Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hotdog95

New Castle Semi-State Top 4 (No order)

Recommended Posts

106: Cottey/Anthony/Perry/Chundi

113: Seltzer/White/Simone/Pierson

120: Eldred/Lowery/Owens/Moseley

126: Walendzak/Slivka/Ross/Wagner

132: Brown/Bailey/Viduya/Johnson

138: Wilkerson/Freije/Smith/Phillips

145: Warren//Graves/Hall/Mosconi

152: Rodgers/Fair/Noehre/Magnus

160: Lowe/Lohrey/Slivka/Davis

170: Saez/Mahan/Lowe/Klettheimer

182: Farrell/Sterrett/Bacon/Morgan

195: Heldt/Lane/Bynum/Allred

220: Cornwell/Irick/Webster/Campbel

HWT: Harris/Keller/Kunkleman/Watts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Walendzak is capable of stepping up and getting the job done.  However, to finish #1 at semi-state, I think he is going to have to wrestle better than he has the past two weeks when he lost to two different wrestlers.  Best of luck to him though.  Also, it will be interesting to see who Chase Wilkerson matches up with at 126.

I don’t know his semi-state draw yet, but if he wrestles like he did at regionals, LN’s Carrender will be hard to keep from advancing to Banker’s Life at 106.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think LN's Carrender is a lock.  He dominated at 106 at the regional and I look for him to make the podium.  I agree with him being the most dominating wrestler at the Pendleton regional.  It should be an exciting day of wrestling in New Castle and I'm hoping for underdogs to pull off some upsets.

What weight class has the best chance for a non ranked SS wrestler to advance to the State Finals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Raven27 said:

I think LN's Carrender is a lock.  He dominated at 106 at the regional and I look for him to make the podium.  I agree with him being the most dominating wrestler at the Pendleton regional.  It should be an exciting day of wrestling in New Castle and I'm hoping for underdogs to pull off some upsets.

What weight class has the best chance for a non ranked SS wrestler to advance to the State Finals?

Anthony loses to Chundi in Sectional & Regional Championships whom is a legit top 4 guy and was in both matches but gave up late Takedowns both times. No way I would bet against this boy. 

Edited by Hotdog95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Hotdog95 said:

Anthony loses to Chundi in Sectional & Regional Championships whom is a legit top 4 guy and was in both matches but gave up late Takedowns both times. No way I would bet against this boy. 

This is one ticket round match that I think will be really interesting. Carrender when good is great. Anthony is more consistent and way more battle tested at this point in the tournament (wrestled Chundi twice and Crousore). Will be a fun match if they can both get past their first round opponents. Good luck to both!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hotdog95 said:

106: Cottey/Anthony/Perry/Chundi

113: Seltzer/White/Simone/Pierson

120: Eldred/Lowery/Owens/Moseley

126: Walendzak/Slivka/Ross/Wagner

132: Brown/Bailey/Viduya/Johnson

138: Wilkerson/Freije/Smith/Phillips

145: Warren//Graves/Hall/Mosconi

152: Rodgers/Fair/Noehre/Magnus

160: Lowe/Lohrey/Slivka/Davis

170: Saez/Mahan/Lowe/Klettheimer

182: Farrell/Sterrett/Bacon/Morgan

195: Heldt/Lane/Bynum/Allred

220: Cornwell/Irick/Webster/Campbel

HWT: Harris/Keller/Kunkleman/Watts

Are the bold names your predictions for winners? If so who’s your pick at 220, the only weight you didn’t bold a name

Edited by Sutton047
Apparently I can’t spell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

106- Cottey (Perry) Perry (Warren), Chundi (Carmel), Carrender (LN)

113- Seltzer (Cathedral), Pierson (Warren), White (NP), Simone (HSE)

120- Lowary (Roncalli, Hadley (Lapel), Eldred (Westfield), Moseley (North Mont.)

126- Wagner (Zionsville), Walendzak (Cathedral), Wilkerson (MV), Brown (PH)

132- Viduya (Roncalli), Bailey (Cathedral), Brown (CCL), Johnson (North Mont.)

