Evansville Semi- State

TeamGarcia

Just some info from us here at the Ford Center. I will be there all day Saturday, so if you have any problems, questions, or just want to say hi send me a PM. I will be checking messages periodically. I look forward to this event every year since it is no doubt the best event we host all year, but I may be biased. 

-Mark

• Parking and general information about the arena can be found at www.thefordcenter.com
  • Wrestlers can enter the arena at 7:30am for weigh ins. Wrestlers and coaches will enter at the interior ticket office lobby (to the far right of the main lobby doors) to check in and head back. You will pick up your credentials here.
  • The only coolers allowed are for wrestlers and must enter at the check in table through the interior ticket lobby. Coolers must then be taken in to the hospitality room or the surrounding hallways and stay out of the general public areas at all times. Please don't abuse this, we would hate to have to ban coolers in the future. 
  •  NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK for anyone else is allowed inside unfortunately. Not my rules, just standard building policy.
  • Public doors open at 8:00am CST. Enter on Main Street through the main lobby. We will look to create a separate door/entrance for those that already have tickets.
  • There is NO onsite parking. Please do not have any team vehicles attempt to park in the loading dock or attached outer lot. These are reserved spots.
  • There is no public Wi-Fi.
  • Tickets are $10 cash at the door. Premium loge seats are available for purchase now and on event day:                             They are $40 pre-event at the Ford Center ticket office. This includes one entry in to the arena, a nice reserved seat at the top of the lower bowl, and $20 worth of food vouchers you can use at the concession stands. They are $30 once you get in the door (obviously doesn't include your entry ticket since you will already be inside) available first come first serve, cash only, at our guest service location near section 101 on the concourse. This includes a reserved seat in the loge area and $10 in food vouchers. There is an ATM in the lobby if you need to get some cash out.
  • Please do not jump over the dasher walls to access the floor. They try to control access to the floor, so you need to enter from the lower level hallway under section 103. I like the boys that literally jump the wall over the sign and tear it down in the process. You wouldn't jump the wall at Banker's Life would you? 😉
  • The hospitality room for officials, etc. will be in the Corner Club. Enter from the main lobby and hang a right at lower level hallway.
  • If you are going to set up a camera please do not have the cord running across the aisle. You will be made to unplug any cords running across an aisle.
  • We will have full concessions available throughout the day. Coffee and hot chocolate are also available all day as well. (get the bbq pork nachos, huge and awesome)
  • There is no smoking on or in the Ford Center property, this includes e-cigarettes.
  • Brackets will be updated throughout the day and posted on several of the 170 or so TVs located all over the arena. The brackets end up kind of small, but hey, they are everywhere and pretty cool.
  • Lastly,if you are a wrestler that loses please don't kick,throw,or punch Ford Center property. We have sent a bill for damaged property in the past. 

17 minutes ago, markio said:

Just some info from us here at the Ford Center. I will be there all day Saturday, so if you have any problems, questions, or just want to say hi send me a PM. I will be checking messages periodically. I look forward to this event every year since it is no doubt the best event we host all year, but I may be biased. 

-Mark

• Parking and general information about the arena can be found at www.thefordcenter.com
  • Wrestlers can enter the arena at 7:30am for weigh ins. Wrestlers and coaches will enter at the interior ticket office lobby (to the far right of the main lobby doors) to check in and head back. You will pick up your credentials here.
  • The only coolers allowed are for wrestlers and must enter at the check in table through the interior ticket lobby. Coolers must then be taken in to the hospitality room or the surrounding hallways and stay out of the general public areas at all times. Please don't abuse this, we would hate to have to ban coolers in the future. 
  •  NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK for anyone else is allowed inside unfortunately. Not my rules, just standard building policy.
  • Public doors open at 8:00am CST. Enter on Main Street through the main lobby. We will look to create a separate door/entrance for those that already have tickets.
  • There is NO onsite parking. Please do not have any team vehicles attempt to park in the loading dock or attached outer lot. These are reserved spots.
  • Tickets are $10 cash at the door. Premium loge seats are available for purchase now and on event day:                             They are $40 pre-event at the Ford Center ticket office. This includes one entry in to the arena, a nice reserved seat at the top of the lower bowl, and $20 worth of food vouchers you can use at the concession stands. They are $30 once you get in the door (obviously doesn't include your entry ticket since you will already be inside) available first come first serve, cash only, at our guest service location near section 101 on the concourse. This includes a reserved seat in the loge area and $10 in food vouchers. There is an ATM in the lobby if you need to get some cash out.
  • Please do not jump over the dasher walls to access the floor. They try to control access to the floor, so you need to enter from the lower level hallway under section 103. I like the boys that literally jump the wall over the sign and tear it down in the process. You wouldn't jump the wall at Banker's Life would you? 😉
  • The hospitality room for officials, etc. will be in the Corner Club. Enter from the main lobby and hang a right at lower level hallway.
  • If you are going to set up a camera please do not have the cord running across the aisle. You will be made to unplug any cords running across an aisle.
  • We will have full concessions available throughout the day. Coffee and hot chocolate are also available all day as well. (get the bbq pork nachos, huge and awesome)
  • There is no smoking on or in the Ford Center property, this includes e-cigarettes.
  • Brackets will be updated throughout the day and posted on several of the 170 or so TVs located all over the arena. The brackets end up kind of small, but hey, they are everywhere and pretty cool.
  • Lastly,if you are a wrestler that loses please don't kick,throw,or punch Ford Center property. We have sent a bill for damaged property in the past. 

