Gavin Rose

From IndyStar article:

It wasn’t until the 132-pound bout where Warren Central’s perfect start was put in jeopardy. Greenfield-Central senior Gavin Rose led Warren Central’s Aundre Beatty 3-2 in the final period.

But as Beatty knotted up the match with an escape late, Rose went down. For more than 10 minutes, trainers, coaches and support staff surrounded the senior wrestler as they stabilized his left ankle and helped get him off the mat in a wheelchair.

Rose, who finished seventh in the state at 113 last season, came into the sectional finals match with a career-best 32-2 record. As he was wheeled out of Warren Central’s gym, the senior received a standing ovation.

“He’s got the biggest heart of any kid I coached. It’s disappointing, but we’ve got to wait and see what the doctor says,” Greenfield-Central head coach Josh Holden said. “I know he was in pain but that doesn’t always mean you’re done. I think that was his fear and that’s why he was so emotional, he was just worried about next week.

“He’s probably telling the doctors right now, ‘How do I wrestle next week?’”

2 minutes ago, slice60 said:

It looked like a bad injury. Unfortunately, it must be a bad one.

Gavin Rose is not listed in the 132 bracket for the Perry Meridian regional. FC kid who placed 5th in the sectional will participate in his place.

So instead of moving the 3rd place wrestler to the 2nd spot, 4th place to 3rd spot and the 5th place to the 4th spot they are slotting the wrestler who finished 5th into the 2nd seed and a greater chance to advance to the Semi-State?  That is odd.

4 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

So instead of moving the 3rd place wrestler to the 2nd spot, 4th place to 3rd spot and the 5th place to the 4th spot they are slotting the wrestler who finished 5th into the 2nd seed and a greater chance to advance to the Semi-State?  That is odd.

I just noticed that & started a new thread. It has to be wrong & surely the coaches/AD's will spot it quickly.

On 2/4/2019 at 5:17 PM, slice60 said:

Gavin Rose was on the main floor at PM Regional between sessions with a big cast on his leg propped up in a wheelchair. Clearly, it was as bad as feared.

It was broken :( He had surgery that Friday before Regional and showed up to Saturday morning to cheer on his teammates. He's a great kid and we will miss him being apart of our program. 

I don’t know Gavin but I have friends (who know nothing about wrestling) who apparently do know him.  They are very impressed with him.  They say he is a very hard working, ambitious, polite, and respectful young man.  One of them said, “I heard he wrestles for Greenfield.  Maybe you’ve heard of him.”

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.