The ECC Semistate/Regions is way down based on.....

I just looked at Maligned's sectional and regional quota ratings by sectional and regional.  Those ratings are based a genius index from  head to head dual results and tournament results.    My conclusion based on those results is that  the Region is way down as is the whole ECC.

Here's the data:   ECC didn't have any 5 rated sectionals.  They had (3) four rated sectionals  which were  Laf Jeff, Plymouth and Portage.   They had (5) three ratings: Crown Point, ECC, LaPorte,Mishawaka and Twin Lakes.       5 of 11 three rated sectionals come from ECC.

Its get worse with Regional categories:    All  4 of the Regionals (Logan,  Crown Point, Penn and Hobart) are rated 3s and that's on scale to 6.   Mooresville was a 6.    There's a total of 6 number 3 rated regionals and 4 are out ECC.    The Peru regional which has traditionally weaker, was a tougher Regioanal than every ECC.

So whats going on in the ECC and the Region??     Sure, there's still some very good individuals but they didn't compete well with the rest of the state this year.   Might see similar results at the State tournament.   No wonder why we haven't heard from "Da Region Rat" as much.   He might have to rent the mini version of the Brinks truck this year because isn't going to be as big.

C. CATEGORY ASSIGNMENTS for tournament sites for 2019 are as follows:

Sectionals and Assigned Categories Regional Categories

Avon 5 Moorsvll 5 Plymth 4 ECC 3 Moorsvil 6 JayCo 4

Bl. North 5 OakHill 5 Portage 4 Jeff’ville 3 Ev North 5 Peru 4

Carroll 5 WarrenC 5 SDearbn 4 JennCo 3 N. Mont 5 CrownPt 3

Elwood 5 Crwfville 4 Sthport 4 LaPorte 3 PendHts 5 Hobart 3

Ev Cent 5 Elk Mem 4 W’stview 4 Mshwka 3 PerryM. 5 Jeff’ville 3

Frankfort 5 Laf Jeff 4 Castle 3 Sh’doah 3 Bloom S 4 Lognspt 3

IndyTech 5 N Haven 4 CrownPt 3 So’ridge 3 Carroll 4 Penn 3

Jay Co 5 Peru 4 Delta 3 TwinLks 3 Goshen 4 Richmnd 3

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

Concur. The lack of activity for the ECSS thread has to support your thesis. Yikes..the Penn regional has fallen to the depths of Logansport!!!! BTW where is the @unknown wrestler?? Where is @KarlHungus preview from the cinder block walls of Culver? No wonder da Rat retired and moved away. Come to think of it, there has not even been a Dude-low radio spot with @ontherise219 this year. My how the mighty have fallen. Hopefully from the ashes thou shalt rise.

Edited by UncleJimmy

15 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

Concur. The lack of activity for the ECSS thread has to support your thesis. Yikes..the Penn regional has fallen to the depths of Logansport!!!! BTW where is the @unknown wrestler?? Where is @KarlHungus preview from the cinder block walls of Culver? No wonder da Rat retired and moved away. Come to think of it, there has not even been a Dude-low radio spot with @ontherise219 this year. My how the mighty have fallen. Hopefully from the ashes thou shalt rise.

What...... ? You said @regionrat1 retired and moved to Ft. Wayne and changed his name to Fortrat1 it’s got so bad in Da Region . That’s what I just read between the lines. See right through you @UncleJimmy

The Notorious 

So much of this issue is just about depth. There's no doubting there's serious high-end talent still in the DAC, South Bend/Mishawaka, Lafayette. But depth is way down. And the Categories are strictly a measure of depth and crowdedness--not high end talent. 

TONS of forfeits out of the ECC semi-state.

Average wrestlers per sectional weight class and per regional weight class by semi-state:

Evansville: 7.7 & 15.4

Fort Wayne: 7.6 & 15.2

New Castle: 7.3 & 14.7

East Chicago: 6.5 & 13.1

It's not very difficult math to know that you'll have about 5 random kids out of 15.4 at the same quality as the best 4 out of 13.1. The same is true when you're looking at sectional depth of 7.7 versus 6.5.

Edited by maligned

A few years ago, I tried to get a multi-school offseason club together around East Chicago, Whiting, and Hammond. I found a whole bunch of distrust and folks worried about who would be in charge.  Previous to meeting with the various schools at their schools in person and forwarding and physically presenting them with USA Wrestling documents, including errors and omissions insurance papers, I told the stakeholders that we could easily vote on president, treasurer, secretary, etc.  At least half of them eventually declined. 

We don't have the money that the Region teams do outside of Hammond, East Chicago, Gary, and Whiting.  Yet, we can make each other better and compete IF there is not a selfish desire to be the king of a molehill.  Good luck.  I also find it a shame that a lot of the very successful alumni of the aforementioned schools elect to leave the area in neglect and disarray.  A few of them are still in the trenches where they grew up, but most have chosen the greener side of the grass.  I can see why, but it does not give the kids enough accessible role models to emulate.

