Sectional Brackets

eagledad

2 hours ago, SWINfan said:

At least 15 released them last night and all were subsequently locked.  No idea why any would be available now.  Sounds like we have a technical issue....   or a Southern Cowboy saying to hell with the rules.  My bet is on the technical issue

My Sources in the TheCountyTMZ South say that Cowboy is that Crazy Lunatic Pistol Pete is running rampage down there, keeping those brackets open . I hear he saying ... “touch that delete button and I’ll make you famous” then he goes into some rant of Woooo... Bang ! .... Bang ! .... Bang ! Or something. I don’t know, but that sounds about right . 

The Notorious 

Edited by TeamGarcia

1 hour ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

So what is the IHSAA logic for the late bracket release occurring the 25th at 9AM Eastern?   Heres some of my theories.

1. Historically,  as everybody knows, they've been released much earlier.

2.  Are they waiting for the let coaches digest or even  give them an opportunity to make complaints or recommendations for changes prior to the brackets being released?

3.  Has there been a problem with any public commentary in the past creating controversy?  Maybe the IHSAA feels by waiting for time closer to the tournament,  they'll get less annoying public input from fans & parents.

4.  Is the IHSAA tired of people complaining about wrestle backs  and class wrestling and in a petty way punishing fans for their complaints.

5.  Maybe some "Southern Cowboys" broke the rules and submitted earlier than they wanted,  and as a result are going to make everybody wait till Friday? because of a few bad apples?

6.  Maybe they're concerned about Y2CJ41 control and monopolization of the wrestling media,  and  are sending him a message that they control the message.

7.  Maybe its the bad guy good guy theory.  They project to the fans that fans you got to wait till Friday,  then they give them early like an early Christmas present, then we end up loving them.

8. TrackGopher has a secret back door agreement with the IHSAA,  and they're going to announce this afternoon that you can get access to brackets early by getting  Trackwrestling premium membership.

9.  Maybe Y2 has a secret agreement with IHSAA and,  Y2 will announce this afternoon that he will  send brackets to you if you buy a Indiana mat shirt or early subscription to next seasons preview.

Hey just theories.

Or maybe it’s someone that’s a control freak. That was never a wrestler, that wants to DICtate how things are to be done. Hypothetical scenario of course.

I know that many of us enjoy/love our sport of wrestling without government politics in it. So my apologies. The Government shut down but they seem to pick what departments remain open.... I guess to get to my point, has there been any type of “Shutdown” in the Bracket/ Seeding Dept?? Some sectional brackets have been chosen to be viewed...

Where is my darn Delta sectional brackets????

5 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

So what is the IHSAA logic for the late bracket release occurring the 25th at 9AM Eastern?   Heres some of my theories.

8. TrackGopher has a secret back door agreement with the IHSAA,  and they're going to announce this afternoon that you can get access to brackets early by getting  Trackwrestling premium membership.

Hey just theories.

While I do technically have an agreement with the IHSAA (as I run the finals for them), you can’t blame me or TW. The IHSAA has written scathing emails to TW due to events opening up without their permission.  So unfortunately, I too, have no ability.

7 hours ago, Justin Ratliff said:

Unless you took a screen shot before they locked everyone out. 😎

Yes, I am assuming they are keeping the brackets under lock, this is a first. Unless, they went to this over the past 4 years. I was semi-retired as a HC. Or  you have the brackets!!! 🤨

Edited by Coach Brown

23 hours ago, RustyLove said:

I know that many of us enjoy/love our sport of wrestling without government politics in it. So my apologies. The Government shut down but they seem to pick what departments remain open.... I guess to get to my point, has there been any type of “Shutdown” in the Bracket/ Seeding Dept?? Some sectional brackets have been chosen to be viewed...

Where is my darn Delta sectional brackets????

Delta is open now

Looks like they must have locked the brackets so they could make changes. I can see that the Carroll brackets were changed from what they were the night we did them. They took all the kids that were drawn into a seeded kid and placed them against unseeded kids. This is a good thing in the long run.

17 hours ago, boomer said:

Looks like they must have locked the brackets so they could make changes. I can see that the Carroll brackets were changed from what they were the night we did them. They took all the kids that were drawn into a seeded kid and placed them against unseeded kids. This is a good thing in the long run.

The Columbia City wrestler at 195 is injured and cant wrestle so I think they may be replacing him. 

2 hours ago, jmills said:

Plymouth 132

How did Nick Felke 25-2 get seeded 4th?

TrackWrestling does allow you to see the reason. Enter the tournament then go to Informstion, Seeding Criteria.  You can see the order used for seeding.  Now go to Weights. Choose the 132 weight then go to Seeds - for this weight the 3rd seed was a semistate quarterfinalist so that puts him ahead of everyone - except... #2 seed beat him head to head and the #1 guy beat the #2 head to head.  That leaves the 25-2 wrestler at #4 seed he hasn’t beaten any others head to head and I’m guessing the note that says 14-2 might be his record without forfeits but not sure

55 minutes ago, base said:

TrackWrestling does allow you to see the reason. Enter the tournament then go to Informstion, Seeding Criteria.  You can see the order used for seeding.  Now go to Weights. Choose the 132 weight then go to Seeds - for this weight the 3rd seed was a semistate quarterfinalist so that puts him ahead of everyone - except... #2 seed beat him head to head and the #1 guy beat the #2 head to head.  That leaves the 25-2 wrestler at #4 seed he hasn’t beaten any others head to head and I’m guessing the note that says 14-2 might be his record without forfeits but not sure

Thank you, kind sir.  The results are so much better if you know what you are doing than if you take a blind guess like me.

😉

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.