Academic All-State

Greg Ratliff

It's that time of year! Time to honor the wrestlers putting in work in the classroom too!

You will have until the Regionals, February 2nd to nominate a wrestler. 

Girl wrestlers who wrestled in the Girls' Regionals &/or State are also eligible for Academic All-State honors - following the same GPA requirements

Senior Academic All-State
    Criteria:
    1. Must be a senior
    2. Must have a 3.25 average on a 4.0 scale for 7 semesters (please convert to 4.0 scale when submitting)
    3. Must be a Sectional participant
    4. Must be nominated by a member of the IHSWCA

To Nominate a Senior, Email Mark Line:   markaline65@gmail.com 
        - Include senior's name, school, sectional weight class & site, GPA, and attach transcripts 

Junior Academic All-State
    Criteria:
    1. Must be a junior
    2. Must have a 3.25 average on a 4.0 scale for 5 semesters (please convert to 4.0 scale when submitting)
    3. Must be a Sectional participant
    4. Must be nominated by a member of the IHSWCA

To Nominate a Junior, Email JD Minch:   jsaminch123@sbcglobal.net
        - Include junior's name, school, sectional weight class & site, GPA, and attach transcripts

• Y2CJ41 pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Y2CJ41 unpinned this topic

While I’m proud of both of our champs I am just as proud of both of them for making this list. The wrestlers on this list are great STUDENT athletes. As a middle school coach, it would be awesome to show our kids a list of these great student athletes, and explain to our younger guys why these kids are going to good schools. Could somebody post the list please? 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, navy80 said:

Can anyone direct me on the process of how many wrestlers make academic all state? If the IHSAA sets a certain limit on how many they can award first or second team etc?? Thanks!

the coach has to enter his wrestler to receive it and I don't believe there's a limit. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.