RBY goes at 133.  Hope to see it, but I'm thinking no.

Not sure what the deal is with McKenna.  Coach Ryan was quoted as saying McKenna wanted to go last weekend but the doctor said no.  Does that carry over to this weekend?  Is Ryan being honest?  If he goes, will he be 100%?

Should be a fun battle to watch regardless.  

Match will be televised on the Big Ten Network at 8:30 eastern.  A great appetizer for all the fireworks at Semi-State on Saturday!

Thanks for correcting me on the location SWINfan.👍

I agree that Rasheed did not look himself and about RBY. I was wondering about McKenna, & if that is all the info available then I am still curious.

I'm hoping to see Lee get a shot at McKenna, and one would think that knocking off PSU would be enough motivation that if he can go he will.

2 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

Thanks for correcting me on the location SWINfan.👍

I agree that Rasheed did not look himself and about RBY. I was wondering about McKenna, & if that is all the info available then I am still curious.

I'm hoping to see Lee get a shot at McKenna, and one would think that knocking off PSU would be enough motivation that if he can go he will.

Ryan invented the "DUCK", I would be surprised if a couple matches don't happen. McKenna is one of them.

Last year OSU thought it was the year. They were going into State College to end the PSU dual win streak. They brought funny looking monk robes and a pin chain. That was their year. And they were bitter when it did not happen. They also thought it was their year to win NCAAs. That ended in pretty spectacular fashion - for PSU.

This year it seems everyone is conceding that the NCAA tournament is PSU's to loose.  Between the improbability of winning the NCAA tournament this year and the double disappointment of last year, does that play into decisions they make this year with regard to McKenna?  

18 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

He had the cradle locked up before you could even see it was there to get.  Can't decide who I like watching more, Nolf or Nickal....

Also, can't wait to see Cassar vs. Steveson at the Big Ten Championships

This is becoming a norm for Bo to take out Ohio States big guns. He caught Martin last year and stuck him too. 

Cassar is definitely someone to keep an eye on. Strong as an ox, quick for his size and has-an incredible pace. 

Edited by 1prouddad

2 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

This is becoming a norm for Bo to take out Ohio States big guns. He caught Martin last year andsfuck him too. 

Cassar is definitely someone to keep an eye on. Strong as an ox, quick for his size and has-an incredible pace. 

He did what to him?     

;)