Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wrestleliferfan

Semi State Question

Recommended Posts

Number 1's wrestle number 4's and number 2's wrestle number 3's but we wont know which regionals are paired for each weight until probably Sunday or later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will draw for which regionals are paired, but won't be released until after regionals so coaches/athletes don't try to manipulate the results in their favor to avoid certain matchups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BClark said:

They will draw for which regionals are paired, but won't be released until after regionals so coaches/athletes don't try to manipulate the results in their favor to avoid certain matchups.

To clarify, The drawing is not the same for all weights.  By that I mean, it is not New Castle paired with Ft. Wayne across the board in all 14 weights?  If I recall correctly, each weight is different.  I'm not sure exactly how that is determined, whether it is a separate draw for each weight class or if one class is drawn and a rotation follows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

To clarify, The drawing is not the same for all weights.  By that I mean, it is not New Castle paired with Ft. Wayne across the board in all 14 weights?  If I recall correctly, each weight is different.  I'm not sure exactly how that is determined, whether it is a separate draw for each weight class or if one class is drawn and a rotation follows.

Here is an example from the past to years at Evansville SS....

2018
106-126 - Castle (EV) vs. Bloomington South (BS) & Mooresville (MO) vs. Jeffersonville (JF)
132-160 - EV vs. MO & BS vs. JF
170-220 - EV vs, JF & BS vs. MO
285        - EV vs. MO & BS vs. JF

2017 - a bit more random
106 - 113 - EV vs. MO & BS vs. JF
120 - 126 - EV vs BS & MO vs. JF
132          - EV vs. JF & BS vs. MO
138 - 145 - EV vs. BS & MO vs. JF
152          - EV vs. MO & BS vs. JF
160          - EV vs. JF & BS vs. MO
170          - EV vs. MO & BS vs. JF
182          - EV vs. JF & BS vs. MO
195          - EV vs. MO & BS vs. JF
220          - EV vs. JF & BS vs. MO
285          - EV vs. MO & BS vs. JF 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Here is an example from the past to years at Evansville SS....

2018
106-126 - Castle (EV) vs. Bloomington South (BS) & Mooresville (MO) vs. Jeffersonville (JF)
132-160 - EV vs. MO & BS vs. JF
170-220 - EV vs, JF & BS vs. MO
285        - EV vs. MO & BS vs. JF

2017 - a bit more random
106 - 113 - EV vs. MO & BS vs. JF
120 - 126 - EV vs BS & MO vs. JF
132          - EV vs. JF & BS vs. MO
138 - 145 - EV vs. BS & MO vs. JF
152          - EV vs. MO & BS vs. JF
160          - EV vs. JF & BS vs. MO
170          - EV vs. MO & BS vs. JF
182          - EV vs. JF & BS vs. MO
195          - EV vs. MO & BS vs. JF
220          - EV vs. JF & BS vs. MO
285          - EV vs. MO & BS vs. JF 

2018 seems very peculiar......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TThere are 12 different bracket combinations

A, B, C, D = Regional or SS
1, 2, 3, 4 = Placement
For instance A1B4 is a first round match with the A regional's 1st place finisher and B regional's 4th place finisher.

A1B4 C3D2  B1A4 D3C2  C1D4 A3B2  D1C4 B3A2
A1B4 C3D2  B1A4 D3C2  C1D4 B3A2  D1C4 A3B2
A1B4 D3C2  B1A4 C3D2  C1D4 A3B2  D1C4 B3A2
A1B4 D3C2  B1A4 C3D2  C1D4 B3A2  D1C4 A3B2
A1C4 B3D2  C1A4 D3B2  B1D4 A3C2  D1B4 C3A2
A1C4 B3D2  C1A4 D3B2  B1D4 C3A2  D1B4 A3C2
A1C4 D3B2  C1A4 B3D2  B1D4 A3C2  D1B4 C3A2
A1C4 D3B2  C1A4 B3D2  B1D4 C3A2  D1B4 A3C2
A1D4 B3C2  D1A4 C3B2  B1C4 A3D2  C1B4 D3A2
A1D4 B3C2  D1A4 C3B2  B1C4 D3A2  C1B4 A3D2
A1D4 C3B2  D1A4 B3C2  B1C4 A3D2  C1B4 D3A2
A1D4 C3B2  D1A4 B3C2  B1C4 D3A2  C1B4 A3D2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

TThere are 12 different bracket combinations

A, B, C, D = Regional or SS
1, 2, 3, 4 = Placement
For instance A1B4 is a first round match with the A regional's 1st place finisher and B regional's 4th place finisher.

A1B4 C3D2  B1A4 D3C2  C1D4 A3B2  D1C4 B3A2
A1B4 C3D2  B1A4 D3C2  C1D4 B3A2  D1C4 A3B2
A1B4 D3C2  B1A4 C3D2  C1D4 A3B2  D1C4 B3A2
A1B4 D3C2  B1A4 C3D2  C1D4 B3A2  D1C4 A3B2
A1C4 B3D2  C1A4 D3B2  B1D4 A3C2  D1B4 C3A2
A1C4 B3D2  C1A4 D3B2  B1D4 C3A2  D1B4 A3C2
A1C4 D3B2  C1A4 B3D2  B1D4 A3C2  D1B4 C3A2
A1C4 D3B2  C1A4 B3D2  B1D4 C3A2  D1B4 A3C2
A1D4 B3C2  D1A4 C3B2  B1C4 A3D2  C1B4 D3A2
A1D4 B3C2  D1A4 C3B2  B1C4 D3A2  C1B4 A3D2
A1D4 C3B2  D1A4 B3C2  B1C4 A3D2  C1B4 D3A2
A1D4 C3B2  D1A4 B3C2  B1C4 D3A2  C1B4 A3D2

 

 

F3097987-615F-41F9-9FC9-BE2FA8546E69.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the past 7 years...here is some interesting data

First round match-ups, you can replace any of the semi-states by putting the regionals in alphabetical order

Carroll Calumet Bloom South North Mont
Goshen Crown Point Castle Pend Heights
Jay County Logan Jeff Perry Meridian
Peru Rochester Mooresville Richmond

 

    Car Gosh JC Peru
    A1 B1 C1 D1
Carroll A4 0 28 44 26
Goshen B4 28 0 26 44
Jay Cty C4 44 26 0 28
Peru D4 26 44 28 0

What 2nd place is in your quarter bracket if you are a #1

    Car Gosh JC Peru
    A1 B1 C1 D1
Carroll A2 0 44 26 28
Goshen B2 44 0 28 26
Jay Cty C2 26 28 0 44
Peru D2 28 26 44 0

 

What 3rd place is in your quarter bracket if you are a #1

    Car Gosh JC Peru
    A1 B1 C1 D1
Carroll A3 0 26 28 44
Goshen B3 26 0 44 28
Jay Cty C3 28 44 0 26
Peru D3 44 28 26 0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens if I get 3rd place at my regional but the 2nd place guy can’t go?  He either missed weight or was hurt for instance.  Do I then bump up and get the 2nd place draw?  Could see this backfiring sometimes if the 3rd place draw was better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, purdue02 said:

What happens if I get 3rd place at my regional but the 2nd place guy can’t go?  He either missed weight or was hurt for instance.  Do I then bump up and get the 2nd place draw?  Could see this backfiring sometimes if the 3rd place draw was better!

Yes. 

It can. It has. 

Edited by MattM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.