Most Physical Wrestlers in the State..?

Tom walker

46 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

I believe they also say he’s border autistic which is why he acts out. 

ohhh.. in that case I can understand.  He's very very gifted hopefully he can be mentored and gradually improve in that facet of his game.  thanks for the info btw

2 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

I hope that is the case because it was disgraceful to watch regardless what team you pull for or are neutral. Have to say Lizak handled it better than I probably would have.

19 hours ago, Tom walker said:

Which wrestlers have that Iowa Hawkeye Wrestling Style? Who are the most dominate and tough on the mat in Indiana?

Iowa Hawkeye wrestling style?   I wouldn't call the current Iowa style, outside of Spencer Lee and the aforementioned Desanto (a whole different issue), I'd call it boring and somewhat defensive toying with the boundaries of stalling much of the time.

4 hours ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

After watching DeSanto vs Lizak, I really hope Lizak gets better and turns the table on him. If I was coaching him, I would have pulled him off the mat and benched him for a couple matches regardless of how talented he is. Usually the only way those types get the message.

Instead, he wrestled the next week, did the same thing and cost his team an unsportsmanlike conduct point twice in a row.  He did sit their Friday night match this week (rumor says that was mandated by 2 straight unsportsmanlike calls, though not sure) and Sunday after a push as the horn sounded sent his opponent on his butt, charged four or five steps well after the horn and stopped himself right before jumping on him.  Coudn't tell from video if he was yelling at him or not.  

2 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

That's what they say....    a convenient excuse for Iowa Hawkeye fans.  It's funny, they didn't sing that song last year when he was wrestling and acting out for Drexel.  Note, that is an ongoing internet rumor than has never been proven.  That said, it doesn't excuse anything.  I'm no expert on autism or the spectrum, but there are many on it that don't act that way.

Edited by SWINfan

6 hours ago, MD92 said:

*biased.  I'm critical of spelling mistakes.:lol:

That's a tough one!!!  It says that the form I used is especially used in the UK.  I have a UK friend.   I'll go with that.  

Biased is an alternative form of biassed.

Biassed is an alternative form of biased.

In en-past of|bias terms the difference between biassed and biased

is that biassed is (bias) while biased is (bias).

As verbs the difference between biassed and biased

As a adjective biased is

exhibiting bias; prejudiced.

Edited by nkraus

1 hour ago, nkraus said:

That's a tough one!!!  It says that the form I used is especially used in the UK.  I have a UK friend.   I'll go with that.  

Biased is an alternative form of biassed.

Biassed is an alternative form of biased.

In en-past of|bias terms the difference between biassed and biased

As verbs the difference between biassed and biased

As a adjective biased is

exhibiting bias; prejudiced.

And to think I thought biassed was just someone with a really large butt

19 hours ago, Mattyb said:

I appreciate the kind words from my buddy. I will say that here in Indiana Brewer has been forfeited to, teched, or pinned everyone he has faced through sectionals and has only given up points by cutting kids. He really takes pride in pushing the pace and scoring lots of points for a bigger guy. 

Love me some aggressive wrestlers. Big fan of all the others on this list!!!

I was hoping to see Carson wrestle up against Nunn from Castle at the Mater Dei 6-way in early December. He would have been heavily favored and wrestled up more than once that day. What led to the decision not to wrestle Nunn?

Nathan Conley also wrestled up that day to deprive us fans of a great 152lb match against Dickens of Mater Dei.

There were more than a few disappointed fans that day. 

Good luck getting your first State Title btw. 

20 minutes ago, backtothemat said:

I was hoping to see Carson wrestle up against Nunn from Castle at the Mater Dei 6-way in early December. He would have been heavily favored and wrestled up more than once that day. What led to the decision not to wrestle Nunn?

Nathan Conley also wrestled up that day to deprive us fans of a great 152lb match against Dickens of Mater Dei.

There were more than a few disappointed fans that day. 

