Weight allowance

jason

1 hour ago, jason said:

If Schools are closed  Wednesday and Thursday.  Would there be a weight allowance for Saturday regionals?

Depends on if teams can practice Friday. If they are out Friday, I believe the max they would get would be 2 pounds so 106 would be 110. If all school are able to practice, then no additional weight would be allowed.

1 hour ago, LionsFan said:

Depends on if teams can practice Friday. If they are out Friday, I believe the max they would get would be 2 pounds so 106 would be 110. If all school are able to practice, then no additional weight would be allowed.

I thought if school is in session Friday then no additional poundage.

11 minutes ago, backtothemat said:

I thought if school is in session Friday then no additional poundage.

The allowance is based on all schools being able to practice, not if all schools are in session.   Obviously if you are in session you will likely be able to practice.  However, if some schools are not in session, yet they are all still able to practice later that day then the additional allowance is not issued.  

Edited by MattM

8 minutes ago, MattM said:

The allowance is based on all schools being able to practice, not if all schools are in session.   Obviously if you are in session you will likely be able to practice.  However, if some schools are not in session, yet they are all still able to practice later that day then the additional allowance is not issued.  

So, if school is out all week except for Friday and all schools are in session, no additional poundage, correct?

3 minutes ago, backtothemat said:

So, if school is out all week except for Friday and all schools are in session, no additional poundage, correct?

If they all are able to get a practice in on Friday then according to the wording of the rules no additional allowance.  Guessing the IHSAA would have to make a judgement for that to be overturned.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.