Sign in to follow this  
ehscoach

Academic All-State

It's that time of year! Time to honor the wrestlers putting in work in the classroom too!

You will have until the Regionals, February 2nd to nominate a wrestler. 

Girl wrestlers who wrestled in the Girls' Regionals &/or State are also eligible for Academic All-State honors - following the same GPA requirements

Senior Academic All-State
    Criteria:
    1. Must be a senior
    2. Must have a 3.25 average on a 4.0 scale for 7 semesters (please convert to 4.0 scale when submitting)
    3. Must be a Sectional participant
    4. Must be nominated by a member of the IHSWCA

To Nominate a Senior, Email Mark Line:   markaline65@gmail.com 
        - Include senior's name, school, sectional weight class & site, GPA, and attach transcripts 

Junior Academic All-State
    Criteria:
    1. Must be a junior
    2. Must have a 3.25 average on a 4.0 scale for 5 semesters (please convert to 4.0 scale when submitting)
    3. Must be a Sectional participant
    4. Must be nominated by a member of the IHSWCA

To Nominate a Junior, Email JD Minch:   jsaminch123@sbcglobal.net
        - Include junior's name, school, sectional weight class & site, GPA, and attach transcripts

While I’m proud of both of our champs I am just as proud of both of them for making this list. The wrestlers on this list are great STUDENT athletes. As a middle school coach, it would be awesome to show our kids a list of these great student athletes, and explain to our younger guys why these kids are going to good schools. Could somebody post the list please? 

Congratulation to all on this list. It is just as important as winning a title, if not even MORE IMPORTANT. All of the D1 schools want to see them grades.

3 hours ago, bulldog145 said:

Does the Association send out certificates or is that on the schools??

Email either Mark or JD. JD sent my wrestlers certificates in the mail to my house.