Regional 4's over 1's

Hotdog95

1 minute ago, Hotdog95 said:

At North Montgomery 113: #4 Bautista over #1 Hall. Bautista has beaten him 2x this year both in great back & forth matches. This will be another great meeting no doubt. 

What happened at sectional that Bautista is a 4 seed at regional?

On 1/30/2019 at 3:22 PM, johnathanspencer said:

I could see 3 maybe 4 at Evansville North Regional.  Always seems to happen that way with the Central Sectional being so much tougher than Castle's.  First round is always a good one at this Regional!

What 3 or 4 do you see happening ?

Ok just looked and think Nate Morgan (MV) could pull upset.  Know he was pretty sick last weekend and didn't wrestle very well.  I think he is better than he showed.  Not sure if I have his seed right but Willman (NP) injury defaulted I believe in 3rd place match and may be better than he showed if he can get a little healthier this week.  At 106 the NP kid could possibly give West (Memorial) a tough match but not really sure.  Just know those NP kids are never an easy out.  And they are used to being in big matches: Team State and MD Holiday Classic each year.  These are not predictions but just possibilities.  Either way I think some very good 1st round matches to be had tomorrow at Evansville North. 

I agree with all those, Morgan was a SSQ last season, haven't seen much of him this year, but he will be a tough 4. There are two Willman's (170 and 182), I believe the freshman Willman at 170 got 4th, and I think he will be another 4 over 1. Fitts over West is possible. Fitts beat West last year first round regionals, but I believe West has filled into the 106lb weight class and has some big wins this year. The only other one I could possibly see happening would be Tyler Wright over Beau Heeke at 132.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.