Jump to content
TeamGarcia

Evansville Semi- State

Recommended Posts

Just now, nk140 said:

It is very hard to believe but this is Doane's first year on the high school team. He just did the freestyle/greco until now.

Really.... dnk that. Trust me ... I know who he is. Some don’t and will be overlooked. Shhhhh..... 🤐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, nk140 said:

It is very hard to believe but this is Doane's first year on the high school team. He just did the freestyle/greco until now.

Wow.  That's pretty incredible...and I'd say unusual!  Down here in Texas where we just moved if we want to do any freestyle / greco then we have to travel for 3 hours.  

Of course, in Texas 3 hours away is "Right Next Door".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Of coarse you didn’t, why wouldn’t I pick them ? Might be because the second toughest schedule in the State. They wrestled in the toughest Sectional, Regional. They seen the best for the past 3 months, my kids go there, they been tested right . 

Must be upset I only picked a few of EMD wrestlers to make it. I’d say something to . Go ahead make your own picks homer. 

 

The Notorious 

Don't get your panties in a wad buddy. Can't get angry at someone for saying their opinion. Oh yeah btw, I don't see avon sending 9 through either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doane likely would have placed or been a state qualifier by now if he would have wrestled his first three years in high school. But, we will see this weekend if he can still pull it off because Asbury is a seasoned veteran on the best dual team in Indiana. Doane is definitely the underdog here. Winner wins the ticket round and punches their ticket to state.

 

AVON advances 5 wrestlers minimum and 8 maximum

106- Advances places 3rd

120- Wow.. IF Conley can advance I'll be impressed but that's a tall task. 

126- Advances 1st place

132-Advances 1st place

138- 50/50 chance and if Avon wins He'll place 3rd or 4th. 

145-Loses in ticket round

152- Advances should place 1st or 2nd

182- Advances should place 1st

220- 50/50 chance and if Avon wins He'll place 3rd or 4th. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went through the brackets at lunch.  Here are my picks in order

106:  Freeman, Miller, Garcia, Mirlanes

113:  Ross, Dalton, Watson, Nelson

120:  Boarman, Montgomery, Littell, Gardner (Before Team Garcia calls me a homer again, I fully acknowledge that I am a homer with this pick and Littell can definitely win)

126:  Rioux, Egli, Lawhead, Meier

132:  Garcia, Boe, Campbell, Egli (Look at that, I picked two Avon kids in a row!!)

138:  Rooks, Sego, Kreitzer, Mayer

145:  Lee, Fulks, Kervin, Koontz

152:  Dickens, Schoenegge, Conley, Ross

160:  Pruett, Asbury, Ruhlman, Schank

170:  South, Parkinson, Blubaugh, Jean-Baptist

182:  Brewer, Bellemy, Kemper, Nix

195:  Nunn, Kenny, Willham, Wampler

220:  Bolte, Aiken, Stewart, Pinaire

285:  Keys, Sidibe, Biddle, Kramer

 

I have Brownsburg with 10 Qualifiers, MD with 9, Avon and Bloom South with 5 each.  Looks like a two horse race for the championship with Brownsburg and MD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RKS22 said:

Don't get your panties in a wad buddy. Can't get angry at someone for saying their opinion. Oh yeah btw, I don't see avon sending 9 through either.

Pistol agree with you to @RKS22 . @TeamGarcia is so angry right now those panties hurt so much. Such a Homer picking all 9 Avon guys . Take that @TeamGarcia cause you said Pistol was spotted down in Evansville hold up Sectional brackets. Wrong Hater !  Pistol was in Madison County hold up their Sectional brackets to stay on . You think you know Pistol. 

 

Woooo.... Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

Pistol Pete 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nk140 said:

It is very hard to believe but this is Doane's first year on the high school team. He just did the freestyle/greco until now.

Had some injuries as well, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MD92 said:

Went through the brackets at lunch.  Here are my picks in order

106:  Freeman, Miller, Garcia, Mirlanes

113:  Ross, Dalton, Watson, Nelson

120:  Boarman, Montgomery, Littell, Gardner (Before Team Garcia calls me a homer again, I fully acknowledge that I am a homer with this pick and Littell can definitely win)

126:  Rioux, Egli, Lawhead, Meier

132:  Garcia, Boe, Campbell, Egli (Look at that, I picked two Avon kids in a row!!)

138:  Rooks, Sego, Kreitzer, Mayer

145:  Lee, Fulks, Kervin, Koontz

152:  Dickens, Schoenegge, Conley, Ross

160:  Pruett, Asbury, Ruhlman, Schank

170:  South, Parkinson, Blubaugh, Jean-Baptist

182:  Brewer, Bellemy, Kemper, Nix

195:  Nunn, Kenny, Willham, Wampler

220:  Bolte, Aiken, Stewart, Pinaire

285:  Keys, Sidibe, Biddle, Kramer

 

I have Brownsburg with 10 Qualifiers, MD with 9, Avon and Bloom South with 5 each.  Looks like a two horse race for the championship with Brownsburg and MD.

Pistol agrees with @TeamGarcia , your a Homer of Mater Dei like he is of Avon. 

 

Wooooo... Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

Pistol Pete 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MD92 said:

Went through the brackets at lunch.  Here are my picks in order

106:  Freeman, Miller, Garcia, Mirlanes

113:  Ross, Dalton, Watson, Nelson

120:  Boarman, Montgomery, Littell, Gardner (Before Team Garcia calls me a homer again, I fully acknowledge that I am a homer with this pick and Littell can definitely win)

126:  Rioux, Egli, Lawhead, Meier

132:  Garcia, Boe, Campbell, Egli (Look at that, I picked two Avon kids in a row!!)