138- Freije (Roncalli), Phillips (Cent.), Smith (Perry), Goodwin (South)

145- Hall (SD), Mosconi (Cathedral), Graves (Warren), Warren (Perry)  

152- Noehre (GC), Rodgers (Cathedral), Fair (Perry), Dunn (Hamilton Heights)

160- Slivka (Cathedral), Lohrey (Shenandoah), Davis (Perry), Rebein (Secina)

170- Mahan (Roncalli), Klettheimer (Frankton), Coffman (U County), Saez (Westfield)

182- Farrell (Fishers), Bacon (Carmel), Morgan (Elwood), Combs (Hagerstown)

195- Allred (Shenandoah), Lane (Perry), Heldt (Carmel), Bynum (PH)

220- Cornwell (Elwood), Webster (North Mont.), Irick (HSE), Campbell (PH)

285- Watts (NC), Harris (Roncalli), Kunkleman (HSE), Keller (Clinton Central)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the most part, I like your picks.  I will be rooting for him on Saturday, but Hadley of Lapel is really going to need to step up his game from Regionals to advance.  I thought he looked a tad slow on Saturday, so I hope he can pick up the pace a bit this week.  Best of luck to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sutton047 said:

Are the bold names your predictions for winners? If so who’s your pick at 220, the only weight you didn’t bold a name

Man o Man, I really think this class is wide open. With Webster cradling Irick with what seemed with ease, and Irick beating Webster 2X previously and win over Cornwell. It's tough!  I don't know enough about Campbell but those other 3 wow, some would say Webster has to be the favorite with the last win. 

Edited by Hotdog95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

106: Cottey, Chundi, Perry, Carrender 

113: Seltzer, Pierson, White, Simone

120: Lowery, Stewart, Eldred, Moseley

126: Wagner, Walendzak, Slivka, Ross

132: Viduya, Bailey, Johnson, Brown

138: Freije, Smith, Phillips, Wilkerson

145: Mosconi, Hall, Graves, Warren

152: Noehre, Rodgers, Fair, Otto

160: Slivka, Lowe, Davis, Lohrey

170: Mahan, Klettheimer, Saez, Coffman

182: Bacon, Filipovich, Morgan, Sterrett

195: Allred, Lane, Roudebush, Bynum

220: Irick, Webster, Cornwell, Burton

285: Watts, Harris, Kunkleman, Keller

 

Team Race

1. Cathedral

2. Roncalli

3. Perry Meridian

4. Warren Central

 

Although Warren Central won the regional title last week, I don’t have them as heavily favored as Cathedral or Roncalli who left Perry Meridian with six champions. While Cathedral is my  pick to walk away with the team title, Roncalli is my sleeper pick. The Rebels are up to something.

Edited by H.B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

106: Cottey, Chundi, Perry, Anthony
113: Seltzer, Pierson, Simone, White
120: Lowery, Stewart, Eldred, Moseley
126: Wagner, Walendzak, Wilkerson, Slivka
132: Viduya, Bailey, Johnson, Naselroad
138: Freije, Smith, Wilson, Wilkerson
145: Hall, Warren, Mosconi, Graves (this weight can go 4 different ways) really tough
152: Rodgers, Noehre, Fair, Otto (top 2 can be switched)
160: Davis, Lohrey, Slivka, Lowe (another insane weight that can have 3 different champs)
170: Saez, Coffman, Mahan, Klettheimer (again a stacked weight with many possibilities) 
182: Bacon, Farrell, Morgan, Sterrett
195 Allred, Roudebush, Lane, Bynum
220: Irick, Webster, Cornwell, Campbell
285: Watts, Harris, Kunkleman, Keller
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Branden McKinney said:

106- Cottey (Perry) Perry (Warren), Chundi (Carmel), Carrender (LN)

113- Seltzer (Cathedral), Pierson (Warren), White (NP), Simone (HSE)

120- Lowary (Roncalli, Hadley (Lapel), Eldred (Westfield), Moseley (North Mont.)

126- Wagner (Zionsville), Walendzak (Cathedral), Wilkerson (MV), Brown (PH)

132- Viduya (Roncalli), Bailey (Cathedral), Brown (CCL), Johnson (North Mont.)

138- Freije (Roncalli), Phillips (Cent.), Smith (Perry), Goodwin (South)

145- Hall (SD), Mosconi (Cathedral), Graves (Warren), Warren (Perry)  

152- Noehre (GC), Rodgers (Cathedral), Fair (Perry), Dunn (Hamilton Heights)

160- Slivka (Cathedral), Lohrey (Shenandoah), Davis (Perry), Rebein (Secina)

170- Mahan (Roncalli), Klettheimer (Frankton), Coffman (U County), Saez (Westfield)

182- Farrell (Fishers), Bacon (Carmel), Morgan (Elwood), Combs (Hagerstown)

195- Allred (Shenandoah), Lane (Perry), Heldt (Carmel), Bynum (PH)

220- Cornwell (Elwood), Webster (North Mont.), Irick (HSE), Campbell (PH)

285- Watts (NC), Harris (Roncalli), Kunkleman (HSE), Keller (Clinton Central)

I think you might be onto something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.