Sectional Question

lewdwar

The only reason I can see this happening, The wrestler did not qualify for the 152 weight class and had to move up to 160. We had a situation come up at our seed meeting similar. A team had a 120 who weighed in too low that week so it wasn't a qualifying weigh in. The wrestler was injured and the rest of his weigh ins were above 120. The wrestler couldn't go 120, but a forfeit was entered at 126 so the wrestler wasn't allowed to go there either. To me, the kid should be allowed to wrestle at 126. I do understand not wanting to open that can of worms, but I would rather open it and let the kid wrestle than make him sit on the sideline.

21 minutes ago, LionsFan said:

I was looking at the Southport sectional brackets and didn't see Washington listed in either weight class?

IGWC Beck was #2 seed  at 145 now is at 160. Now will have #3 seed Skinner from BG second rd. 

I am so happy that LC dropped their sectional and I don't have to run one this year.  With this weight management stuff, conflicting instructions for bracket creation, and the Carmel stuff too, I would have been pulling my hair out.  When LC lost all of their seeds after the seeding meeting a couple of years ago, I didn't think it could get anymore complicated.  Good luck everyone.  I think some major changes are needed to the Winter Bulletin and procedures in general for the Tournament series because this should not be this difficult. 

Seems pretty cut and dry to me:

B. The IHSAA copy of the sectional entry list is the official copy.

1. A wrestler entered on the official entry list may be entered in his/her listed weight class or in the class immediately above his/her listed weight class at the seeding meeting.

2. After the seeding meeting, no wrestler entered and seeded or placed by draw may change weight classes during the individual tournament.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.