10 hours ago, UncleJimmy said:

Unknown is still here he's just wearing stripes now.  I have a 10 year old getting ready so just give me a couple of years and the mouth will be back fellas. Good luck to all coaches ,wrestlers and parents.  As for medal counts let's just wait and see how it plays out.

6 hours ago, busstogate said:

A few years ago, I tried to get a multi-school offseason club together around East Chicago, Whiting, and Hammond. I found a whole bunch of distrust and folks worried about who would be in charge.  Previous to meeting with the various schools at their schools in person and forwarding and physically presenting them with USA Wrestling documents, including errors and omissions insurance papers, I told the stakeholders that we could easily vote on president, treasurer, secretary, etc.  At least half of them eventually declined. 

We don't have the money that the Region teams do outside of Hammond, East Chicago, Gary, and Whiting.  Yet, we can make each other better and compete IF there is not a selfish desire to be the king of a molehill.  Good luck.  I also find it a shame that a lot of the very successful alumni of the aforementioned schools elect to leave the area in neglect and disarray.  A few of them are still in the trenches where they grew up, but most have chosen the greener side of the grass.  I can see why, but it does not give the kids enough accessible role models to emulate.

There are a lot of ECC alums that help out at that school. Go to the ECC SS and you can see @XCard am I right about that? There is nowhere in the rest of the state like the Gary/east Chicago/ Hammond area. The FF coming out of these areas may not be able to get fixed. 

On 2/5/2019 at 11:03 AM, UncleJimmy said:

Love you brother, but I couldn’t disagree more. Just because Penn didn’t win half the weights like when Kory was there doesn’t mean it’s a weak regional. 

Wawasse is up. Culver is up. Mishawaka is up. Penn is a little down. 

Well see Saturday, but I think the Penn Regional is gonna surprise you with its qualifiers. 

We will Do a Total Medal Count after next Saturday Night and See just down the Region is. It goes in cycles and I would agree though we may be down a little this year that if is coming in the near future. I WOULD never count out the physical Brawlers from the NW Corner of the state next Friday and Saturday. See you all next weekend

31 minutes ago, Penn04 said:

Love you brother, but I couldn’t disagree more. Just because Penn didn’t win half the weights like when Kory was there doesn’t mean it’s a weak regional. 

Wawasse is up. Culver is up. Mishawaka is up. Penn is a little down. 

Well see Saturday, but I think the Penn Regional is gonna surprise you with its qualifiers. 

1 minute ago, TeamGarcia said:

Gotta bunch of talented freshman coming in up there next year.

What 5-6 National Ranked MS kids . 

Da Region will be fine . 

The Notorious 

I did not intend to rile my people!!!! I was just going with Scholars facts that I reckon were pulled from Maligned who is my stat guy, which says the Penn regional is a 3..same as all the others in ECSS including the always "maligned" Logansport regional! Maligned stats are usually not just pulled out of a hat so I trust his data..but respect your opinion @Penn04 ! Was not a dis on my beloved Kingsmen but more overall. Concur that those teams are improved.

I think the fact that @TeamGarcia is trying to make us da Region people feel better about ourselves speaks volumes about the current state of affairs. LOL. Kinda like your brother pattin' you on the head to cheer you up after a tough day.

Good luck, good health to everybody. One of the most anticipated days of the year. GO PENN!

7 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

I did not intend to rile my people!!!! I was just going with Scholars facts that I reckon were pulled from Maligned who is my stat guy, which says the Penn regional is a 3..same as all the others in ECSS including the always "maligned" Logansport regional! Maligned stats are usually not just pulled out of a hat so I trust his data..but respect your opinion @Penn04 ! Was not a dis on my beloved Kingsmen but more overall. Concur that those teams are improved.

I think the fact that @TeamGarcia is trying to make us da Region people feel better about ourselves speaks volumes about the current state of affairs. LOL. Kinda like your brother pattin' you on the head to cheer you up after a tough day.

Good luck, good health to everybody. One of the most anticipated days of the year. GO PENN!

Yea just picture me as Will Ferrall in Step Brothers and burying you guys alive .... “what are you doing...  just stay down there ... it’ll be alright” but ..... shovel in hand ... scoop ... dirt.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

The Notorious 

PS... I know whats coming 

The reason that we branded ourselves TheCounty was out of our admiration of what The Region has always done. The Region has given the rest of the state the blue print on how to be successful on the state and national levels. 

When coach P brought that mentality and elite year round training down south. It opened many eyes. 

With that said, I don’t think that the region is down. I think that the rest of the state is catching up with big brother. 

Also... I know that Outlaw is doing some academy work in the Huntington area. With that said, who’s going to be the one to bust the doors wide open and start an elite academy in that area? Seems like a market that is ready for it.   

Edited by Mattyb

18 hours ago, brickfor6 said:

There are a lot of ECC alums that help out at that school. Go to the ECC SS and you can see @XCard am I right about that? There is nowhere in the rest of the state like the Gary/east Chicago/ Hammond area. The FF coming out of these areas may not be able to get fixed. 