138:  Rooks, Sego, Kreitzer, Mayer

145:  Lee, Fulks, Kervin, Koontz

152:  Dickens, Schoenegge, Conley, Ross

160:  Pruett, Asbury, Ruhlman, Schank

170:  South, Parkinson, Blubaugh, Jean-Baptist

182:  Brewer, Bellemy, Kemper, Nix

195:  Nunn, Kenny, Willham, Wampler

220:  Bolte, Aiken, Stewart, Pinaire

285:  Keys, Sidibe, Biddle, Kramer

 

I have Brownsburg with 10 Qualifiers, MD with 9, Avon and Bloom South with 5 each.  Looks like a two horse race for the championship with Brownsburg and MD.

Milanes over Newman? I may be mistaken but I think Newman pinned him first go around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newman wrestled a Jasper kid in the finals at Big 8 conference 

1st period - Newman TD2, Jasper Kid E1, Newman TD2.

2nd period - Jasper kid's choice. Defers. Newman takes Bottom - Newman R2 - Newman NF3 - Newman FALL

Just saying, if that Jasper kid was Milanes I wouldn't be betting your house on that upset BUT anything can happen.

Edited by IWFTKWC11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Region Rat I can not be a Homer, so here are my picks.

106: Freeman, Miller, Garcia, Newman
113: Watson, ,Nelson, Ross, Dalton
120: Littell, Montgomery, Boarman, Conley
126: Rioux, Egli, Conway, Clark
132: Garcia, Campbell, Boe, Fuqua
138: Rooks, Kreitzer, Mayer, Sego
145: Lee, Burdon, Kervin, Koontz
152: Dickens, Conley, Schoenegge, Ross
160: Pruett, ,Deters, Ruhlman, Ashbury
170: South, parkinson, Blubaugh, Jean-baptist
182: Brewer, Bellemy, Carson, Nix
195: Nunn, Wampler, Willham, Carrier
220: Bolte, Aiken, Williams, Howell
285: Sidibe, Keys, Biddle, Gentry

7 Avon wrestlers  advancing, 9 Brownsburg, and 8 MD
MD, Avon, CE, and CG all with 3 champs each.

Edited by Sig40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sig40 said:

As a Region Rat I can not be a Homer, so here are my picks.

106: Freeman, Miller, Garcia, Newman
113: Watson, ,Nelson, Ross, Dalton
120: Littell, Montgomery, Boarman, Conley
126: Rioux, Egli, Conway, Clark
132: Garcia, Campbell, Boe, Fuqua
138: Rooks, Kreitzer, Mayer, Sego
145: Lee, Burdon, Kervin, Koontz
152: Dickens, Conley, Schoenegge, Ross
160: Pruett, ,Deters, Ruhlman, Ashbury
170: South, parkinson, Blubaugh, Jean-baptist
182: Brewer, Bellemy, Carson, Nix
195: Nunn, Wampler, Willham, Carrier
220: Bolte, Aiken, Williams, Howell
285: Sidibe, Keys, Biddle, Gentry

7 Avon wrestlers  advancing, 9 Brownsburg
MD, Avon, CE, and CG all with 3 champs each.

Hector your really stretching it here with your ties with Brownsburg . I call #undercoverhomer 😂

I like your picks though . Wait till I pick Da Region . 

 

The Notorious

Edited by TeamGarcia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Hector your really stretching it here with your ties with Brownsburg . I call #undercoverhomer 😂

I like your picks though . Wait till I pick Da Region . 

 

The Notorious

I know Miller will claim that the 6th grade state championship run with Brownsburg gives them some sort of rights over Jesse... so maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sig40 said:

I know Miller will claim that the 6th grade state championship run with Brownsburg gives them some sort of rights over Jesse... so maybe

@JMILL will now tell us the truth of your pick shenanigans your trying to pull on us once the State Series is over cause he’s a bit up tight nervous wreck as most Freshman dads are during this time of year. He’ll reply back in 2 weeks Sunday morning. 😂

 

The Notorious 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously it wasn't murderers row at Bloomington South @ 132, but a shoutout to unranked super frosh Ian Giesler (28-5) of Jasper who won the title comfortably over Gabriel Recknor (29-8) of Terre Haute South by a 12-2 major decision. He faces a tall task however in a potential blood round matchup with Drake Campbell (33-8) of Brownsburg. Kind of an under the radar match-up in which Campbell will be noticeably favored but could have his hands full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

106-Garcia,Freeman,Miller,Newman

113-Ross,KT,Dalton,Alstott

120-Boarman,Scott,Montgomery,Little

126-Rioux,Egli,Clark,Lawhead

132-Garcia, Egli,Boe,Campbell

138-Mayer,Rooks,Farmer,Kreitzer

145-Lee,Kervin,Koontz,Burdon

152-Dickens,Ross,Conley,Schoenegge

160-Sollars,Deters,Doane,Pruett

170-Parkinson,Blubaugh,TJB,South

182-Nix,Brewer,Bellemy,Kemper

195-Nunn,Wampler,Carrier,Wilham

220-Stewart,Bolte,Pinaire,Aiken 

285-Brievogel,Sidibe,Keys,Kramer

no particular order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I thought the brackets on track were suppose to be out today.. thank god for Joe's brackets. 

Something fishy going on. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I thought the brackets on track were suppose to be out today.. thank god for Joe's brackets. 

You ain’t just whistling Dixie. The “Where the H are the semi state brackets on Track?” would be the hottest topic in weeks,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I thought the brackets on track were suppose to be out today.. thank god for Joe's brackets. 

Something fishy going on. Lol

It’s now showing 11:00 tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.