•  

thank you sir! Really looking forward to Saturday..As a New Castle Semi State homer, I gotta admit I enjoyed last year's event at Evansville and imho just as good if not better than my experience at NC.. The seating,flow of tournament and most of all stadium food is Excellent!  Thanks for the info Mark.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

1 hour ago, markio said:

-Mark

•  

•  

If you are going to spend money on food throughout the day, I recommend the Loge seating option, especially for comfort.  If you aren't sure, buy your ticket to get in and check it out once you get inside.  If you aren't in a suite, it's the next best thing!

Free ...... Sleeper Pick

Mooresville 126- Breken Greene 

I picked him to go to State on 2 things .

1. Went through his results last week at Regionals.  He went 3 periods (5-3) loss with a 2x State Champ Brayden Curtis that told me the kid has desire, heart . So he can wrestle with the best of them on the mat. 

2. He’s pretty good, watched a couple matches at Regionals. He comes in as a 3 seed a underdog in a pretty loaded 126 bracket, asked myself what if he comes in with that same desire at the Ford Center he showed vs. Curtis . Has nothing to lose. Little things like that caught my eye about this Champ . Keep a eye on this kid this Saturday. 

The Notorious 

23 hours ago, Sig40 said:

I know Miller will claim that the 6th grade state championship run with Brownsburg gives them some sort of rights over Jesse... so maybe

I mean lets be serious @Sig40 jesse was really not very good until he got some @Fabio Jr. coaching that year and his game seemed to get to the next level from there, but I am a #homer I guess.... hahahahahahaha 

#Weisjahn

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

Free ...... Sleeper Pick

1. Went through his results last week at Regionals.  He went 3 periods (5-3) loss with a 2x State Champ Brayden Curtis that told me the kid has desire, heart . So he can wrestle with the best of them on the mat. 

2. He’s pretty good, watched a couple matches at Regionals. He comes in as a 3 seed a underdog in a pretty loaded 126 bracket, asked myself what if he comes in with that same desire at the Ford Center he showed vs. Curtis . Has nothing to lose. Little things like that caught my eye about this Champ . Keep a eye on this kid this Saturday. 

The Notorious 

Have to agree with the notorious one. Greene may be the one to beat in that quarter. 

1 hour ago, JMILL said:

I mean lets be serious @Sig40 jesse was really not very good until he got some @Fabio Jr. coaching that year and his game seemed to get to the next level from there, but I am a #homer I guess.... hahahahahahaha 

#Weisjahn

Nick:

Where you at bro?!  Indianamat HS forum MISSES YOU!

Baxter's Dad

3 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Free ...... Sleeper Pick

The Notorious 

Great pick here. Breken was in the MS program when I was coaching at Mooresville and in the off-season at club practices kid would scrap with Seniors like it was nothing. Tons of heart, some good technique too. Gotta root for this kid. He has another teammate that was literally 4th string JV 220 as a Freshman, a backup last year and now is in Semi-State (and is a cadet state champ this past season) in Robbie Gentry at 285. Great attitude, fun kid. Two athletes I’ll definitely be pulling for while coaching in New Castle.

Edited by Coach Brobst
Spelling

5 hours ago, markio said:

-Mark

•  

$10 for a spectacular event

$5 for a bottle water(rip off). So be sure to drink a plethora of water of a beverage of your choosing before entering. 

BBQ pulled pork nachos $9.50 but they’re good and a portion goes to a good cause I do believe. Or get FCFighters favorite: fries and chicken strips. 

2 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

$10 for a spectacular event

$5 for a bottle water(rip off). So be sure to drink a plethora of water of a beverage of your choosing before entering. 

BBQ pulled pork nachos $9.50 but they’re good and a portion goes to a good cause I do believe. Or get FCFighters favorite: fries and chicken strips. 

The concessions behind section 120 (at the north end of the arena) will be ran by the Mater Dei marching band. It is at great fund raiser for the schools band.

2 hours ago, IMrule said:

The concessions behind section 120 (at the north end of the arena) will be ran by the Mater Dei marching band. It is at great fund raiser for the schools band.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll be sure to hit that one up. Be sure to hit up the Nacho stand as I’ve mentioned before. A little behind this as I believe. Portion go to what I’m anout to explain: 

its generally ran by members of Boom Squad. This is a group that was founded by a local attorney and wanted to find a way to not only give back to the community, but to help underprivileged kids. The kids come from broken homes, homes with legal battles and so forth. Mr. Miller bought an old bldg and renovated it, stocked it with Drums and opened the doors to help get kids into a positive environment for a couple hours a day. He’s done this for several years now and my family has also donated our time there(great learning experience and teaching tool for my boys). His fundraisers and donations help fund trips for his “boys” to travel all over the place like to Texas, New York, Ky and so forth. These boys come in and learn how to play music, bond as brothers and sisters and get so good that they get invited to these places. Since his opening of the door, he’s had several kids that turned their lives around and even got College scholarships. Amazing program. Sorry to post this on a wrestling forum but thought it was important to share cause I think it really has a same time of life learning lesson as this great sport does. Best of luck to all this weekend. 

Edited by 1prouddad

1 hour ago, markio said:

Well it’s off to bed folks, super excited about tomorrow, should be a great day of wrestling got to be at the Ford Center at 5:30 AM to get everything set up for it. Can’t wait! 

Get the streaming set up for the first match, will ya?   :)

5 hours ago, Justafanofwrestling said:

I heard a rumor Brownsburg was in a rebuilding year and didnt have a chance to repeat as SS Champions. All the hype was MD and Avon. I think someone forgot to tell Brownsburg. 

Well you heard wrong. They won team state this year and I don’t think anyone doubted them. Nice try though on your 1st post. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.