Best Regional and Undefeated matchups?

Jayruss

Mooresville Regional and take your pick at a weight. *If they win 1st round* Chances are your either wrestling a Ranked kid or 2 Ranked wrestlers going at it in Semis . Crazy ! 

106- Semi Finals (3 Ranked)

113- Semi-Finals (4 Ranked) 

120- Semi Finals (4 Ranked) 

126- Semi Finals (2 Ranked) 

132- Semi Finals (4 Ranked) 

138- Semi Finals (2 Ranked) 

160- Semi Finals (2 Ranked) 

182- Semi Finals (2 Ranked) 

195- Semi Finals (2 Ranked) 

220- Semi Finals (3 Ranked) 

285- Semi Finals (4 Ranked) 

The Notorious 

Edited by TeamGarcia

35 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Mooresville Regional and take your pick at a weight. *If they win 1st round* Chances are your either wrestling a Ranked kid or 2 Ranked wrestlers going at it in Semis . Crazy ! 

106- Semi Finals (3 Ranked)

113- Semi-Finals (4 Ranked) 

120- Semi Finals (4 Ranked) 

126- Semi Finals (2 Ranked) 

132- Semi Finals (4 Ranked) 

138- Semi Finals (2 Ranked) 

160- Semi Finals (2 Ranked) 

182- Semi Finals (2 Ranked) 

195- Semi Finals (2 Ranked) 

220- Semi Finals (3 Ranked) 

285- Semi Finals (4 Ranked) 

The Notorious 

Yeah brother.......that’s on another level of loaded.

What I really like about the Walker vs Calhoun match-up goes far beyond their state ranking and opportunity to contest South at 170.  Both of these young men have been Nationally ranked at some time.  In fact.....I believe Calhoun was 20th in the last Intermat Rankings.  Walker has been 18-20 via Flo on a couple different occasions.  This match, and their performances the next couple weeks could solidify them a semi-permanent spot. 

12 hours ago, Jayruss said:

Fulks vs Lee comes to mind , both are undefeated. Any other potential undefeated matchups?

Sam Scott vs Boarman is going to be a huge match as well.

Sutton vs Ross!

11 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Don't think any of those four will be very close

Totally agree that the above three won’t be close. I think Egli-Sutton will be a tight match though. I’ll be at Evv North though so the Boonville kids can prove me wrong!  Hope everyone wrestles their best!

2 minutes ago, backtothemat said:

Totally agree that the above three won’t be close. I think Egli-Sutton will be a tight match though. I’ll be at Evv North though so the Boonville kids can prove me wrong!  Hope everyone wrestles their best!

You mean Kane Egli vs. Overton or Ross vs. Sutton?

Lee will win by tech or pin.

Ross will win by 12 or more 

Boarman will win by 12 or more

Egli will win by 8 or more.  

JMO... But i bet these predictions come pretty close come Saturday afternoon.

you have to look at the competition that MD faces compared to the competition that Boonville faces.  Boonville is a good solid team just not in MD's league. You will see Boonville at semi-state making some noise in the 1st round and podsibly the 2nd round depending the draws.

13 hours ago, Midstate0413 said:

Lee will win by tech or pin.

Ross will win by 12 or more 

Boarman will win by 12 or more

Egli will win by 8 or more.  

JMO... But i bet these predictions come pretty close come Saturday afternoon.

you have to look at the competition that MD faces compared to the competition that Boonville faces.  Boonville is a good solid team just not in MD's league. You will see Boonville at semi-state making some noise in the 1st round and podsibly the 2nd round depending the draws.

Exactly!  Booneville wrestles Tell City, Tecumseh, and Wood Memorial whilel MD faces quality opponents like Warren, Portage, and Cathedral

Edited by PhillyFanMD
typo

You see it ALMOST every year with Boonville. They come in with great records, talked up on the board (mainly by Boonville people), and they almost never perform come State Tournament time. They were possibly the favorites to win the Big 8 and fell to 3rd. We’ll see if these 3-4 individuals can prove us wrong on Saturday, but I’ll have to agree that none of these matchups with Sutton, Overton, and Fulks will be close. 

6 minutes ago, Aggressor said:

Some body don't like boonville 

I don't think it's necessarily hating on Booneville because the athletes are beating the guys that they are competing against.  It's more that the record doesn't always give a fair description of how good or not the athlete will compete against a proven quality opponent.

41 minutes ago, SWSpectator said:

You see it ALMOST every year with Boonville. They come in with great records, talked up on the board (mainly by Boonville people), and they almost never perform come State Tournament time. They were possibly the favorites to win the Big 8 and fell to 3rd. We’ll see if these 3-4 individuals can prove us wrong on Saturday, but I’ll have to agree that none of these matchups with Sutton, Overton, and Fulks will be close. 

(Boonville people) don't do the ranking.

Definitely not hating on Boonville, but just throwing out my own personal opinion from what I see. A lot of people get on here talking up their guys which they have every right to do, I just don’t think these individuals are on the same level as Ross, Egli, and Lee. Sutton got pinned first period last year by Boarman, Overton got teched by Egli, and Fulks lost first round to McNeely. Now it’s a new year so a new chance to flip the script. I would love to see the upset, just don’t see it happening.

4 hours ago, PhillyFanMD said:

Exactly!  Booneville wrestles Tell City, Tecumseh, and Wood Memorial whilel MD faces quality opponents like Warren, Portage, and Cathedral

I don't think anyone on here thinks Boonville is in the same league (team wise) as Mater Dei. However, Tecumseh and Wood Memorial are in the Castle Sectionals and Boonville would need to compete against them for seed purposes. If you look at opponents outside of their  conference and sectional seeding purposes...they compete against Reitz, Union County, Southridge, and Gibson Southern...not to mention Castle (sectional seed). Those teams aren't Mater Dei quality either...but who is in SW Indiana. I see it more through the lens of UCF and Bosie State in NCAA Football. When smaller schools start building up a program and competing well...its difficult for them to get quality meets with bigger, more traditional power house schools. Nobody wants to pick them up or their schedules are already set.  Anyway, they've got some tough kids this year...we'll see how they preform. 

The problem with today's society and especially message boards is that people want to equate "hating" or "not liking" or "against" with any criticism or opinion at all.  In general people's panties get wadded up way too quickly.  

No one is hating or disliking Boonville.  They are just speaking a combination of the truth (level of competition) and opinion (certain matches won't be close).  It has nothing to do  with one's preference of Boonville.  Now is the time, rather than whine on a message board, to step up and prove people wrong.  The 3 wrestlers mentioned all have great records and I don't doubt they are good wrestlers.  I just don't see them competing with Ross, Egli and Lee.  Could they finish 2nd? Sure.  Will they all qualify for SS?  Probably.  Are they good enough to take the next step and qualify for State?  Can they pull an upset this weekend?  

We shall see.  But take comments for what they are....  opinions that aren't personal

2 hours ago, SWSpectator said:

North Posey used to be like that back in the old days.  They'd come in to the Castle regional with guys with only 1 or 2 losses and their seasons would end there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.