Teams that advanced the most wrestlers to Semi-State

Coach Brown

9 hours ago, Mat Medic said:

Boonville sets a new school record with advancing 6.

Looks like Boonville got a mix on the draws.  I like Fulks draw. Nothing is a given Inman is a returning SS Qualifier and Burdon is a returning State Qualifier.  Sutton, Overton and Mayes got proverbial death draws, Conner's draw doesn't look bad, but I don't know enough to see how he matches up against Ross.  Heuring at 220?  No clue.  Don't know enough about the guys at that weight to guess.  With some strong wrestling and a break or two, I could see Fulks back in the final against Matt Lee.

The fact that Gibson Southern is bringing the 6th most wrestlers to the Eve SS behind only Avon, Bloom South, Brownsburg, Columbus East and Mater Dei is super impressive!

They have picked up a new fan in me and I noticed that they only had 3 seniors out of the nine wrestlers they brought to the regional Saturday (8 of whom will be at the Ford Center this weekend). Tell me they wouldn’t have done some damage at team state this year in 2A. 

10 hours ago, backtothemat said:

The fact that Gibson Southern is bringing the 6th most wrestlers to the Eve SS behind only Avon, Bloom South, Brownsburg, Columbus East and Mater Dei is super impressive!

They have picked up a new fan in me and I noticed that they only had 3 seniors out of the nine wrestlers they brought to the regional Saturday (8 of whom will be at the Ford Center this weekend). Tell me they wouldn’t have done some damage at team state this year in 2A. 

Very impressive ! How many you think make it to State ? I’m not from the area to of seen any of their matches. Just asking . 

Who to look out for at Ford Center while I’m there ? 

The Notorious 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Who to watch

2 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Very impressive ! How many you think make it to State ? I’m not from the area to of seen any of their matches. Just asking . 

Who to look out for at Ford Center while I’m there ? 

The Notorious 

I’m a new fan myself. I can tell you they had no champions, 3 2nds, 3 3rds, and 2 4ths, so they have an up hill battle left to get to Bankers Life. I think an already great season gets a lot better with even one wrestler qualifying for state.  If I had to guess based on what I saw Saturday I’d say their two Jrs at 220 and 285, Macray Robinson and Aaron Breivogel have the best shot. 

Go Titans!

2 hours ago, backtothemat said:

I’m a new fan myself. I can tell you they had no champions, 3 2nds, 3 3rds, and 2 4ths, so they have an up hill battle left to get to Bankers Life. I think an already great season gets a lot better with even one wrestler qualifying for state.  If I had to guess based on what I saw Saturday I’d say their two Jrs at 220 and 285, Macray Robinson and Aaron Breivogel have the best shot. 

Go Titans!

Clay Singleton won't be an easy out in the ticket round at 160 either.  

39 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Clay Singleton won't be an easy out in the ticket round at 160 either.  

After watching Pruett beat Deters, and Deters beat Singleton, I think it's a tall task for Clay as a 3 seed to advance past that ticket round match with Pruett.

2 hours ago, backtothemat said:

After watching Pruett beat Deters, and Deters beat Singleton, I think it's a tall task for Clay as a 3 seed to advance past that ticket round match with Pruett.

Definitely not the favorite, but I don't see him as an easy out and capable of surprising for those that don't know about him.  Not disagreeing with you.

On 2/3/2019 at 7:41 PM, SWINfan said:

Looks like Boonville got a mix on the draws.  I like Fulks draw. Nothing is a given Inman is a returning SS Qualifier and Burdon is a returning State Qualifier.  Sutton, Overton and Mayes got proverbial death draws, Conner's draw doesn't look bad, but I don't know enough to see how he matches up against Ross.  Heuring at 220?  No clue.  Don't know enough about the guys at that weight to guess.  With some strong wrestling and a break or two, I could see Fulks back in the final against Matt Lee.

Did they get anyone through? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.