For those that don't follow the college board....

SWINfan

1 hour ago, SWINfan said:

I 100% agree with this.  I think Mason is at a point where he felt like he had to put on weight (to compete with the likes of Stoll, Nevills, Hemida, Jennings, etc) and that he's not where he would be optimally especially with several wrestlers that are more similar to him in style (Cassar, Steveson, etc.).  To me, Mason looked more cut than he does now.  Personally, I think he'll be much better if he wrestles in the 230-235 range (about 10 lbs lighter) and gets even stronger at that weight.  It just seems there may be some extra weight that isn't working for him the best right now.  And to be clear, I'm comparing him to Cassar and to what I think Mason will become 2-3 years from now.  I may be making it sound more drastic than I mean it to be, but I wonder if he would have been better off staying lighter this year (225-230)?  I can't answer that.  It's just a feeling I get after seeing him wrestle several times.  I look forward to seeing what he can do the next few years.  It won't be easy with Iowa adding Cassioppi and Ohip State adding Kerklivet.  But my money is MP is right there in the mix with those guys and agree on his upside.

You think Mason weighs in the 245 range?  I think that's heavy.....

Mason will be better from this match and make adjustments... slowing Cassar down is going to be a tall task but Masons head/hands D will be key in trying to do that and getting off the center line or the tracks if you will and use his speed to score with  go behinds...Casaar is a absolute stud and Mason might not beat him but imho can make it closer and fend off more of Cassars attacks next time.. just my 2 pennies 

Lots of updates from wrestlers at schools from NAIA, NCAA DI, DII, & DIII and a full list of everyone from Indiana who is ranked in all of those Divisions.  Step over to the college board and see how some of your favorite former IN HS studs are doing.  Current rankings on page 3.

Hoosiers in College Results/Updates 2019

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.