From 22-16 to 31-1

navy80

Tristan Ruhlman from Bloomington South went 22-16 last year and lost first round of regionals. This year, he is 31-1 at 160 and has wins over #7 @ 152 Conley 3-1, previously ranked Sollars 6-2, an #7 Singleton 8-3, fall over # 20 Doane, and #16 Schank 9-3.  Tristan's only loss is to #4 Pruett 3-4. Now, Tristan will have to beat a game Sollars again in the ticket round so I am not saying he is a lock but very impressed with his improvement. 

What gives? Seems like he got serious about wrestling and turned it up a notch..or several notches. 

Who else has improved drastically like this?

Edited by navy80

4 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Tristan Ruhlman from Bloomington South went 22-16 last year and lost first round of regionals. This year, he is 31-1 at 160 and has wins over #7 @ 152 Conley 3-1, previously ranked Sollars 6-2, an #7 Singleton 8-3, fall over # 20 Doane, and #16 Schank 9-3.  Tristan's only loss is to #4 Pruett 3-4. Now, Tristan will have to beat a game Sollars again in the ticket round so I am not saying he is a lock but very impressed with his improvement. 

What gives? Seems like he got serious about wrestling and turned it up a notch..or several notches. 

that's pretty dang awesome!  Not familiar with him but this speaks volumes on his work ethic!  and he has a impressive list of great wrestlers he's beat.. Good luck this weekend!

10 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Saw him all summer at Red Cobra. Kid is dedicated. Dem trips to TheCounty didn’t hurt. Has great partners at south too. Tough kid. 

15 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Bobby Babcock HOBART 22-12 Sectional Qualifier-------->34-3 SSQ- sectional champ- Regional champ. 

Edited by brickfor6
SCHOOL

Jackson Pettigrew of Columbia city last year 33-16 as a sophomore. Was down 7 going into 3rd period in first round of sectionals, scored 11 points to win in the 3rd. Then won in OT to move into 3rd/4th place match at sectional. 3rd, 3rd, 4th and defeated by B Lee on Friday night. 

Now he's 35-2 going into ss

2 hours ago, navy80 said:

You mean 4-3, right?  😉

3 hours ago, brickfor6 said:

Bobby Babcock HOBART 22-12 Sectional Qualifier-------->34-3 SSQ- sectional champ- Regional champ. 

Babcock is a diamond in the rough.  I tried to get him to travel to Virginia Beach a few years ago with Contenders WA MS team and they felt like they were not ready for that type of a trip just yet, but I knew after looking at him in person and seeing him wrestle some matches at Winter Nationals he was more than ready and would make for a great wrestler.  Good Job kid and good luck going forward.

5 hours ago, JMILL said:

Babcock is a diamond in the rough.  I tried to get him to travel to Virginia Beach a few years ago with Contenders WA MS team and they felt like they were not ready for that type of a trip just yet, but I knew after looking at him in person and seeing him wrestle some matches at Winter Nationals he was more than ready and would make for a great wrestler.  Good Job kid and good luck going forward.

Definitely a great kid that has bought in 100% this year. I am just glad we got him for 2 more years and he looks like a senior lol

23 hours ago, maligned said:

Which of these guys are non-big boys? You expect a few of the big-boy improvement stories because mastery of a couple positions or finishes can translate into drastically different results--but smaller guys making a big jump is less common for sure.

This one is cheating to an extent, because I assume he was very undersized last year and had to bump due to talented teammates... But Brady Lewis of Huntington North was 16-18 and didn’t win a match at sectionals at 120. Now he’s down at 106 and comes into semi-state a regional champion with a 35-4 record.

Another out of Ft. Wayne is Kamden Goering. Went two-and-out at sectionals last year with an 18-15 record and is 30-4 this year with losses only at the Al Smith and the regional championship.

Geoffrey Davis from Fort Wayne Wayne is a great one.

9th grade was like 7-25 with all FF wins

10th grade was JV

11th grade & 12th grade was 4th in the State back to back years.

Edited by rjohnson
Typo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.