Any news about the injured wrestler from the Deaf School?

piscis1956

I was wondering the same thing.. As I watched the match I was unsure what actually happened.. But he laid there almost motionless until they came with the stretcher.. I'm sure it was standard procedure with any possible neck injury..I say neck injury because he appeared to have like a stabilizer on head and neck area... It was nice to see people clap for him as he was being taken away.. He gave the thumbs up as if he will be fine...

I didn’t see the signal for a illegal move by the ref.  I assume there must have been one.  I saw the wrestler signal that he was hurt.  Was clearly in pain although it wasn’t clear to me at first what was hurt.  I seem to remember he was lying on his side first.  I think they must have told him to lie still on his back when they realized what was hurt, i.e., his neck.

Sure hope it isn’t serious.

He was thrown on his head and he was laying flat down on his belly until they rolled him over. Two things that I want to mentioned as this was going on. Can you imagine trying to run a wrestling practice when most of us coaches are very verbal and loud in the wrestling room. My hats of to that school and the wrestlers. Job well done and you have my respect. But what my wife tells me about what some of the parents were doing in the stands has me pissed off tonight. A couple of the parents were taking pictures of the wrestler being carted off the mat in a stretcher and laughing about it. Now I don't know which school they are with but that is pretty bad. I am being kind at this moment. Coach Myers

9 hours ago, Ironbear said:

He was thrown on his head and he was laying flat down on his belly until they rolled him over. Two things that I want to mentioned as this was going on. Can you imagine trying to run a wrestling practice when most of us coaches are very verbal and loud in the wrestling room. My hats of to that school and the wrestlers. Job well done and you have my respect. But what my wife tells me about what some of the parents were doing in the stands has me pissed off tonight. A couple of the parents were taking pictures of the wrestler being carted off the mat in a stretcher and laughing about it. Now I don't know which school they are with but that is pretty bad. I am being kind at this moment. Coach Myers

that's a special kind of coward right there! 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

I spoke with DJ's uncle today at church. He stated that it was just a neck sprain, strain, etc.....He is schedule to see the doctor on Thursday and if he is cleared he will be ready to go. DJ is a great young man and he absolutely LOVES the  sport. 

I spoke with DeJavier Goodner's wrestling Coach today at the Fishers Folkstyle Tournament and he told me that DeJavier is okay and will be competing this weekend at Semi State.   I also want to let everyone know he wasn't "thrown on his head" that was stated earlier in this thread.  It was an very unfortunate situation for both kids involved, but I am very happy to hear that DeJavier is okay!!!! Our 152lbs wrestler never wanted that situation to happen and was very concerned for DeJavier and I am very proud of him on how he acted through the entire situation, knowing his HS wrestling career was over with. 

You never want to see situations like this happen, Good Luck at SemiState DeJavier. Sebastian, Great things are going to happen to you in LIFE, again I am soooo Proud of you and how you handled yourself throughout the rest of the day supporting your teammates!!! 

Coach Weimer  

Well, let me be clearer. I said thrown on his head but for the sake of having to explain every detail I just left it at that, I was standing mat side as my wrestler was next to wrestle on that mat. It looked to be exact like he hit between his head an shoulder so it was very quick and so saying he was thrown on his head was my way of me getting through it,. So he hit between his shoulder and head which split the shoulder and head apart. I hope that's better.

On 2/3/2019 at 8:58 AM, sstark said:

Anyone laughing or making jokes about anyone who is injured, let alone laying motionless, has some serious issues! I hope this young man is okay and is able to continue wrestling. Godspeed young man.

Well, I sure hope the parents who were taking pictures and laughing were laughing about something else and not AT the kid.  😟

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.