Evansville North Regional

SWSpectator

160-Deters vs Singleton   Can Singleton stage off the high octane pursuit of Deters? Doesn’t get any easier in the finals as I believe who ever wins this match will have Sollars waiting for him. Singleton beat Sollars at the EMD Classic 4-0

Sollars dominated Singleton last week, 7-1. Only point scored by Singleton last week was a penalty point. 

18 minutes ago, IU89 said:

160-Deters vs Singleton   Can Singleton stage off the high octane pursuit of Deters? Doesn’t get any easier in the finals as I believe who ever wins this match will have Sollars waiting for him. Singleton beat Sollars at the EMD Classic 4-0

Sollars dominated Singleton last week, 7-1. Only point scored by Singleton last week was a penalty point. 

Yes. I completely forgot about that. Thanks for the catch 

3 minutes ago, backtothemat said:

Castle had brutal first round only advancing 5 of 12. Boonville taking their lumps in the semi final round with upset losses at 120 and 126 so far. 

Saw Casebolt injury defaulted his semi-final match?  Is he okay or do you expect him to do the same in the 3rd/4th place match

2 hours ago, backtothemat said:

Castle had brutal first round only advancing 5 of 12. Boonville taking their lumps in the semi final round with upset losses at 120 and 126 so far. 

Losingto Sam Scott isn’t considered an upset in my opinion. 

I stand corrected as well. I got ahead of myself in thinking it was Boonville vs Scott. 

By the way, Scott is gonna make some noise next week and I see HH having a rep at State this year. He gave Boarman all he wanted and there was a slight scare when Boarman went down with his knee. He recovered and finished but was noticeably limping on the podium. 

17 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

He looked good. Just saving energy for the 3rd place match. 

Kind of surprised gave up his bracket spot  but then again surely Casebolt and Boarman have seen each other a number of times with DC being from Castle and and BB from Mater Dei and Casebolt must have elected to skip any rematch

As the Head Coach of Evansville Central, I just wanted to let everyone know how proud I was of our boys effort today. This was the most fun I’ve ever had as a coach at the Regionals.  Everyone wrestled to expectations and a few exceeded them. They practiced hard this past week and wrestled even harder. Even though one didn’t make it out, he wrestled hard against a superior opponent.  That’s all anyone could ask.

ALL five boys represented their school, family, program and themselves with class and dignity.  Well done and you all deserved everything you’ve accomplished so far this year.

Keep believing in yourselves and good luck this Saturday in the semi state.

Coach Lapadat 

On 2/2/2019 at 3:52 PM, SWSpectator said:

Central sectional 36 qualifiers

Castle sectional 20 qualifiers.

Breakdown by Sectionals:

Mater Dei - 13 wrestlers advance

Gibson Southern - 8 wrestlers advance  

Boonville - 6 wrestlers advance

Castle and North Poesy -  5 wrestlers advance

Central - 4 wrestlers advance

Heritage Hills, Memorial, Mt. Vernon, and Reitz - 3 wrestlers advance

Harrison - 2 wrestlers advance

South Spencer - 1 wrestlers advance

Observations: Mater Dei was awesome! SIAC Champions, Sectional Champions, Regional Champions, nothing new here! Gibson Southern had a good day! Robinson and Breivogel lost tough matches in finals. PAC Champions, Sectional Runner Up and Regional Runner Up. Lots of underclassmen still. I don't believe I've ever seen GS take this many to semi-state. Great job GS. Boonville also had a good day! They took some lumps in the semi-finals but their guys battled back in the consolation round. Fulks looked tough. I don't think I've ever seen Boonville take this many to semi-state either. 3rd in Big 8, Sectional Runner Up. I did hear in the stands that they should have won their conference but had some injuries the week of conference. Great Job Boonville. One of the glaring images out of the Castle Sectionals is that Boonville sends more to the Ford Center then Castle, the Sectional Champions. It's no secret that Castle had a rough day but Deters and Nunn looked ready to battle! North Poesy's kids looked tough also. We'll see if they can make some noise this Saturday. Mt. Vernon, (the Big 8 Champions) and Reitz were down from previous years. And Sam Scott looked great! He's got a tough drawl next weekend...but I'm not betting against him. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AT SEMI-STATE!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.