Ticket Round MATCHES!

navy80

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

EVANSVILLE!

113 Sutton versus Watson and winner gets Alstott  WOW!

120 Conley versus Scott and winner has Gardner WOW!!!

120 Casebolt versus Montgomery first round!! WOW

120 Boarmen and Littell in the semi finals

138 Cash versus Rooks in ticket.. wow. tough draw for Cash, again.

160 Ruhlman versus Sollars

160 Shank versus Deters

170 South and Blubaugh in the semis

182 Brewer and Rodgers ticket

182 Carson and McKemper ticket

220 Botle and Dodson

285 Haire and Sidibe

Cash vs. Rooks Ticket Round

Justice Cash has been around a long time and is very dangerous with his skill. If anything he’s a bad draw. It would not surprise me if Cash throws a couple wrenches Rooks way . 

Yes, I think this is his 3rd year in a row of tough ticket rounds . 

The Notorious 

Edited by TeamGarcia

50 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Justice Cash has been around a long time and is very dangerous with his skill. If anything he’s a bad draw. It would not surprise me if Cash throws a couple wrenches Rooks way . 

The Notorious 

his match vs Boe last year was a good 1!

17 minutes ago, MattM said:

He’s had great matches last two years but has fallen short on both.  Rough go for him this year too. 

The ticket round alone is responsible for more broken hearts than females are...myself included a few times over... it's the most awesome/ sad 2 hours in HS sports. 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

22 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

The ticket round alone is responsible for more broken hearts than females are...myself included a few times over... it's the most awesome/ sad 2 hours in HS sports. 

LOVE IT!! I also LOVE Friday night. So awesome to see everyone wrestling balls out! You mess up or concerned about losing weight or the person you are wrestling you lose. So pumped to watch and coach another year of it :)

Just now, Cosgrove said:

LOVE IT!! I also LOVE Friday night. So awesome to see everyone wrestling balls out! You mess up or concerned about losing weight or the person you are wrestling you lose. So pumped to watch and coach another year of it :)

the facet of it being so unpredictable is worth admission alone. 

10 minutes ago, JDGreathouse said:

113: Cole Ross (Mater Dei) v. Nicolas Castelluccio (Bloomington South) is also a tough ticket round matchup.

Those two teams wrestled each other in early December. Anyone remember the result?  I know Ross was undefeated that day but note sure if those two wrestled or not.

30 minutes ago, backtothemat said:

Those two teams wrestled each other in early December. Anyone remember the result?  I know Ross was undefeated that day but note sure if those two wrestled or not.

On that note, another potential ticket round match with Tristan Ruhlman and Gabe Sollars is a rematch.  Ruhlman won the first time 6-2. 

And at 138, Jaden Reynolds beat Blaine Mayer 4-2 in December.  The ticket round could provide a rematch there as well.

Edited by SWINfan

Some ticket round/first round matches at New Castle. Always a meat grinder!

Carrender LN vs Otto SD/ Anthony Frank

Necessary Ri/ Crousore HSE vs Dickey Cath/ Perry WC

Chundi Carmel vs Glithero Ron

Seltzer Cath vs Haggerty Perry

Gordon Law/ Hughes LN vs Hooper Carmel/ White NP

Pierson WC vs Jefferson LC

Owens NC/ Hadley Lapel vs Stewart WC

Galbraith NCent vs Mosley NMont

Stapleton Law vs Walendzak Cath

Slivka Ron bs Brown PH

Wilkerson MV vs Ross WC

Bailey Cath vs Beatty WC

Johnson NMont vs Bryant NCent

Holman Carmel vs Smith Perry

Phillips Cent vs Rowlett WC/ Wilson Cath

Theriot Carmel vs Warren Perry

Graves WC vs Dunasky GCath

Hall SD vs Leavell LC

Rodgers Cath vs Coleman WC

Lowe NMont vs Harrington NCent

Slivka Cath/ Taylor WC vs Hiner HSE

Saez West vs Wagner Cath

Mahan Ron vs Kendrix MV/ Calderon Cent

Coffman UC vs Lowe NMont

Klettheimer Frankton vs Hart Carmel

Flipovich Luth vs Todd PH/ Farrell Fish

Combs Hag vs Sterrett MV

Heldt Carmel vs Roudebush Tipton

Mitchell WC/ Guhl Cath vs Irick HSE

Webster NMont vs Young FCent

Browning North vs Campbell PH

Watts NCent vs Hubbard WC/ Williams Carmel

6 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

The Notorious 

Mr Notorious / Mr Garcia

I would look at this match up from a different direction. Cade Rooks received the bad draw , Rooks did everything he could do to get the best draw possible , he won his sectional and regional but receives a highly ranked kid in the ticket round . I am not sure why on this board we victimize the kids that did not win their regionals , how about the kids that did do everything they were suppose to do and receive these draws? ( I would love to see the 1’s and 2’s in semistate and state seeded ) I will go with Rooks in this match up .. I think he is a seasoned veteran, I am not doubting Mr Cash is a dangerous opponent but Mr Rooks is dangerous in his own way ..

4 minutes ago, Topdogwrestling said:

Mr Notorious / Mr Garcia

I would look at this match up from a different direction. Cade Rooks received the bad draw , Rooks did everything he could do to get the best draw possible , he won his sectional and regional but receives a highly ranked kid in the ticket round . I am not sure why on this board we victimize the kids that did not win their regionals , how about the kids that did do everything they were suppose to do and receive these draws? ( I would love to see the 1’s and 2’s in semistate and state seeded ) I will go with Rooks in this match up .. I think he is a seasoned veteran, I am not doubting Mr Cash is a dangerous opponent but Mr Rooks is dangerous in his own way ..

Ok.... I agree. Just trying to give Cash some cred.

Facts

Now over the decade I’ve been watching these Champs wrestle going all the way back peewee years with Cash & Rooks. The ISWA years through grade school, Middle School years now in High School . I can put $ on it they have wrestled before over that decade and I’m sure Cash has a few wins . This isn’t his first rodeo. As I stated up there Cash knows what’s he’s doing on the mat . Actually my son Asa has been beaten by both these wrestlers threw the years . When I said Cash is a bad draw. It’s because they have a long, long history. 

I think you got me confused with someone that don’t know what he’s talking about these wrestlers . 

3AE44ED1-E15C-4D79-BA9A-5F57AF1A3F73.gif

Roudebush of Tipton didn’t do himself any favors by getting upset in the finals of Regional.  But it is difficult to beat a good wrestler like Bynum for a third time.  (Bynum looked really good in that match!). Who would the winner of Roudebush/Heldt wrestle in the round-to-go ... or is THAT the round-to-go?

Edited by piscis1956
More to type

8 hours ago, piscis1956 said:

Roudebush of Tipton didn’t do himself any favors by getting upset in the finals of Regional.  But it is difficult to beat a good wrestler like Bynum for a third time.  (Bynum looked really good in that match!). Who would the winner of Roudebush/Heldt wrestle in the round-to-go ... or is THAT the round-to-go?

That is a ticket round match.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.