2019-2020 Team State

WadeDuPont

With the individual state series upon us it also brings scoring for the 2019-2020 Team State. With that said and new enrollments issued by the IHSAA last week, is there a rough draft of the teams in each class for scoring purposes?

If you go to page 2 of discussion threads, bwood posted the just-published new enrollment numbers. If you go to the IHSAA wrestling page, you can see all the teams that are entered and start going down through that list to figure out Jay County's approximate situation. This year, there will probably be at least 12 teams entered at sectional that won't have 7 guys. Possibly close to 20. So subtract 12 from the total number of teams, divide by 3, and you've got your approximate dividing point. Then count down through the teams on the enrollment list and you'll have an estimate of where Jay County stands. Hope that helps.

12 minutes ago, maligned said:

If you go to page 2 of discussion threads, bwood posted the just-published new enrollment numbers. If you go to the IHSAA wrestling page, you can see all the teams that are entered and start going down through that list to figure out Jay County's approximate situation. This year, there will probably be at least 12 teams entered at sectional that won't have 7 guys. Possibly close to 20. So subtract 12 from the total number of teams, divide by 3, and you've got your approximate dividing point. Then count down through the teams on the enrollment list and you'll have an estimate of where Jay County stands. Hope that helps.

Thanks, where can I find last years list of team for each class?

40 minutes ago, X_R A T E D said:

Is there any change is team state scoring this year? Any regionals throughout the state change their category 

No changes in scoring, but categories won't be released until Friday with the procedures doc. Big change is just with classification: teams are only counted for classification if they wrestle at least 7 weights at sectional.

34 minutes ago, Sectional alternate. said:

Maligned, has the "IHSWCA Team State Duals Qualification Procedures" for this year been released? 

Friday...sorry we couldn't get it out sooner this year.

1 hour ago, AJ said:

I see 406 schools listed... will be interesting to see how many schools do not field 7 wrestlers....

Not sure what list you're looking at. I think there are 312 entered for sectional without double-checking.

5 hours ago, maligned said:

Not sure what list you're looking at. I think there are 312 entered for sectional without double-checking.

I just saw the total number of schools... wrong list

4 hours ago, Sectional alternate. said:

Again Friday night before, and VERY few know the rules.   Sorry man not good.    

Rules aren't changed from last year except for the one that was announced in all the IHSWCA minutes in the spring: teams have to have 7 guys to be counted toward classification.  Classification won't be finalized until all the Forfeit data is finalized after this weekend, as always.

No other rules have changed in the last 4 years.

Sorry for the delay with Categories. We want them to be as accurate as possible, so we do the tabulations late in the year. We're all volunteers with full-time jobs, so if a key cog is consumed by his full-time life, we sadly get set back. I finally got the last pieces of what I needed at 2am, so we're pushing through to get it done this morning.

Good luck today, everyone!

Edited by maligned

Maligned, 

Most people just don’t get how much information has to be located and data entry needs to be input.  And that even after the initial formulas were created.  Glad we have you to do it right. Appriciate all the time and effort you put into this.

Edited by MattM

59 minutes ago, X_R A T E D said:

@maligned when will the individual scores for each team be posted now that sectional is over and you can see how many teams had at least 7 wrestlers? 

Scores are still in the process of being tabulated. Takes quite a bit of time the first week fling through every school and wrestler entered in every sectional. I myself have already been working on it for about 20 hours since Saturday evening and still have a few hours to go. The biggest time consumer is having to search for wrestlers grades cause the coaches didn't enter them on trackwrestling. (ex. South Adams 🤐) Hopefully within the next two days everything will be cross checked and teams put into their new classes after taking ineligible teams out.

Edited by littlevito

So, if I'm reading correctly an injured wrestler had to have made semi state to get a team points in 2a?  We had two wrestlers out that would've made regionals, and probably semi state, but only the one had made Regionals last year and lost by 1 to go to semi state.  That takes a minimum of 18 points away from our total by my math.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.