Good luck getting your first State Title btw. 

I'm not the coach and not 100 percent sure of why who wrestled who that day. Will is for sure a stud. Will and Carson have known each other for a long time. His dad is a buddy of mine and great guy. With that said, I was hoping to see them wrestle too. I think that the coaches assumed that the dual may have been close and they wanted to ensure 6 at 182 (I really don't know)??? 

As far as Conley, I think he wrestled 160 all day (I think). 

With all of that said, it was no secret that we had issues filling a good line up early in the season. We got a little more solid around team state time. Long story short.. don't know why are kids bump up some duals and not others. Carson has been under 182 all year and has wrestled half the season at 195. I just watch and have no clue of what's going on!!!

Im sure we will see some great matches at 182 and 195 in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the well wishes. Best of luck to Will. And.. congrats to Casebolt!!!

Edited by Mattyb

16 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

I'm not the coach and not 100 percent sure of why who wrestled who that day. Will is for sure a stud. Will and Carson have known each other for a long time. His dad is a buddy of mine and great guy. With that said, I was hoping to see them wrestle too. I think that the coaches assumed that the dual may have been close and they wanted to ensure 6 at 182 (I really don't know)??? 

As far as Conley, I think he wrestled 160 all day (I think). 

With all of that said, it was no secret that we had issues filling a good line up early in the season. We got a little more solid around team state time. Long story short.. don't know why are kids bump up some duals and not others. Carson has been under 182 all year and has wrestled half the season at 195. I just watch and have no clue of what's going on!!!

Im sure we will see some great matches at 182 and 195 in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the well wishes. Best of luck to Will. And.. congrats to Casebolt!!!

Thanks. I, for one, think Having that match under his belt would have really helped Will at this time of year.  

My list from what I’ve seen this year. 

106- Cottey 

113- Moran, Seltzer 

120- Littel, Boarman will pin you in a heart beat, both technician as well. 

126- Mendez, Curtis technician, tech/pin you

132- Garcia, Viduya technician, Tech/pin you. Asa does have about the nasty snap I’ve seen in a while . 

138- Rooks, technician, nasty single, tech/pin you 

145- Lee, technician, nasty on his feet like his brothers . Tech you 

152- Dickens, technician, Tech you 

160- Washington, will throw you in a second very Physical. 

170- South, has both Physical and technique combination . Tech/Pin

182- Brewer- has both Physical and technique . tech/pin 

195- Allred, Nunn - both Physical, Allred has both combinations. 

220, Cornwell, will throw you a second . Very Physical 

The Notorious 

Surprised nobody he mentioned Hunter Watts yet. He’s one of the quickest in the state and always on the attack. Not uncommon for him to be leading by 8+ within the first minute of the match.

Some others I’ve seen this season or past; Mendez you can’t rest against for a single second or you’ll pay. Rooks can put up a lot of points and is tough to fend off his takedown attempts. Brewer is wonderful at breaking his opponents. Littell has a huge motor and will keep coming at you.

3 hours ago, Caleb Spires said:

Surprised nobody he mentioned Hunter Watts yet. He’s one of the quickest in the state and always on the attack. Not uncommon for him to be leading by 8+ within the first minute of the match.

Some others I’ve seen this season or past; Mendez you can’t rest against for a single second or you’ll pay. Rooks can put up a lot of points and is tough to fend off his takedown attempts. Brewer is wonderful at breaking his opponents. Littell has a huge motor and will keep coming at you.

I almost mentioned Hunter Watts when I mentioned his teammates Conner and Matt but I didn’t because this is supposed to be for “the most physical wrestler in the state”although I do consider Hunter a physical wrestler,I just don’t know if he’s one of the most physical wrestlers in the State but I do think he’s one of the best wrestlers in the state.

Edited by JHS95151

3 hours ago, Caleb Spires said:

I listed few off the top of my head..I forgot a bunch like Asa and the conley's as well. 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.