Regional and semistate brackets

Coach Nieman

Every time I attempt to pull up regional brackets on track, it says they aren't available to the public yet. Yeah, it's easy enough to look at the 2 sectional brackets and put it together in my head. But we won't have to wait until the day before semistate to see brackets, will we?

I would really like to know the thinking behind keeping the brackets locked on track. I realize I could put the regional brackets together fairly easy by using the sectional results but you would think with all the declining numbers that the ihsaa would do all they could to promote our sport rather that keep everyone in the dark by not releasing the brackets in a timely manner. 

17 minutes ago, trackgopher said:

Regional brackets should be available as 3PM CST tomorrow and Semi State is currently scheduled as 2/4 at 11 CST. Though it could always change. And the state brackets will be released after the IHSAA telecast.

Why so late? Is it a new schedule the IHSAA has decided to go with?

51 minutes ago, bluemonster said:

Why so late? Is it a new schedule the IHSAA has decided to go with?

Because the IHSAA wants to show their power. 

I'd gladly make up the brackets like in the olden days. I loved waiting for a couple random regionals to report results and then hurry and finish the brackets.

2 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

I'd gladly make up the brackets like in the olden days. I loved waiting for a couple random regionals to report results and then hurry and finish the brackets.

Yeah but we dont know what regionals pair up in the quarter brackets until the ihsaa releases them right?

3 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

I agree but am curious as to why you coaches and administrators think that is? Is it like this with any other sports? Did a wrestler pull the chair out from Faulkens in the lunchroom in high school and the grudge is real?

Just seems that any administrator that would go to the State festivities on a Friday night could just feel the vibe and see the athletes and coaches giving their all and would have nothing but respect for the sport and athletes. So what is the opinions for why this isn’t the case?

Just seems strange.

5 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

I agree but am curious as to why you coaches and administrators think that is? Is it like this with any other sports? Did a wrestler pull the chair out from Faulkens in the lunchroom in high school and the grudge is real?

Just seems that any administrator that would go to the State festivities on a Friday night could just feel the vibe and see the athletes and coaches giving their all and would have nothing but respect for the sport and athletes. So what is the opinions for why this isn’t the case?

Just seems strange.

There are many reasons why the coaches aren't in the best of graces.

First off some were caught cheating on weigh-ins and putting incorrect weights on their weigh-in sheets. The refs then had to take pictures of EVERY weigh-in sheet and send them to Faulkens. Some still cheated....

Constantly disobeying simple rules such as the travel rule or contact during moratorium. Along with toeing the line of IHSAA rules and bending them as much as possible aren't exactly helping.

Lastly, the old guard of IHSWCA members that constantly want to "fight" the IHSAA rather than work with them on proposals and changes. That part is getting better, but still has a long ways to go to make up for the many years of trying to fight the IHSAA. 

Those are just some of the reasons why we aren't in the best of graces.

I really hope this is reason or it gives me even less faith that the IHSAA is doing what’s best for the athletes and high school sports. Nothing like punishing the other coaches, athletes, fans, media, and the general promotion of the sport rather than just “growing a pair” and properly punishing those who are causing issues.  Group punishments rarely fix the actual problem because those at fault don’t feel its directed at them.  

Edited by MattM

7 hours ago, trackgopher said:

Regional brackets should be available as 3PM CST tomorrow and Semi State is currently scheduled as 2/4 at 11 CST. Though it could always change. And the state brackets will be released after the IHSAA telecast.

Was wondering if you or anyone else has heard anything about any of the Semi-States providing streaming video this year?

14 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Was wondering if you or anyone else has heard anything about any of the Semi-States providing streaming video this year?

The Berne Witness will be streaming all four mats all day at the Fort Wayne semi state and Region Sports Network streams the East Chicago semi state. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.