Best Regional and Undefeated matchups?

Jayruss

51 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

The problem with today's society and especially message boards is that people want to equate "hating" or "not liking" or "against" with any criticism or opinion at all.  In general people's panties get wadded up way too quickly.  

No one is hating or disliking Boonville.  They are just speaking a combination of the truth (level of competition) and opinion (certain matches won't be close).  It has nothing to do  with one's preference of Boonville.  Now is the time, rather than whine on a message board, to step up and prove people wrong.  The 3 wrestlers mentioned all have great records and I don't doubt they are good wrestlers.  I just don't see them competing with Ross, Egli and Lee.  Could they finish 2nd? Sure.  Will they all qualify for SS?  Probably.  Are they good enough to take the next step and qualify for State?  Can they pull an upset this weekend?  

We shall see.  But take comments for what they are....  opinions that aren't personal

Hated on here is real here sir . 

example TheCounty 

<Pound Sign>HendricksCountySmellsFunny 

**The Notorious** 

JMO , Strength of Schedule has a lot to do at this time of year. 

I am eager to see the 182 lb class go at it ! Sparks will fly , points will be scored , going to be Worth admission $$

Top 6 Wrestlers are 186-6 that is Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beliemy- Edgewood / BS Reg

Brewer- Avon / MV Reg

Carson- Dville / MV Reg

Kemper- Ev Cent / EV Reg

Rodgers- Her Hlls / EV Reg

Nix- Martinsville / MV Reg

3 hours ago, Bigtoe19 said:

JMO , Strength of Schedule has a lot to do at this time of year. 

I am eager to see the 182 lb class go at it ! Sparks will fly , points will be scored , going to be Worth admission $$

Top 6 Wrestlers are 186-6 that is Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beliemy- Edgewood / BS Reg

Brewer- Avon / MV Reg

Carson- Dville / MV Reg

Kemper- Ev Cent / EV Reg

Rodgers- Her Hlls / EV Reg

Nix- Martinsville / MV Reg

Hey BGT!

so what are your predictions? I’ve got Brewer and Carson finishing top 2. 

3 hours ago, moedaddy77 said:

Maybe this boonville argument would go better if all you MD homers compared the like opponents.

Would make a more compelling argument.

Or we wait to see how the head to head results pan out.....

In the mean time, you are more than welcome to offer a few examples....

1 hour ago, SWINfan said:

Or we wait to see how the head to head results pan out.....

In the mean time, you are more than welcome to offer a few examples....

Im not in the know on who beat who but they do have like opponents but ANYTHY can happen in this sport upsets happen every year so.

That is the extent of my argument on the matter.

19 minutes ago, moedaddy77 said:

Im not in the know on who beat who but they do have like opponents but ANYTHY can happen in this sport upsets happen every year so.

That is the extent of my argument on the matter.

Of course anything can happen.  But that doesn't nor shouldn't keep one from making predictions.  If any of the Boonville guys pull a big upset this weekend, you'll see a bunch of people applauding their effort and accomplishment.  

But to say they aren't big underdogs without any reasoning to back it up is pretty weak.  I have looked as some common opponents and 3 head to head matches between Ross - Sutton and they don't work well for your argument.  

2 minutes ago, Aggressor said:

Sutton has never wrestled ross in folkstyle

This is true....   but 2 falls and a TF in freestyle along with Ross' resume, wins over Christian Polen (loss for Sutton), a win at the MD Holiday Classic where Matthew Moore of UC didn't place (loss for Sutton), as well as two really quick pins over Khaliq Boyd vs. 8-4 and 10-2 wins for Sutton give me enough to go on....    

Both Overton and Kane Egli lost to Sam Bacon of Union County this year.  Overton by fall, Egli lost 7-4.  Jordan Fulks has beaten Kane Egli a few times in Freestyle, but don't see any evidence he'll hang with Nick Lee.  Fulks DNP at Folkstyle State last year at 138, while Lee at 145 took 1st and beat Alex Mosconi, Mason Miranda and Alec Viduya in 3 straight matches.  

Still waiting for anyone from Boonville, rather than offering weak criticisms, to provide info that might give one a different opinion on how the matches will go.  I haven't found anything to alter that.  

Best of luck to the Boonville wrestlers tomorrow and next weekend at SS

57 minutes ago, IU89 said:

How about now! 

4635B465-004C-48BB-AE79-115F9C885586.jpeg

So boonville has the best season they have ever had .

And all you guys wanna do is brag about a team that's been doing it for decades.

Maybe you should give theses young kids the respect they deserve for such a great year.

But heaven for bid a MD fan EVER shows another team respect.

9 minutes ago, moedaddy77 said:

And all you guys wanna do is brag about a team that's been doing it for decades.

Maybe you should give theses young kids the respect they deserve for such a great year.

I have a ton of respect for Boonville.  They wrestle hard and are very talented. You asked us to compare like opponents so I was helping you out.  If you don’t want a comparison, don’t be a smart*ss and ask for one. 

Edited by IU89

1 hour ago, moedaddy77 said:

When they seed for the sectional they go by record again LIKE OPPONENT not by overall record .

That's just facts

2 hours ago, SWSpectator said:

Battle of the unbeatens goes to Lee. Fulks battled though, but I think it’s safe to say the gap between those two is night and day. But I think Fulks will be a tough draw for anyone next week. 

I agree, although Fulks was never taken to his back during that match which is always a good sign when wrestling the best in the State

Edited by FortunatlyGreat

6 minutes ago, FortunatlyGreat said:

I agree, although Fulks was never taken to his back during that match which is always a good sign when wrestling the best in the State

Yeah that’s about all that went right for Fulks. Lee could’ve easily made that in to a takedown and cut and took him down at will. 

Lee won !!!! Why the big deal? He dominated the entire match and anyone there seen it. Why keep knocking fulks down? Nobody ever said the outcome would be any different. This is truly sad a entire forum of knocking on every wrestler and or team except for one certain team.  

2 minutes ago, Bnm said:

Lee won !!!! Why the big deal? He dominated the entire match and anyone there seen it. Why keep knocking fulks down? Nobody ever said the outcome would be any different. This is truly sad a entire forum of knocking on every wrestler and or team except for one certain team.  

Definitely wasn’t knocking Fulks. This a public forum that IMO designed to discuss wrestling and matchups. This was a hyped up match not only on the board all week but the announcer today made sure everyone was aware it was two undefeated guys going at it. 

If you read my post again, I gave my opinion on the match that Lee controlled from start to finish, but also praised Fulks for his effort and giving Lee a tough battle and that he would be a tough draw next week at Semi State. 

2 hours ago, Bnm said:

I'll say it again... panties in a wad for no reason.  There were no posts on here knocking any of the Boonville wrestlers other than saying that the matches would be close until a handful of people with no history of posts from Boonville came on and started whining about getting picked on.  No one was rooting against any kid to lose outside rooting for their own.  But the comments and replies after "boonville joined in" were made by several people that have no affiliation to Mater Dei and are just wrestling fans.

People have opinions on who will win and who won't.  The "knocking on" Boonville wrestlers came after nonsense posts like yours.  Don't like the truth?  Can't see the truth?  Oh well.

What you are missing, is that people from the Evansville area especially will be HAPPY to see the Boonville kids succeed next week and beyond.  And would have been the first to congratulate them if they pulled off any big upsets today.  Might even say their root for them.  But whiny posts don't help your cause.

Edited by SWINfan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.