Who had a great day at regionals

JHS95151

1 hour ago, JHS95151 said:

At the Goshen Regional at 138 I would say Conner Gimson, first in the semifinals he majored #6 in the state Tanner Shoeff 16-2 and then majoring #7 in the state Nick Buchanan 11-3 in the finals.

He was definitely on fire!

4 hours ago, JHS95151 said:

At the Goshen Regional at 138 I would say Conner Gimson, first in the semifinals he majored #6 in the state Tanner Shoeff 16-2 and then majoring #7 in the state Nick Buchanan 11-3 in the finals.

Gimson, Gimson, Watts = Cerberus

Aiden Sneed of Kankakee Valley had a great day at 170. Sneed suffered a couple tough losses to end the regular season and fell out of the SS rankings. However he has been perfect in the postseason and improved his record to 31-5 after rolling up a couple pins and then knocking off state #16/ SS #4 Colin Kwiatkowski by decision 10-6. Sneed is just a sophomore, so the future is bright for this young wrestler. No KV wrestler has ever placed higher than 6th at state, but to get there expect the blood round at SS for 170 to be chock full of epic bouts. The top four from this class in the SS rankings were all from the Logansport/Penn regionals, so some lower seeds will be tough outs.

Edited by Silvertone1696

Nolan Hathaway had a great day at the Carroll regional. The heavyweight just weighing in at 208lbs came in as the 4 seed and pinned  the New Haven Sectional champ at 285 from Snider. He then lost to a really good Heavyweight Chase Leeper from Eastside who is every bit of 285, athletic, a Conference Champion, a great young man and athlete. Hathaway finished up the day with a win over the 2 seed from the New Haven Sectional from Leo, Tom Busch a 2 time Semi-state qualifier. Very proud of Nolan's efforts, his love for his coaches, teammates, and family, and his accomplishments this year. Good luck at  the Semi-State competing with the best in the surrounding areas.

20 minutes ago, TheWhiteRyno72 said:

Nolan Hathaway had a great day at the Carroll regional. The heavyweight just weighing in at 208lbs came in as the 4 seed and pinned  the New Haven Sectional champ at 285 from Snider. He then lost to a really good Heavyweight Chase Leeper from Eastside who is every bit of 285, athletic, a Conference Champion, a great young man and athlete. Hathaway finished up the day with a win over the 2 seed from the New Haven Sectional from Leo, Tom Busch a 2 time Semi-state qualifier. Very proud of Nolan's efforts, his love for his coaches, teammates, and family, and his accomplishments this year. Good luck at  the Semi-State competing with the best in the surrounding areas.

Nolan is way tougher than his dad who played basketball in high school.

1 hour ago, TheWhiteRyno72 said:

Nolan Hathaway had a great day at the Carroll regional. The heavyweight just weighing in at 208lbs came in as the 4 seed and pinned  the New Haven Sectional champ at 285 from Snider. He then lost to a really good Heavyweight Chase Leeper from Eastside who is every bit of 285, athletic, a Conference Champion, a great young man and athlete. Hathaway finished up the day with a win over the 2 seed from the New Haven Sectional from Leo, Tom Busch a 2 time Semi-state qualifier. Very proud of Nolan's efforts, his love for his coaches, teammates, and family, and his accomplishments this year. Good luck at  the Semi-State competing with the best in the surroundin

Leeper only weighed in at 283!...LOL.  Great job Nolan!  Good luck next week!

2 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Brownsburg got it done again. Those dudes win every close match. Would love to see Avon win. With that said, I can not express how much respect I have for what my neighbors do week in and week out. Super impressive! 

Brew-dog you're a good egg.  And I enjoy watching our friends to the south each week as well...even if I'm now watching the cartoon characters wrestle in one of 3 different positions on Track.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.