I think XCard can speak for himself if he so desires.  I know who he is.

On 2/5/2019 at 2:40 PM, busstogate said:

I don't think we have ever met physically or by email. Since our staff took over we tried to encourage our surrounding teams coaches and wrestlers to come roll with us. We have had very few come up over the last few years outside of the couple coaches and kids that I personally know. I have personally seen what you mean by "king of the molehill", but when we are willing to host and it's free, I don't see why we can't come together for the greater good of our area and find a common ground. 

35 minutes ago, GWCoach said:

I don't think we have ever met physically or by email. Since our staff took over we tried to encourage our surrounding teams coaches and wrestlers to come roll with us. We have had very few come up over the last few years outside of the couple coaches and kids that I personally know. I have personally seen what you mean by "king of the molehill", but when we are willing to host and it's free, I don't see why we can't come together for the greater good of our area and find a common ground. 

Agreed.  It comes down to priorities and who are we in it for.

Uncle Jimmy was right when he mentioned the remarkable absence of the "Region  Rat" on SS weekend.    This leaves a whole other void for the SS this weekend.   Where's the Rat's annual trash talk on the Logansport regional, the traditional "Region Rat" tourism brochure on the great adult entertainment and fine ethnic restaurants  to explore if your wrestler was eliminated early,  his historical memoirs of great feats of former Region wrestlers .    1st were missing Fabio and now  the Rat has gone down the Rathole.  The community of Indianamat is missing out, and its serious.

Im not sure how true it is, but one of my reliable "Region" sources told me that "Region Rat"  retired to the Tampa St Pete area in Florida.  They have a bad "Palm Rat" infestation down there,  and he thought would be a good place to fit in.   They said it took him a few months for locals to understand his dialect,  but when they got it he's a real popular guy down there.   He traded his Lincoln in for a Golf Cart.   After years of breathing the famous  "Region"   refinery contaminated air,  he's spent three month breathing clean Gulf Coast air and the color of his skin isn't blue anymore. And he might of put a pound or two after he has a 25%  off senior citizen discount at the local Kalabash seafood buffet down the street from his condo.    They say he softened a little bit but still has a little of the "Region Chip on his shoulder" but spends a lot of volunteering  at the local orphanage.   He tried to get into Florida wrestling,  but  was too disgusted with their lack of skill and silly class wrestling system, that he gave up on wrestling.  He spends his afternoons gambling on Jai, Alai and playing pickle ball.  His Condo has bad WI-FI so he cant always pick up Indianamat.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

Absolutely nothing wrong with Pickleball. If I could start a Pickleball team the Region would rock the Indiana Pickleball world. I love my pickleball! I spend more time going to pickleball tournaments in the off-season then I do going to little kids tournaments anymore. 

43 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Uncle Jimmy was right when he mentioned the remarkable absence of the "Region  Rat" on SS weekend.    This leaves a whole other void for the SS this weekend.   Where's the Rat's annual trash talk on the Logansport regional, the traditional "Region Rat" tourism brochure on the great adult entertainment and fine ethnic restaurants  to explore if your wrestler was eliminated early,  his historical memoirs of great feats of former Region wrestlers .    1st were missing Fabio and now  the Rat has gone down the Rathole.  The community of Indianamat is missing out, and its serious.

Im not sure how true it is, but one of my reliable "Region" sources told me that "Region Rat"  retired to the Tampa St Pete area in Florida.  They have a bad "Palm Rat" infestation down there,  and he thought would be a good place to fit in.   They said it took him a few months for locals to understand his dialect,  but when they got it he's a real popular guy down there.   He traded his Lincoln in for a Golf Cart.   After years of breathing the famous  "Region"   refinery contaminated air,  he's spent three month breathing clean Gulf Coast air and the color of his skin isn't blue anymore. And he might of put a pound or two after he has a 25%  off senior citizen discount at the local Kalabash seafood buffet down the street from his condo.    They say he softened a little bit but still has a little of the "Region Chip on his shoulder" but spends a lot of volunteering  at the local orphanage.   He tried to get into Florida wrestling,  but  was too disgusted with their lack of skill and silly class wrestling system, that he gave up on wrestling.  He spends his afternoons gambling on Jai, Alai and playing pickle ball.  His Condo has bad WI-FI so he cant always pick up Indianamat.

Think your right about @regionrat1, @DLane text me earlier today saying he seen @regionrat1 at the local Portillos in the Tampa area. Then he mentioned he’s working on their WiFi services and his Condo Community is on a 4 week waiting list to fix it, about the time frame of FHSAA to starts their State Series. Then @DLane mentioned he got banned from FloridaMat wrestling Site cause he was talking mess about Indiana Wrestling was way better than Florida Wrestling.... I know go figure. 😂 

The Notorious 

Edited by TeamGarcia

On 2/5/2019 at 10:03 AM, UncleJimmy said:

Yea they never reached back out. Maybe not enough views. I think the depth of the semi state is down but the top is still pretty strong 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.